I stayed at the Hilton for three nights and what a treat! Built in 1931 this hotel has been lovingly maintained and its a treat to explore - especially the spectacular bar.
I was in Cincinnati on business and was assigned a corner room suite with wonderful tall windows. The carpet and curtains were a little tired and the decor was old fashioned but it was HUGE. There were two king-sized beds, a desk, sofa and TV and a lot of curiously unused extra space including an enormous walk-in closet. The bathroom was small and the water in the shower never really got hot enough for a bath but was fine for a shower.
The hotel was very quiet, the front desk staff were very nice and every room gets a US Today newspaper. I don't know if it was because I was in a suite but I got a free continental breakfast on the 16th floor everymorning, which a very comfortable place to relax before a busy day. Great views too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1. Opened in 1931, this updated National Historic Landmark and charter member of Historic Hotels of America is one of the world's finest examples of French art deco in existence. Located within Carew Tower with shops & restaurants and centrally located across from Fountain Square. Within four blocks of 90+ shops, restaurants, bars and attractions including Great American Ball Park and Paul Brown Stadium. One block from Duke Energy Convention Center and connected via skywalk. Renovated guestrooms feature mini fridge, safe, wifi access, flat-screen tvs with expanded high-definition programming, new seating, sound dampening blackout curtains and soft goods. Award-winning on-site dining including Forbes Four Star rated Orchids at Palm Court, named #7 Best Restaurant in the USA (OpenTable, 2014); casual dining in The Grille at Palm Court; relaxed fare, signature cocktails & private label microbrew in The Bar at Palm Court. Complimentary access to The Gym at Carew Tower, a 13,000 sq ft fitness facility located in hotel's lower level, with a pool, Jacuzzi, 10+ treadmills, 10+ ellipticals, free weights and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hilton
- Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Ohio