I chose this hotel because of the easy walk it afforded to a two-day business meeting I had in downtown Cincinnati and didn’t really know much about its history or beautiful Art Deco style. It is a historic property, and my experience was in line with this. I was upgraded upon check-in which was a pleasant surprise and my room was quite large. I was right next door to the vending area on the 8th floor and was concerned at first it would be loud, but I didn’t hear it at all! Interesting architecture in the room was pleasant, although the bathroom was extremely small and lacked vanity space. Ventilation and in-room temperature controls were great. My only ‘complaint’ would be the lack of outlets near the bed for cell charging; my cell doubles as an alarm clock and I like to have it nearby.
Hilton offers free wi-fi in the lobby and business center, but in-room requires additional payment. I don’t know why hotels (particularly the larger more expensive ones) cannot seem to get past this extra bit of revenue – it feels petty. Anyway, the property was beautiful, the staff friendly and helpful, and valet parking was the way to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1. Opened in 1931, this updated National Historic Landmark and charter member of Historic Hotels of America is one of the world's finest examples of French art deco in existence. Located within Carew Tower with shops & restaurants and centrally located across from Fountain Square. Within four blocks of 90+ shops, restaurants, bars and attractions including Great American Ball Park and Paul Brown Stadium. One block from Duke Energy Convention Center and connected via skywalk. Renovated guestrooms feature mini fridge, safe, wifi access, flat-screen tvs with expanded high-definition programming, new seating, sound dampening blackout curtains and soft goods. Award-winning on-site dining including Forbes Four Star rated Orchids at Palm Court, named #7 Best Restaurant in the USA (OpenTable, 2014); casual dining in The Grille at Palm Court; relaxed fare, signature cocktails & private label microbrew in The Bar at Palm Court. Complimentary access to The Gym at Carew Tower, a 13,000 sq ft fitness facility located in hotel's lower level, with a pool, Jacuzzi, 10+ treadmills, 10+ ellipticals, free weights and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hilton
- Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Ohio