“Historic Hotel - What's old is old again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza

You added Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza to your Saves list
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Instant Getaway
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Chicago, Illinois
“Historic Hotel - What's old is old again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The elaborate lobby and classic halls lead to classic rooms that could use a slight upgrade. Rooms are large clean and comfortable. Staff are courteous and helpful. I had reserved a king and was "upgraded" to a room with two single beds- I asked for a king and they told me they were sold out. So they gave me a room with two king beds and it was huge, 30' by 30' enormous! And the first room was huge as well. Bathrooms are classically small. The decor is nice but it just looks old. Not rundown but lacking some sense of style. I was traveling on business so I had no need for the size. If I had the whole family it would have been great. Parking is extra at $15 a day. The mall that it is connected to appeared to be abandoned. I would not object to staying there again but it was kind of forgettable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
February 16, 2013

PhamleeTraveler

Dear PhamleeTraveler:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the opportunity that this provides us to respond directly to you.

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati.

Thank you too for your kind comments about the hotel’s public space décor; our staff; and the cleanliness of your guestroom. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed these aspects of your stay.

We also appreciate your observation that the guestrooms need a “slight upgrade.” We are have recently completed the design review process to move forward with these upgrades. We anticipate installing them in the coming months and look forward to the additional comfort and benefits this will bring for our travelers.

Thank you again for writing! Please call on me if I may be of assistance in the future.

Michel.Sheer@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Good location, but the room could use a good cleaning. Had to keep my curtains open so l didnt have to look at blood stains. My daughter had gotten alittle chemical burn from the pool. Probably wouldnt stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
February 16, 2013

DaniJean39

Dear DaniJean39:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to you personally.

Let me begin by extending our apologies to you for the concerns that you have raised with regards to your daughter and “a little chemical burn” that she received while using the pool. We do not have a security report regarding this incident and I would be happy to address the matter directly with you. You may reach me at Michel.Sheer@Hilton.com to do so. We hope that this note finds your daughter well.

We also regret your report of a stain on the window treatment in your guestroom. We have recently completed the design approval process to move forward with replacements for our window treatments and guestroom seating in all of our guestrooms. We look forward to doing so in the coming months.

Thank you for taking the time to write and please contact me at your convenience.

513 564-6401
Alexandria, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful, historic hotel. The art deco architecture makes you feel as if you're on a movie set. Staff is very friendly and helpful - gave me a free upgrade to a Jr. suite without me even having to ask (due to my Hilton Honors status). Rooms are well appointed, comfortable, and very clean. The restaurant and bar are gorgeous - food is among the best in Cincinnati.

Hotel is centrally located - a short walk to most anything and everything downtown, and only a short cab ride to attractions in Newport, Covington, Mt Adams, etc.

Whenever I need to stay downtown Cincinnati, this is where I stay, and I've never been disappointed.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Netherland plaza with my fiance in December. Upon entering the lobby, I was immediately taken back by the hotel's sheer beauty and elegance. The lobby really brings a special feel to the property as you are instantly reminded of a classic hotel from the 1930's. After a brief meeting with the receptionist at the front desk, we were off to our room. Our room was nice, as it was a suite located on the 13th floor. The room was clean, with a sofa sleeper in the living room and a king sized bed. Sheets were missing from the sofa sleeper, but that was not a big deal. The bedroom area was separate from the living area and contained an updated TV with classic linens. Both bathrooms were very clean, and complimentary toiletries were provided. My fiance and I enjoyed great sleep that evening, as the bed was very comfortable. Upon awakening in the morning, I took my son to get breakfast at the Executive club while my fiance slept. Breakfast included rolls, donuts, danishes, coffee, hot chocolate and orange juice and was pretty good. One of the downsides to the stay at the hotel is the parking situation, as it costs approximately 20 dollars/day with no in or out privileges. Valet is even more pricey, but at least you can leave and come back! Our family thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Netherland Plaza and would definitely return if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My 10th year coming to this hotel on business. I will always stay here even it was not for business. The staff is outstanding. Hotel in design is a work of art. Cannot say enough what a pleasure it is to stay here. They treat you as family.

Room Tip: Higher floors, larger rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I've stayed here maybe greater than 25 times as we stay here for Bengals and Reds games etc... when we travel to Cincinnati. We love this hotel because the staff are always friendly and the location is perfect for walking to anywhere. The real special draw here though is the deep history of this building and seriously take the time to look up and around at all of the art deco period design. Have a drink at the bar and you'll see much of it in the hall there. If you're into haunted stuff there is some lore out there in regards to this property too! Cheers!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Gorgeous lobby, small rooms, parking a bit of a pain (we did not valet to save $10) , but lovely experience all around. We were in town for residency 2nd look event hosted by Univ of Cinci. Stayed on 25th floor, king bed, right off the elevators.

Room Tip: Looking @ the other reviews, get a corner room if you can (bigger)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NetherlandPlaza, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
January 30, 2013

B C

Dear B C:

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati!

Thank you too for your kind comments regarding your guestroom and the services you experienced during your stay. We will be sure to share your comments directly with the appropriate members of our team! Thank you too for sharing your comments regarding the self-parking option at Tower Place Garage. We regret that this was inconvenient.

We hope that you will consider Cincinnati and the University Hospital favorably. It is a great community to live in. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever your travel plans return you.

Managing Director

Been to Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza? Share your experiences!