“Hilton meets objectives of service.” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Instant Getaway
Ranked #6 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
Delphos, United States
“Hilton meets objectives of service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Staff went out of their way to care for us and our stay. very friendly, willing to help in any way. went beyond the norm to ask how they could help or direct you. We arrived early and they accomodated us immediately. If I have to travel to Cincinnati I definately would consider this hotel.

1,131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I made an unplanned return to Cincinnatti and refused to stay at the hotel; rather I stayed at the Westin around the corner. The Hilton Netherlands Plaza hotel did not meet expectations. There was too much wasted space in the hotel room, awkward room layout, and a very uncomfortably small bathroom where the door, when opened, hit the toilet paper roll. Whereas my room had plenty of space, the room door opened awkwardly and left very little room to get in if you had any type of bag or luggage with you. The Belevedere Club was extremely disappointing and fell very short of expectations of a club lounge. I honestly felt that I was in the lounge of a 2 or 3 star hotel with it's decor, layout, and amenities. I wasted my money ensuring that I had access to that lounge. The ambience and comfort in the hotel bar far exceeded that of the Belevedere Club and they both had similar prices for drinks. All in all, a very disappointing experience at the Hilton and, as evidenced by my unplanned return to Cincinnatti that same trip and my refusal to return to the hotel, I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the opportunity that this provides me to further respond to you.

Yesterday, I responded to your Electronic Guest Comment Card which similarly covered your concerns.

As we discussed, the hotel will be installing new seating and window treatments in the guest rooms beginning later this month. Later this fall, we will be replacing the interior of Belvedere Club as well. And as I noted, we are reviewing how we might make future improvements to our guestroom bathrooms.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. I am happy that my response yesterday resolved the matter to your satisfaction.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back whenever your travels return you to Cincinnati!

Michel Sheer
Managing Director
Cheltenham, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great access to local sites. Hotel staff very helpful in looking out for bargains on meals, resturaunts, and other actitivies. Recommend staying at this location. Festival ongoing because of July 4th holiday in Fountain square. Enjoyed the music and fireworks from our location. Trolley for $1 is great way to explore Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.

Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

First off, this property is the best in Cincinnati...hands down. The architecture in the building is awesome and the staff is extremely attentive to every need that you have during your stay. The rooms are small (at least the ones I stayed in) but this is to be expected from the age of the building. I've always had great views of the river which make getting some work done at the desk easier.

The locatioin of the hotel can't be beat with top notch resturants within a very short walk. If you're in town for a sporting event (Reds or Bengals) this would be a great place to stay as it's another short walk to get to these venues. There is a mall that you walk through from the self-park and the entire city is available through sky-walk in the winter.

I've stayed here about 4 times in the past but would stay here much more if the price wasn't as high. Most nights during the week run in the low $200's, but the quality of the hotel is certainly worth it but corporate expense report doesn't always like the high prices. On very rare occasions, I've been able to find something around $125 and that's a price you should jump at if you can manage...you won't get better in Cincinnati.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
July 15, 2013

Nate M

Dear Nate M:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati!

Thank you too for your kind comments regarding the hotel and its staff. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stays with us!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you Cincinnati.

Michel A. Sheer
Managing Director
Murfreesboro, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband, son, and I stayed here July 5-7, 2013. We had a corner room on the 14th floor with 2 double beds. The room was extremely clean and attractive with high ceilings. Maybe in need of a bit of updating. The bathroom was disappointing, though. It was so cramped, and we couldn't fit all of our toiletries on the single narrow shelf above the sink and toilet. The closet was actually large enough to walk in, which was nice because we stored our suitcase, extra bags, shoes, etc., in there and out of the way. Overall we liked the room, but the size of the bathroom was the only problem.

The pool is hard to find. It's on the lower level in the fitness center. There are signs outside the elevator pointing you in the general direction of the pool, but after that, there are no other signs. I couldn't find it anywhere, so I wandered into the fitness center to ask where it was, and that's when I saw it in the back corner.

The public areas are stunning. The hotel is wonderfully preserved and looks like an art deco dream. The main lounge/bar/restaurant is right off the lobby, and you have to see it to believe it. Pictures don't do it justice. We stopped to have a drink on Saturday night after the Reds game, and they had a nice band playing in the lounge. This area is very popular and rightfully so due to it being so attractive.

If you're there on a Sunday, you have to try the brunch buffet. It has to be one of the best in the city. We had friends who live in Cincinnati come to meet us for brunch, and they were most impressed with both the food and the surroundings. It's very impressive, a great selection of interesting foods, and the wait staff was great as well. Highly recommended.

You can't ask for a better location. You walk outside, and there's Fountain Square with a Morton's of Chicago, McCormick & Schmick's, Graeter's Ice Cream, Saks, Tiffany's, and lots of other places. It's about a 10-minute walk to Great American Ball Park.

We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who loves historic hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

beautiful old hotel updated with all amenities. One of the hotels for my Optimist International Convention. It rained the entire weekend and the hotel had umbrellas available for anyone who needed one. The room was very spacious and the room had a walk-in closet!

Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We attended a wedding that had a block here-hurray for us. Great location, amazingly spacious corner room, friendly faces everywhere. We've stayed here before but it just gets better. The hotel seemed to be full but we never heard a peep from our neighbors. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza? Share your experiences!