“Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

You added Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza to your Saves list
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Orchids at Palm Court Pkg
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was an excellent hotel, comfortable, clean and delightfully good banquet food and restaurant food. I was there for a Parents of Murdered Children National Conference and the workshop rooms had plenty of water and pens and pads for notes and hard candy for energy. The beds were so comfortable and the bathrooms clean and plenty of hot water. My only complaint is that at times it was too cold in the banquet room. Other than that it was a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Christopher S, Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, August 29, 2013

TripAdvisor Member

Dear TripAdvisor Member:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati in conjunction with the Parents of Murdered Children National Conference. As a convention traveler, your comments are especially important to us.

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the stay and found the restaurant and banquet food to be excellent. You can be sure that we’ll share your comments with our team in general.

Thank you too for sharing your concerns about the temperature being too cold at times in our banquet facilities. Please be advised that at any time during your attendance of a banquet at our hotel you are more than welcome to address any concerns with one of our Banquet Captains. They will insure that you are as comfortable as possible while you are attending a conference. Nevertheless I apologize that this was a concern.

Many thanks again and please call on us whenever your travel plans return you to Cincinnati.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Lovely old building and beautiful lobby but the rooms need some serious updating. The rooms are very small, I was in a king room and it was like a closet. Very hard to think about the money it costs when you look at the pathetic paint job on the bathroom doors and walls. The bed was very comfy and the views from the observation deck were fantastic. Please update this hotel and make it as classy as it once was. Very friendly staff also.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room, some of the rooms are tiny.

George C

Dear George C:

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel for your stay in conjunction with your visit to Cincinnati. As a business traveler, your comments are very important to us.

As a historic hotel, we have a small number of queen and king size beds in this category. When our occupancy allows us to do so, our agents will review our guest’s requests and place our guests in room types that are above and beyond what has originally been reserved. If we did not acknowledge your request our inability to fulfill a larger room type at the time of check in, I apologize.

Thank you too for sharing your concerns about our guestrooms needing to be updated. I as write this, we are currently refurbishing all of the guestrooms in the hotel, including new draperies and seating surfaces. We look forward to the improvement s that this will bring for our travelers.

George C, we hope and trust that our handling of this matter has helped to convey our sincere interest in responding to you.

Many thanks for your valuable feedback. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you to Cincinnati.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I selected this hotel due to its proximity. It was within walking distance to the Fountain Square that had nightly activity, and also has an indoor walkway to Macy's and other stores which was great. The hotel is big and did have a musty smell and may be due to being old. The hotel has so much history and famous ghost story of the "lady in green" which made it interesting to tour the place at night. Beautiful decorations and entrace way. The front desk clerk was wonderful and very helpful. I would stay there again when I return to Cincinnati. I used my hilton honors points so I only really paid for valet, and it was worth the stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
August 20, 2013

LoveMoutainLife

Dear LoveMountainLife:

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati! As an HHonors member, your comments are very important to us.

Thank you too for your kind comments regarding the hotel’s location, our staff and the historic beauty of the property. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed these aspects of your stay.

Thank you too for sharing your concern regarding a “musty smell.” If you care to share more about the nature of this concern especially the location of the smell, I would be happy to respond to you personally. You may reach me at Michel.Sheer@Hilton.com

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Really surprised this is a Hilton property. Upon arrival as a diamond member I was advised I was upgraded from a queen room to king. Gee, thanks. Had to wait in line to check in while the bell desk was checking people in. He should have proceeded to those waiting in line already. Especially since I was diamond. The young lady checking me in was very unfriendly and honestly I did not feel welcome. I enter my room and there was such an old musty smell. The room was in bad shape. This hotel needs major work. I did really like the 8 head shower. Since it was only 1 night I did not complain. Room did not have room service menu. So they had to bring one up. Would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
August 19, 2013

ryanb22

Dear ryanb22:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the opportunity that this provides us to respond directly to you.

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel in conjunction with your visit to Cincinnati with General Electric. As a Diamond HHonors Traveler, your comments are especially important to us.

Please accept my apologies that you raised with respect to your check-in experience on Saturday, August 10th. Our work to check guests in at the bellstand was to increase our stations from five to six in order to expedite the number of check-ins that we anticipated. I’m very sorry to learn that the agent who handled your check in was not welcoming. We’ll certainly review the matter with her directly in order to improve for the future.

Thank you too for letting us know your concern regarding your guestroom, a connecting bedroom to the Churchill Suite. The room has its original bathroom fixtures as you no doubt saw and commented on. We regret that you found the room to be musty. We are presently doing an air-conditioning service as part of our ongoing maintenance of this system. I regret that this was a concern.

As for our Room Service menu, we have recently located this service on the television set and our guests can order directly from there. From your comment, it does not appear that whomever you spoke with referred you there. Again, I apologize that this was a concern.

ryanb22, upon your next occasion to visit Cincinnati, please contact my Assistant Julie Heink at Julie.Heink@Hilton.com and reference this letter. We will be happy to oversee your reservation and insure that your stay is a comfortable one.

Page 2

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wow. Perfect location, perfect room, bed was great and a wonderful breakfast buffet. The pillow was just ok while everything else was superb and I look forward to my next visit to Cincy. The hotel was connected to the Macy's with an out to middle of downtown on Vine St. Simply awesome!

• Stayed August 2013

Bandit2118

Dear Bandit2118:

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you found the location of the hotel and your guestroom to be perfect. I am also pleased to hear that your breakfast at The Grille at the Palm Court was simply wonderful. You can be sure that we’ll share this with our team in general.

Seymou, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I love staying at this Hotel.. I stay here whenever I am in town (which is one week every year).. Just love the staff and the hotel as a whole! The valet is wonderful along with the bellhop!! Beautiful location downtown and convenient to everything!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dana H

Dear Dana H:

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you found the location of the hotel and our Bellmen, and Valet team members to be wonderful. . We’ll be sure to share your thoughts about the services you received from our hotel staff with our management team.

Many thanks again and please call on us when your travel plans return you to Cincinnati next year.

Charleston, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at this historic hotel for a weekend of baseball. The Netherland is older, but is well-maintained and very clean. It is located within walking distance of shopping, business, restaurants and bars, and, of course, the ballpark. We used the valet parking and it worked perfectly for our stay. Check-in went smoothly, with excellent and friendly service provided by the staff. The room I had was somewhat small, but what one would expect in an older property in any major city. It was quite nice and well appointed, with two queens, a walk-in closet, and a bath with tub shower. The bed was very comfortable, and I slept well. We met our group at the lobby bar, which was packed, but we were served quickly and with a smile. When leaving, the valet staff gave us directions which allowed us to avoid traffic snarls and get out of Cincy quickly. All in all a wonderful stay. I recommend this hotel for business or a weekend getaway to Cincinnati and will stay at the Netherland again.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for a room away from the elevators. Use the valet parking service. It is only...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

WVDan

Dear WVDan :

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found our hotel to be clean and well maintained. I was very pleased to hear that you were serviced promptly and with a smile from our staff at the Bar at the Palm Court amongst the many other patrons. We’ll be sure to share your thoughts about the services you received from our hotel staff with our management team.

Managing Director

Been to Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza? Share your experiences!