We arrived on a Saturday, 1 hour before check-in, and had to wait, guess - about 30 minutes - the lobby was thriving - weddings, meetings and etc. The check in staff were very nice, even though they were busy, they kept an eye on us and called us as soon as our room was ready. I just liked sitting in the lobby and relaxing and admiring the beauty of the hotel!! While waiting I found out that the restaurant in the hotel has been in many books and is very well known. We sat at the bar one night for a drink - so lovely - high ceilings and beautiful detailing - you can feel like you are going back in time!!
Must see the hall of mirrors - so cool for everybody, no matter you are 5, 35, or 65 - a divine room to hold events, the marble and carvings are royal. The hotel is great inside and out - great weekend stay. Famous guests include Winston Churchill, Elvis, Bing Crosby.
We checked out the fitness club and pool - a very large pool to be indoors, along with a large
whirlpool tub, sauna, and steam room. only word of caution - do not drink the bottled water in your room, unless you want to pay $3 a bottle!!
This hotel is a great sensory experience - take time to explore it while you are there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1. Opened in 1931, this updated National Historic Landmark and charter member of Historic Hotels of America is one of the world's finest examples of French art deco in existence. Located within Carew Tower with shops & restaurants and centrally located across from Fountain Square. Within four blocks of 90+ shops, restaurants, bars and attractions including Great American Ball Park and Paul Brown Stadium. One block from Duke Energy Convention Center and connected via skywalk. Renovated guestrooms feature mini fridge, safe, wifi access, flat-screen tvs with expanded high-definition programming, new seating, sound dampening blackout curtains and soft goods. Award-winning on-site dining including Forbes Four Star rated Orchids at Palm Court, named #7 Best Restaurant in the USA (OpenTable, 2014); casual dining in The Grille at Palm Court; relaxed fare, signature cocktails & private label microbrew in The Bar at Palm Court. Complimentary access to The Gym at Carew Tower, a 13,000 sq ft fitness facility located in hotel's lower level, with a pool, Jacuzzi, 10+ treadmills, 10+ ellipticals, free weights and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hilton
- Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Ohio