I stayed at this hotel again, it is probably my third or fourth time over the past 3 years for various business trips. It is an amazingly beautiful hotel full of history! I had two nights here this time, and was greeted by a very friendly staff member at the front desk. They upgraded me for free to a larger room. Here is a breakdown of the pros and cons of this hotel.
Gorgeous, classic hotel - the lobby is beautiful and has a feeling of going back in time to a luxurious old fashioned hotel.
Valet parking - it's not cheap, unfortunately, but it certainly is easy and nice for a location in the city.
Cool location - the hotel is very close to Fountain Square and is within walking distance of a lot of bars, restaurants, and Cincinnati classics like Graeters ice cream.
Excellent, comfy Hilton beds that can't be beat.
Great gym - a full size, actual gym exists in the basement of the Carew Tower and all Hilton guests are welcome to use it. This gym has plenty of equipment and a pool.
Free business center for Hilton Hhonors members. This was very helpful for printing airline boarding passes.
No free Internet, it costs $9.95 a day to use (though you could use the business center Internet & computers for free if you wanted to).
The gym closes at 9pm, which is tough for me as I like to work out at night.
My hotel room had a constant sound of running water, like a neighbor was taking a shower or something, except that it was nonstop. It was odd but not too loud, I slept just fine without being bothered by the sound.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely. I do like this hotel, its historic design and its great location.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hilton
- Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 1931, this charter member of Historic Hotels of America features breathtaking French art deco throughout public space. Located in National Historic Landmark Carew Tower with shopping and dining including over 50 shops and dining options, including downtown's only food court. Renovated guestrooms feature Hilton Hotel's Serenity Bed. Connected to area businesses and convention center via skywalk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.