I was in Cincinnati for three days attending a conference. As others have indicated, some of the rooms are significantly smaller than others. I was lucky enough to be placed in a corner room with two queen beds. The room was more spacious than most typical hotel rooms and included a reading area with a recliner and reading lamp, as well as a desk. The bathroom was on the small side but functional.
The hotel, as it is fairly old, is full of charm. It is clean and well kept. Be sure to check out the hall of mirrors. Word is the food at the restaurant is excellent (though pricey, even by hotel standards), but I didn't have an opporunity to try it. All the staff that I interacted with were pleasant and helpful. There are a significant number of quality restaurants in the area within walking distance, both chain and local. An excellent location for anyone attending a conference, ball game, or anything else in the lower downtown area.
Be sure to go to the top of the adjacent Carew Tower (49th floor). It's well worth the $2 fee to get an unobstructed 360 degree view of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1. Opened in 1931, this updated National Historic Landmark and charter member of Historic Hotels of America is one of the world's finest examples of French art deco in existence. Located within Carew Tower with shops & restaurants and centrally located across from Fountain Square. Within four blocks of 90+ shops, restaurants, bars and attractions including Great American Ball Park and Paul Brown Stadium. One block from Duke Energy Convention Center and connected via skywalk. Renovated guestrooms feature mini fridge, safe, wifi access, flat-screen tvs with expanded high-definition programming, new seating, sound dampening blackout curtains and soft goods. Award-winning on-site dining including Forbes Four Star rated Orchids at Palm Court, named #7 Best Restaurant in the USA (OpenTable, 2014); casual dining in The Grille at Palm Court; relaxed fare, signature cocktails & private label microbrew in The Bar at Palm Court. Complimentary access to The Gym at Carew Tower, a 13,000 sq ft fitness facility located in hotel's lower level, with a pool, Jacuzzi, 10+ treadmills, 10+ ellipticals, free weights and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Reservation Counter and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hilton
- Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Ohio