“Nice Hotel, good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

You added Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza to your Saves list
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Orchids at Palm Court Pkg
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Albany, New York
“Nice Hotel, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel everytime I have a meeting with Procter and Gamble. They are right down the street and it's an easy walk. When I checked in the guy at the desk told me they had recently renovated the rooms and I should be quite pleased. I admit it could've used an upgrade. They put me in a suite on the 20th floor. Great view of the river. The suite was poorly remodelled in my opinion. All they did was remove the wall between two rooms. So it had a bedroom, living room and two bathrooms. Both bathrooms were quite smalll and I kept bumping into walls and the door. The shower curtain is not of the curved type so when I showered I kept touching the curtain which I find a bit revolting. How long have curved shower curtain rods been used in hotels, 15-20 years?

Overall I think the hotel is a pretty good value and I'll stay there again. I just wish they would do a better job of upgrading rooms if they're going to spend the money.

I didn't eat in the restaurant but will next time. The concierge lounge was decent.

Stayed February 2013
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
February 21, 2013

Muffinhead2580

Dear Muffinhead2580:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate the opportunity that this provides us to respond directly to you.

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati with Procter & Gamble.

Thank you too for recounting your check-in story. I’m sure that what our agent was referring to was last fall’s re-wiring of the hotel for high definition television and wireless Internet service. We also installed a new credenza to support our LG HD televisions and this also incorporated a guestroom safe and refrigerator.

We are as I write to you, finalizing improvements to the seating and window treatments in our guestrooms. We anticipate completing this work around mid-year this year.

My apologies for the confusion and please call on me if I may be of assistance at Michel.Sheer@Hilton.com or 513 564-6401.

Michel A. Sheer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Beautiful hotel in the heart of downtown. Walking distance to great shops and restaurants. Great views, Exceptional service. Treat yourself to a drink in the fancy bar - the drinks and appetizers are wonderful.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our Stay was delightful, warm, fun and Fantastic! We would hightly reccomend the Hilton Neterlands Hotel. It is in the heart of Downtown Cincinnati and has the Old 1940's Hollywood Glamour and Charm! I especially love all the wood and marble everywhere!

Room Tip: 29th Floor overlooking Riverfront Stadium and the river is a MUST!
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza. I had an opportunity to use the hotel exercise facility during this visit. The hotel exercise facility is large with many different pieces of equipment. This is a very good hotel for keeping fit. My room was large and clean. The hotel is located in downtown Cincinnati in walking distance of a number of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
February 21, 2013

TSOGL

Dear TSOGL:

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati.

Thank you for your review of the hotel’s convenient location and clean guestrooms. We are delighted to know that you appreciated these attributes of our property! We are also very pleased to know that you enjoyed our services overall and especially, The Gym, our 3,000 square foot, purpose built health club available to our guests without cost.

Thank you again and please call on me if I may be of assistance at Michel.Sheer@Hilton.com or 513 564-6401.

Michel A. Sheer
Managing Director
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is georgeous, in a nice area, friendly staff and clean room. We had a great experience at this hotel. The location is really nice with skywalks to stores and parking garage. When I called to make my reservation I inquired about parking. They said that they only have valet parking for $25 per night. When arriving we noticed self parking across the street for $15 per night. That is what we chose to do. It was very convenient with a skywalk right to our hotel. Our battery was dead when we went to leave the next morning but they sent someone from valet over to help us. They were there withing minutes and very friendly! The hotel is located close to many high end restaurants, along with other types of eateries. We actually walked to a Panera for breakfast. There is also a tower that is in the same building that you are able to take an elevator to the top of to overlook that city. We were planning on doing that but there was a charity walking event that morning which had it closed until 2:00 and we were planning on leaving before that. I would recommend this to anyone that can afford it. We actually used our Hilton Honor points to buy down the amount to make it affordable to us. I had read other reviews stating to ask for a riverside, upper floor, corner room. I did request this and the hotel honored my request. I would also recommend the same advice. Enjoy your stay.
p.s. Beds were very comfortable!

Miamisburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The rooms are huge! (and clean) The hotel is beautiful, but a bit hard to find if you park in the garage across the street and walk over via the shopping area. Staff was friendly and always willing to go out of the way to help. If you have time, take the walking tour. The building has a lot of historical beauty and charm.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Washington D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Netherland Plaza is a historic hotel, a history that they not only embrace but share with you. The rooms were quite spacious, the service simple and businesslike, and the location is ideal for the convention center. If you enjoy the charm of old buildings, a touch of class and the service we expect from Hilton this is a perfect spot!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business