“Horrible don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Fairborn
“Horrible don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I EVER have stayed in. We were given a room on the 8th floor. When we stepped off the elevator there was trash piled on the floor with liquid coming out of it. The ceiling was nasty looking and the halls were extremely dark. Once inside the room, there was rust in the tub, stains on the carpet and was very outdated. The beds were not comfortable at all. We opted to stay because we were only going to sleep in the room so we won't be in it long. Went for breakfast the next morning, selection was not good and the tables were so beat up, I was affraid to eat on them. The trash finally was removed from by the elevator but the liguid remained throughout the stay. To top off our entire stay on our way home, we found body lice on our legs. So, if you don't want a horrible stay, stay somewhere else,avoid this trainwreck!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sam1903, Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Central, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent stay on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate the opportunity that this provides us to respond directly to you.
Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati.

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding trash piled on the floor. We appreciate your comments and will certainly will consider them when we are intervening in situation like this in future. Thank you for letting us know.
We have taken required steps to ensure this doesn't happen again and we have already started an intensive renovation of the hotel and we are installing new flat screen TVs in our rooms.

In the breakfast area we have fresh waffle, sausage gravy biscuits, egg patties, boiled egg and now we have also introduced breakfast sausage to the breakfast menu.

If you wish to review this matter further, please feel free to call me at 513 351 6000.

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We (we b'n my husband, our 3 y/o son, & of course myself) have seen a lotta different towns, stayed at a lotta different hotels...written a lotta reviews, some not 2 good, BUT all of em r honest, 2 the point...& hopefully this'll give u some really gr8 Nformation. (B4 I Bgin (begin) I hope this doesnt Nflic 2 much of a headache, its EZ'R (easier) 4 me (not 2 mention its a lotta fun) 2 short'n words play w/ our english language & grammer, plz take it 4 EXACTLY wat (what) it is, its NOT that Im uneducated & dont knw 2 spell or use grammer, again its fun, its EZ'R (easier), & takes less time 2 type, thx 4 understand'n have fun read'n this & hope its helpful...Njoy) Now, lets get dwn 2 wat u came here 4...shall we? I gave THIS location an over all score of a 5. Cleanliness, was a 5. Our room was VERY clean, frm ceiling 2 floor, even under the bed, the bathroom was spotless & gleaming white. House-keep'n does a terrific job!!! They keep the pool & gym area on point, faithfully very morning I saw em clean'n the pool area, frm the pool water itself 2 the garden area. Location is a 5, right off the highway, could c it frm our room, but we could not hear it, we even saw the train go by everyday, I swear this hotel is sound proof cuz we could NOT hear N-E of it, they do have an amazing sound barrier. It was really neat 2 c, & it was the BEST part of my son's mornings. Room I gave a 5. Again, it was n tip top shape, nice decorations, they r elegently placed, the over-all feel of the room was very welcome'n. The beds were so comfortable, I jus melt'd n it. Service, again another 5. We stay'd there while the World Choir Games where there, u would assume service wouldnt b all that gr8, boy was I WRONG. I 4got bath soap @ home, I call'd the front desk 2 request some, they had my bathsoap @ my door n 2 mins, I even request'd some paper plates & forks, they brought those 2 me as well, w/ absolutely no wait. They made me feel like we were the ONLY family n the hotel, like we were their ONLY responsability. I knw 4 a 100% fact we were NOT the only 1's that felt this way, cuz I had a chat w/ another guest, whom had their child out n the pool w/my son play'n whom felt the same way bout their service also. (IDK if that part is allow'd cuz I knw ur ONLY suppose 2 speak bout ur OWN PERSONAL stay, but it SHOULD b cuz THIS conversation DID personally happen 2 take place w/ ME 1st hand). Value was also another 5. We got a fabulous price, there r somethings $$ can NOT buy, like the way my family & I were treat'd. How we were respect'd. The way the employees made us feel so important, it was OUTSTANDING. Money can't buy THAT. 99% of the time when u go 2 a hotel, they ARE loud, the walls r thin, the ppl ARE rude & hate their job, the rooms have a funky mildew smell, or a powerful stale cigarette stinch, there r a lotta terrible things that COULD & DO go wrong, BUT not THERE, NOT @ THAT LOCATION, THEY R THAT 1%...they r that 1% for the 99%. Its the lobster life, on a tuna budget.

• Stayed July 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I'll let you in on a little secret....If you are looking for 5 star treatment for a 1 star price...continue reading....I know this might sound a little cliche, but it's true...this location is, my home away from home. The price is so affordable. That also might sound pretty cliche, but it honestly is. You get 5 start treatment for a 1 star price. I don't know how they are able to stay in business with ALL they offer, for such a low price. It's great! The people at the front desk are ALWAYS in a fantastic mood, and very educated on the area around here. I have stayed here many times, (but this is my first review.....ever...please bare with me.) being as I've stayed here many times I've stayed in many rooms, not one single time have I ever came across a dirty, smelly, nasty room. My rooms have ALWAYS been spotless, as I would like to say.....hospital clean, but with a homey feel. Housekeeping has done an outstanding job, the floors, the bed (which is to die for) under the beds, mirrors, walls, the bathroom, there is ZERO dirt, dust, or grime. The bathrooms DONT even have a little trace of water build up, NO soap scum, NO mildew, NOTHING. Even the towels, they were so bright white. I would love to know their secret on how they manage to keep EVERYTHING so clean and bright white. They have really out-done themselves. Oh, and if you forget something....just call the front desk, they will have it in hand and at your room in 5 minutes or less. Even, when the hotel had ZERO rooms left.....I stayed while the World Choir Games where here in Cincinnati, the hotel was so full, but EVERYTHING ran so smooth. Breakfast was hot stuff were hot, the cold was cold, and fresh (even the fruit, come on now, FRESH fruit? ...YUP!!!!) There was plenty for EVERYONE. I still felt like I had the hotel's employee's undivided attention. It has been so hot here lately, so I spent a lot of time in the pool, the clean, refreshing, crisp pool water was oh so relaxing.....and the pool towels were the same way...so bright white. (Honestly, how do they do it?) They have a 24 hour gym area, where believe it or not inspired me to get in there and work-out for a bit. I'm kinda shy, and at the public gyms I always feel like I'm being stared at, so this time, I crept in there around 1 or 2 in the morning when everyone was sleeping, and turned on the big TV they have in there and did my thing. Thank goodness they have it 24 hours. LOL. Anyway speaking of 24 hours, they have a business center that's also open 24 hours. But, if you wanna kick back in your own room, its cool, cause they have high speed internet in every room, with great connection. Tonight for dinner I tried their restaurant, for the 1st time, it was very flavorful, and the price was just right. No matter if you come here for pleasure or business, you will not regret it, its super easy to get here, just off the highway, (but, rest assure you CAN'T hear it). I'm suppose to list something that I least like about my stay also, but....as I've sat here for a while, NOTHING comes to mind. I know that seems hard to believe, but honestly, the ONLY thing that I can think of that is bad about this location, is that.....I must leave. I can't live here. Everyone is so friendly, I was always treated like family. Every employee treated me as if I were part of their family. We laughed, joked, and kidded around. The whole staff was this way. I could NOT have asked for ANYTHING more. I was/am SO happy with EVERYTHING here.

Room Tip: As I've stated I've stayed in many rooms, cause of the number of times I've been here...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
silvers pring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The front desk attendant tried very hard to accommodate with the tyes of items we were in need of while there at the hotel. we were respected, and the price was wonderful considering we stayed the for an extended time The pool area was well maintained daily I watched from the room. The house keeping tried very hard to provide us with a clean room each day. They treated us well.
Our famlily says Thank you all . I will stay there again if we come through the area.

Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We were happy to read a few good reviews of this hotel and to see that we could get a room with two beds for a too good to be true (which it was) AAA rate. That is the only good thing I can say.

The FIRST room we got hadn't been vacuumed. The blanket on the bed was so rumpled and nasty looking that it prompted me to check the sheets (clean, surprisingly enough) and look under the mattress for bed bugs (none). My 10-year-old said, "Gross! What was that?" I lifted it back up, and there was food between the mattress and box spring! Upon closer inspection, I noticed that not only did the bed skirt have a two foot tear in it, but there was, how do I put this . . . bodily fluids on the bed skirt. I reported this to the front desk (they offered no apology and didn't seem surprised), and told them that we were going out to eat and I didn't want anyone in our room fixing this problem while we were out. They said to let them know when we returned and they'd take care of it. Great, I thought. Nope, not so much.

We ended up getting back from dinner around 10. Called the front desk. No answer. Walked down. Had to ring the bell for nearly 5 minutes. She said someone would be right up. We waited with our kids (who had to be up at 7 for a dance competition that started at 8 a.m.) for more than 15 minutes when a very sloppily dressed, unclean looking man smelling of smoke with no Quality Inn identification whatsoever, showed up at our room with sheets for two beds in his hands. He thrust them at me and said, "Heard you wanted your carpet vacuumed?" with a question in his voice like I was an idiot for even asking. I said, "I guess I'm changing the sheets myself?" He said, "OK." Not the answer I was expecting. I said, "I can't lift the mattress myself, and there is no bed skirt or mattress pad here and that's what we need. He acted surprised even though the girl at the front desk had been told twice. He acted put out and said he'd go talk to her and walked away leaving me with sheets I didn't need.

I called the front desk and asked for a new room. They said they were full, but she'd see what she could do. We waited for more than 15 minutes and decided to shove the dirty bedskirt between the mattress and box spring and get the kids to sleep and just get out of there as soon as humanly possible in the morning. As soon as I washed my hands, the phone rang. She said, "So and so is coming up with your key." I asked what key she was talking about as we had keys and there were no more rooms. She said they'd found a room and the dirty guy had checked it out and it was ok. I asked twice if she was sure he'd checked it out and that it was ok. She said, "Yes." So he showed up with the new key. By then it was after 11. No offer to help us cart all our stuff to the other room.

We walked all our belongings down, opened the door and were greeted by the smell of what must have been an entire can of air freshener. My friend's eyes started watering and she started sneezing. The kids were gagging. Thank GOD we'd brought our own fan. We plugged it in and blew the air OUT of the hotel room. The kids slept with washcloths over their noses to block some of the smell, and socks on their hands and long pants on so they didn't have to touch the sheets because they were so grossed out. At about 2 a.m. when I was still wide awake because the smell in the room was so horrendous, I noticed that the smell had dissipated a bit, and in it's place was the smell of cigarette smoke. In a no-smoking room. So THAT'S why he'd emptied a whole can of air freshener in there! I finally fell asleep about 3:30 a.m.. Got up at 7 for the competition. A refreshing 2.5 hours of sleep, knowing I'd be at the competition for 6 hours and then had a 5 hour drive to look forward to on 2.5 hours of sleep.

Went to check out of this hotel from the nether world. The guy didn't ask how my stay was, just printed a receipt and slid it across the counter toward me. I slid it back across the counter toward him and said, "I'd like to know how you're going to make up for the absolutely horrible stay we had. This is the worst hotel I've stayed at in my entire life." I again related my story to him. No apology or surprise. He took my number and said the manager would call me. He never called.

I called Choice Hotels Guest relations, and after listening to a recording for 21 MINUTES that they would answer my call as soon as an agent was available, I hung up. Apparently the entire conglomerate of Choice Hotels doesn't give a hoot about it's guests. So I went online to fill out the form on there. It said that I entered an invalid address AND an invalid e-mail address -- neither of which was invalid -- and wouldn't let me send the form.

So, I ask you, do you really want to even consider for a second staying in this dump?

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I am a frequent traveler and Choice Hotels member and I just finished my third stay in this hotel. The room was decently clean and the front desk staff were courteous and always helpful.

They serve good breakfast, which was included in the price. For those looking for a good place to stay for very reasonable price, this would be the place!!

For one of the stays, I required a late checkout and the front desk manager readily extended the courtesy to give a few more hours for the checkout.

I have atleast two more trips to Cincinnati in future, and I am definitely going to stay here!

Room Tip: Request for top floor rooms! They are in general, quieter and nicer!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Took a weekend in Cicinatti to go to the zoo,and see a game,and we were looking for a reasonable hotel in the area so we chose this one for about $80. Next time I'll pay $200 a night before I stay in this place again.First off the neighborhood looked like a drug deal would be going down at anytime,complete ghetto. Next our room was nasty.there were hairs from the previous occupants still on the sink,toilet,and tub. Plus the sheets on one of our beds were nasty.i had to call and have the toilet cleaned ,and the sheets changed after we arrived.On top of that a guy had to fix the toilet because it would not shut off. So if you are looking for a hotel room in this town, AVOID THIS PLACE NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Quality Hotel & Suites Central? Share your experiences!