“If you want to relive Spring Break...” 2 of 5 stars

Quality Hotel & Suites Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4747 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45212   |
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
louisville
“If you want to relive Spring Break...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My son's rugby team stayed here over the weekend. When I walked into the lobby, the first thought that hit me was, "I feel like I'm in Florida on Spring Break." The hotel reminded me of the ones I stayed in during college...shabby, outdated, smelly, and not the kind of place you'd want to walk without shoes.

The rooms were small and crowded. The beds were uncomfortable. It was not very clean. The bedding looked like it needed washing. There were balconies that you could access from your room, and the railings were rusty. It smelled because smoking is allowed. I checked for bed bugs and didn't find any in our room, so that was a plus.

The area wasn't as bad as I expected from the reviews, but with so many other choices of places to stay, I'd avoid this hotel if possible.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

As a Choice Hotels member I have been pleased with the recent improvements in Quality Inns. We normally stay in Comfort Inns but Quality Inns are becoming a close second. We stayed at this hotel last November and were disappointed but this stay is greatly improved. I think they are getting the message.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Our daughter as at the Cincinnati Childrens Hospital for a 5 night, two surgery stay this past week. After the first two nights, we decided to try and find a room close by instead of having two vehicles making 80 mile round trip drives. There are other hospitals close by as well including University Hospital, Shriner's Hospital for Children, and the VA Medical Center.

Since you are fairly close to downtown Cincinnati, the prices we found were pretty ridiculous. There was a little Holiday Inn Express right at the Mitchell Ave. / I-75 exit that was asking over $100 a night! We're talking far from an upscale neighborhood here.

We found this Quality Inn in Norwood - an easy 8-10 minute non-interstate drive from the hospital - aprox. 3.5 miles depending on which route you take. Our cost per night including ALL taxes was just over $65 including breakfast. This was for a Fri, Sat. Sun. nights' stay.

The hotel itself was okay. Room was rather small with no fridge, microwave etc, but the beds were comfy and clean. Not good soundproofing but we didn't have any real issues with sound. My husband and I took turns sleeping at the hospital / hotel room at night, so I'm only speaking from my experience - but then, my hubby would sleep through a nuclear war :) I was awakened at 1am one night when a group of guys in the connecting room (door was closed and locked) had a loud conversation. They weren't vulgar or fighting or anything - just loud. I walked over to the connecting door and coughed a few times to alert them that someone was in the adjoining room. They immediately got quieter and they were totally quiet within about 20 minutes.

The shower worked fine. Nothing fancy, but clean and drained good. The lobby and common areas were clean, though just a little on the dark and dated side. Our non-smoking room did not have a smoke smell, but the elevators had a strong odor. Not a hotel where the staff was particularly knowledgeable or helpful. Not rude, just a bit clueless as I asked about a few surrounding businesses and driving routes. I will say that I got the same girl for both inquiries, so perhaps another desk clerk might have been more useful. I did not have the breakfast, so can't comment on the quality. I will say that the last clerk I had at check out ( a guy) inquired as I left (around 10:45 am) if I had a chance to have breakfast. I told him no, I had slept in, and he asked if I would like for him to give me some fruit or danish before I left. I declined, but it was a nice offer. There is a coffee maker in the room, as well as coffee and microwave available in the lobby.

There is a sliding patio door (we were on second floor) out to a good size balcony overlooking the parking area. Not scenic, but nice for getting some fresh air into the room. Locks on the patio door worked fine. Good light blocking drapes at the door.

Good supporting businesses around the area incluing a Kroger store, KFC, McDonalds, LaRosa's pizza, and Taco Bell. A decent mexican restaurant actually attached to the hotel and a Frisch's Big Boy right next door. Norwood Police station also right across the street. Definitely a more urban setting, but as a 50 yr. old woman there by herself, I felt safe. I will say that the deadbolt on my room door apparently did not work, although the door was automatically locked when closed. I still prefer a deadbolt / chain and there was not that option. I put my luggage rack with loaded suitcase directly in front of the door and slept like a baby.

For us, the biggest advantage was the proximity to the hospital and it worked perfectly for that. We simply couldn't afford the other places at over $100 a night. I rated the hotel as very good, and I'm thankful it was a decent place at an affordable price there for us when we needed it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
brighton, mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked two rooms at this hotel for our service personnel. I actually booked two rooms twice. They were to stay Sun/Mon and return on Wed/Thur. They called me Monday and BEGGED me to cancel their upcoming stay. The rooms were FILTHY. There was dust on all furniture, dirty towels, hair in the shower, dirty carpet. The list went on. I felt horrible because going by the website it looks lovely. The service men travel constantly and said this was by far the most disgusting, filthy hotel they had ever seen.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Greensboro, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

Use your money elsewhere of possible. Had to change rooms twice due to dirty room- dirty towels left in bathroom; dirty floors. Extremely worn furniture. Breakfast was inedible. Not a good value

• Stayed August 2011
Gibbstown, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

No doubt this hotel has seen better days and public areas (lobby, pool area, LL floor) could be upgraded, but since I only walk by them I will not comment. The price I paid was under $60/nt. I stayed in room 212 (photos attached) and found it to be clean and neat. The furniture is a little worn, but things like the towels and sheets where soft and very clean. The bathroom was in great shape with modern fixtures. The TV was the old style tube, but again worked well. Housekeeping did a great job each day keeping the room looking clean and neat. The room are quiet...it looks like the floors are cement so sound does not carry.

The hotel has a workout room with basic equipment. The outdoor pool is seasonal, but not in the best location. There is a free breakfast with a level just above basic, but not the worst I have ever had. The LL floor had many reception rooms but the area now appears to be unused. The LL does have something useful...a barber shop that opens about 7 a.m. with people lined up to use it. Parking a tight in front of the building but no problem in the rear.

Also note this hotel is really located in Norwood, OH, just the at north-east edge of Cincinnati.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Brookfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Building needs to go! The sheets were so dirty I slept in my plain clothe on the bed ! The shower was so dirty I did not take a shower, the carpet is so stained you wonder what the original color was! Stay away from this hotel at all cost!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Quality Hotel & Suites Central? Share your experiences!