“Great weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza to your Saves list
Booking.com Tingo.com
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Instant Getaway
Ranked #8 of 47 hotels in Cincinnati
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton for my birthday. I haven't stay in this hotel in a very long time but I have to say it is aging nicely. It has so much character yet the rooms have modern touches you expect. It was clean and comfortable. We were upgraded to a suite which might bias me on how much I liked the room. The suite was basically two guest rooms converted to a sitting area and bedroom. We had both bathrooms to use from the historical set up which might have been my favorite aspect of the room - his & hers! I can't imagine if the normal room size was either half of our room because it would have been tight. I enjoyed our room and the property in general but if space is important, go with a king suite.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Christopher S, Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
February 12, 2014

TripAdvisor Member

Dear TripAdvisor Member:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati in conjunction with your birthday! As a returning guest your comments are especially important to us.

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the beauty of the hotel and found your guestroom to be comfortable and clean. You can be sure that we’ll share your comments with our team in general.

Thank you too for your notation of the layout of our guestrooms, as a historic hotel we have over 120 different guestroom configurations. We are delighted to see that you and husband were very pleased with the suite provided to you during your stay.

Many thanks for your valuable feedback, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you to Cincinnati.

972 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 20 years, and it continues to be excellent. The location is also very convenient for my business meetings downtown. And the service from all of the staff was top notch.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Christopher S, Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, February 12, 2014

blocb4

Dear blocb4:

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati!

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the beauty and location of the hotel and found our service to be top notch. You can be sure that we’ll share your comments with our team in general.

Many thanks again and please call on us whenever your travel plans return you to Cincinnati.

Milwaukee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel is physically gorgeous, with a wonderful pool and spa. It would be perfect for an all-day getaway. But if you are expecting any sleep, fuggedaboudit. The ambient noises from the street festivities at the fountain, and/or construction noises, will, like Macbeth, murder sleep. So don't bank on any sleep until the middle of the night when things MIGHT quiet down.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
February 10, 2014

June K

Dear June K:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Electronic Guest Evaluation form. We appreciate the additional comments that you have provided beyond those of your sister.

Please accept my apology for your complete dissatisfaction of your stay. As you know, we have already made adjustments to your account to atone for the concerns that were expressed to us. This morning, my colleague Matthew Kolb, our Director of Revenue Management, will remove the remaining charge from the second of your two night stay.

June K, I deeply regret that our city location and the activities that are conducted here were so disturbing for you. City ordinance permits these activities and as I noted to Ms. Kozak, I’ve shared your concerns with the city directly.

Thank you too for your suggestion that we add an ATM machine to the hotel’s lobby. We’ll certainly consider that for the future. Here too I apologize that a member of our staff did not perceive that you would have concern in accessing this space and walk you there. We’ll remind our staff of the importance of this.

Thank you again for your comments and concerns.

Managing Director

Cc: Belvedere Hotels, Ltd.
John Howard, Director Brand Performance, Hilton Hotels
Matthew Coffey, Assistant General Manager
Cincinnati, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I believe the location of this hotel was the most satisfying quality of our experience. The room itself was smaller than expected, the cleanliness of bed sheets were below standards and the room did smell unpleasant. My husband and I were also disappointed with options for breakfast. I most likely would not stay at this specific Hilton Hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
February 7, 2014

Samantha S

Dear Samantha S:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Hilton Electronic Guest Comment Card. And thank you for speaking with me regarding your stay! I was very pleased to have the opportunity to address your concerns. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back!

Brooklyn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The Hilton Cincinnati Hotel Nederland Plaza is a historic hotel that is beautifully maintained. The room I stayed in was spacious, clean and the bed was super comfortable. I would only want to stay at the Hilton Cincinnati Hotel Nederland Plaza the next time I am in Cincinnati.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Marianne R

Dear Marianne R:

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the beauty of the hotel and found your guestroom to be spacious, comfortable, and clean. You can be sure that we’ll share your comments with our team in general.

Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The food was phenomenal, and my colleagues and I all tried different things that were all great. There were no issues with the hotel at all. It was going through some touch-up maintenance/remodeling at the time, but they were apologetic for any inconvenience, and it was a minor an issue as they could've made it. The hotel was beautiful and had a very modern yet antique feel. It is 1 block away from Fountain Square which is a nice place to walk around with a quite a few options for dining. OVERALL a great experience, and I would recommend to anyone in the area. If you are looking for Hot Wings, check out Knock Back Nats which is only a couple blocks away for the Hilton Netherlands.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Vince S

Dear Vince S:

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati in conjunction with IN Marketing! As a Blue HHonors member your comments are especially important to us.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our property and your dining experience at our restaurant, Orchids at the Palm Court. We are well known for our food and beverage services and we will be sure to share your kind words with our management staff to share with their team members.

Thank you too for your notation of the improvements we are currently working on in our lobby restroom. Though we are excited with what these improvements will bring to our guests, we again apologize if you and your colleagues were inconvenienced in anyway.

Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

A gorgeous art deco building from the 1920s with spectacular public areas. A suite was only about $20 extra, so we splurged and loved it - two rooms, two bathrooms, two TVs. It's not cheap but not really a super-luxury hotel. We had an excellent experience except for the usual lack of free internet.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza? Share your experiences!