“Affordable Downtown Elegance” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

Save Saved
You added Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza to your Saves list
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Instant Getaway
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
washington, dc
“Affordable Downtown Elegance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel is conveniently located in the middle of downtown Cincinnati with access to sky walk. Numerous business, restaurants and shopping are within easy walking distance. A few blocks away one will find the nicely renovated waterfront area; the location of the National Underground Railroad Museum, more restaurants and the cities two major league football and baseball stadiums. Upon entering the hotel guests are greeted with a beautifully appointed lobby area and friendly hotel staff. Restaurant has live music during evening hours and Sunday brunch. Rooms are clean and well appointed but some are very small. Aside from street parking, there are two other parking options; valet and self parking. If you choose self parking be sure to pay close attention to hotel staff's directions to the parking tower. The route is a bit difficult to negotiate and there is little or no signage to lead you there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed for a Business trip. No free "in room" wi fi although, if you are Hilton rewards member, you can use the business center for free. My room was upgraded for the night and was very large with a King size bed. Bathroom was small, but adequate. Great work out facility in basement!!! Bar was very attractive but the drinks were slight for the price and service was OK. Oh, and you can hear people in the hall and the doors slamming shut- might need ear plugs Great location for downtown activities. I will consider other options next time but maybe not. Again- place is OK!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a larger room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
April 18, 2013

2ndAmendment

Dear 2ndAmendment:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati while on business.

We are pleased to hear that our staff upgraded your accommodations during your stay. We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed The Gym, our complimentary full service health club provider located in the hotel. We receive many compliments about the size and scope of equipment and services that they offer. We’ll share your thoughts with them directly.

Thank you too for sharing your concern regarding Internet services at the hotel. As you noted, we offer a complimentary business office in the lobby in addition to complimentary wireless Internet services in the lobby and restaurant. I would be happy to review these options and your status as an HHonors member for the potential benefits that we offer there with respect to Internet services. You are welcome to contact me at Michel.Sheer@Hilton.com to do so.

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you.

Michel A. Sheer
Managing Director
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a perfectly nice hotel, although the rooms don't live up to the art-deco style of the function rooms and lobby bar. The charge for wireless internet irked me - when will this disappear? - and overall, especially taking into account the expensive (and extremely inefficient) valet parking, the value left me underwhelmed.

That being said, it's a great location right across from Fountain Square and if you secure a room at the top of the building, there are some great views across the river into Kentucky... and even into the Reds stadium.

The service was very good and well-informed, and I enjoyed my stay on the whole.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Vallejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you love Art Deco and find yourself in Cincinnati, this place is a must. When you book a room, remember this is a historic property, so the experience will be different from staying at a hotel built in recent decades. Rooms are smaller, but well appointed and comfortable. Be positive to have a drink in Palm Court - an expansive, lush area assured to leave you feeling the grandeur of days gone by. This property is like a living museum for French Art Deco, embellished with rich materials of marble, rosewood and brass. Ceiling murals complete the experience.

It is conveniently located in downtown, close to restaurants, galleries, theatre, and Fountain Square (another "must"). Take a short walk and you're at the waterfront, featuring National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, baseball park and cozy pubs.

I discovered this gem on my first trip to Cincinnati. Although I was staying in a nearby hotel, I had to enter this place once I saw it (it was so incredible I was willing to risk getting thrown out!). I politely explained my architectural fascination to the lobby staff and they provided a "tour" booklet that guided you through the property history and highlights. Sensing my enthusiasm, they graciously let me explore the public areas of the property. This has become my hotel of choice on every trip I have made to Cincinnati.

Bravo Hilton!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Really beautiful hotel. It felt like you were transported back to the 20s. Even though everything didnt feel new, it still felt very nice. Wonderufl for a largre group, we stayed as part of wedding and found the location to be great. Would recommend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here often not only for the location but for its historical and unique interior. This is a true Art Deco treasure that everyone should visit and enjoy. Step away from the new and sleek style of today and walk thru a time of luxury. You can find fault in every property but please enjoy this by gone jewel.

• Stayed April 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I'm completely disappointed with my room at the Hilton Netherland Plaza Cincinnati. I used points to make the reservation. Unfortunately when I made the reservation the only room available was a queen. Went ahed with the reservation and called early the morning of asking to pay for an upgrade to a King room. I was told on the phone that multiple king rooms where available and that they would work to upgrade our room. When I got to the hotel I noted my request again. When a room was finally available I was told that no king rooms where available. I asked what happened to the rooms that were available when I called hours earlier and no good response was given. Not only this but the queen room we checked into is not what I have come to expect at a Hilton hotel. Tiny, dirty, and dated. I will not be returning and will be transferring my honors membership to Hyatt for business travel in the future,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
April 15, 2013

SeanSt27

Dear SeanSt27:

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati. As a Silver HHonors member, your comments are especially important to us.

Thank you too for sharing your difficulties with your guestroom. I apologize that a member of our team indicated that an upgrade to a king bedded guestroom would be easily arranged from the queen bedded guestroom that you reserved. I also regret that you found the condition of guestroom 1416 to not meet your expectations or by your comments, our levels of service. This afternoon, I called and left a voice mail message for you. I would be happy to review the matter in detail with you and address your concern. You may reach me at Michel.Sheer@Hilton.com or 513 564-6401 to do so.

Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you.

Michel A. Sheer
Managing Director

Cc: Matthew Coffey, Assistant General Manager
Julia Morgan, Director of Front Office Operations

Been to Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza? Share your experiences!