“Please Read before Staying Here !!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel Beechmont (Cincinnati East)

Motel Beechmont (Cincinnati East)
You added Motel Beechmont (Cincinnati East) to your Saves list
Motel Beechmont (Cincinnati East)
3960 Nine Mile Road, Cincinnati, OH 45255 (Formerly Motel 6 Cincinnati - Beechmont)   |
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT SAVE 5%
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Please Read before Staying Here !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

I left a review in July after staying at this motel and I feel responsible to now come and update it after being here a second time and very unhappy !! I had a pleasant stay in June and booked again for September. I reserved online and also called the motel to request the same room or one close to it in the back. I was told that was not a problem they would put me there. I drove 12 hours and was so exhausted and couldn't wait to get in a room. I pulled into the parking lot and immediately noticed tons of people hanging out, drinking and wandering around which gave me an uncomfortable feeling because most of them looked like homeless people !! I had to walk around a woman sitting on the ground drinking a beer directly in front of the lobby door ! The lobby was locked at 7pm and I had to go to a bulletproof check in with a tiny hole to speak to the employee and there is a huge sign that says No guns! At this point I was so upset ! The girl then tells me they only have one room left 101 which Iis directly next to the lobby and shares a wall with a tremendous washer and dryer , not to mention the 24/7 traffic of people and cars puling up to office/lobby. I told her I requested a back room and that I knew they were available because I drove by when I pulled in !! She said she was holding them !! I again said I REQUESTED ONE so why are you holding them for others? She was rude and said 101 is our cleanest room !! REALLY, your saying your other rooms aren't clean!! I just walked out. I now had to find a hotel and the two across the street are even worse. I went down the street and found the most beautiful hotel for a few dollars more and I was so happy there. I stayed for 2 weeks and it was like night and day compared to the motel beechmont.....what a dive that has become!! I was talking to a local sherriff I met and he told me that the homeless people are now actually living at Motel Beechmont and the police are there constantly!! Please Stay Anyplace but Motel Beechmont they are gross and scary !!

Room Tip: Don't ever stay here !!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wyandotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

The rooms are very clean, quiet and large. They are equipped with refrigs. The only thing missing was not enough outlets. I have a Cpap to plug in and had to run an extention cord to an outlet since there were none by the beds. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

Just stayed at this motel over the weekend. And will NOT stay again.

I read that this motel was being upgraded, if this is upgraded I would be afraid to see it before. First I checked in and was given room 106 I turned on the a/c and it was extremely loud. Every twenty seconds it would get louder. I recorded the sound and went back to the front desk and asked for it to be fixed or another room. The lady behind the desk had to call the manager to ask if I could be moved into another room. She moved me into room 104 and I turned on the a/c unit while it was better it was still very noisy. If I pushed on the side of the unit it would quiet down. I went back down to the lobby and talked to the same woman who suggested I unplug it since there weren't any other rooms available. (when I looked out the window that night there were three cars in the parking lot) I unplugged it and waited for the a/c to reset, which it did eventually cool but it still was noisy. I had to take the cover off and shove a clothes pin between the filter and the unit to get the vibration to stop.

The pillows were two different sizes, the pillow cases were in side out, the soap is literally a sliver, thankfully I don't care about the soap I carry my own. The carpet looked as if it was vacuumed but not well. Then came the rest of the problems.

The toilet decided to back up on us on the first use! I called the front desk, on the phone that was missing the surround piece that tells you how to dial out. The original woman picked up the phone I explained that we needed maintenance because the toilet backed up. I was told that maintenance leaves at 5:00 and it was around 6 when I called. I said ok, then send the manager. He was gone to. The lady the at the desk said that because she was the only one on duty she couldn't leave to bring us a plunger but we could go get it. We did.

Before all of this I had attempted to find other accommodations but for some reason everything in the area was booked solid.

The next day we left at 7:30 in the morning for a craft show. We arrived back to the room somewhere between 6:30-7 pm. The room had not been cleaned. I had to go down to the lobby again and request towels. It was 7:00 and the front door to the hotel was locked. I had to wait by the night registration for the same woman from the night before to come to the window. When I asked for towels she said that was the last two she had. I said "maybe if your cleaning people had actually cleaned the rooms you might have towels." She said oh, they didn't clean your room, were you out of it? Yes, all day. She apologized and said it would be clean tomorrow. I said I would hope so, especially since we are checking and it doesn't do us any good.

The towels in the place are of lower quality then Motel 6. The sheets and the towels look like they don't bleach them enough. The mattresses are OLD you can see the strings and threads wearing on the mattress sides.

The only upgrades to this place are the flat screen tv and the push button light switches,

I feel like charging the motel for HVAC services, plumbing services, and maid services since I had to take care of all of it.

To give you an idea of the area, someone walked by the room and I heard them say "I told you not to stay here man, this is not the best side of town."

Single rate 50-55.00 a night. Double 67.55.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
london,ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Nothing extraordinary about it. Stayed twice on way to/from Pigeon Forge form Ontario. Refrigerator in room, but no microwave - one in lobby area that we used. Towels need upgrading. Otherwise clean and adequate. Did not use pool, but it looked good and others did.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

When we checked out of Motel 6 in Florence, KY, we made a beeline to this motel. The motel is fully pet-friendly, asking for a modest $10/night fee. And while the rate isn't rock-bottom low, it wasn't too bad, either. All of the beds (if I understood correctly) are queens, and you have the choice of 1 or two. Because the motel looked so small from the expressway - 5 buildings scattered throughout the premises - I was expecting a small room. When I opened up the door, I was pleasantly surprised to see a very spacious, very clean room!

The motel has recently upgraded all of their rooms to HD flat screens. The TV is mounted above a long desk/dresser/shelf combo system, that is perfect for storing odds and ends, and setting up a laptop. The room also came with a small square table, which was nice, since normally one of the two of us is sitting on the bed with their laptop, as most places only ever have one desk.

The bathroom was relatively small, and there was very little wiggle room in the shower. But the sink area of the bathroom was spacious, and there was also a nice separate area with a garment rack and luggage rack.

The AC was phenomenal, MUCH appreciated after our dismal experiences elsewhere!

While the room came with a fridge, there wasn't a microwave or coffee pot... the only two things missing that would've made this a top rating for me. It will definitely be a motel I suggest to guests who might come to the area to visit us in our new apartment.

The only other downside, that I won't hold against the hotel, was when I asked for a slightly-later-than-standard late checkout. We were due to sign our apartment lease at 1pm, and while I knew I could lock my cat in the car (with the AC running of course!) while we did that, I also knew that I wanted to limit the time he had to spend in the car, since he doesn't handle car trips at ALL well. I'd asked for a 12:30 or 1:00 late checkout, and even suggested that I could strip the bed and pull the trash if it would make things easier on the housekeeping staff. Unfortunately, the best they could do was 12:00, which left me driving around with my cat in the car for nearly an hour before our lease signing. I would've even gladly paid $10 or $20 extra for just 45 minutes more time. Like I said, though, I won't hold it against the hotel, but perhaps this could be feedback for the hotel managers to consider situations on a case-by-case basis, and perhaps come up with a half-day rate for those of us who might need it. If the hotel had been at all busy, I wouldn't have bothered, but there were very few of us there.

Altogether, on the rare chance we need to leave our apartment and stay in a motel in the area, I'll definitely come back. And it will certainly be on the list of suggested places for friends and family in the future.

Room Tip: My non-smoking room was in the furthest building - building 5 - and we didn't detect any express...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Liberty, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Check in was hassle free. Nice room. We stayed two nights and room servive was quick and thorough.the pool was nice. We will stay again when going to a riverbend concert,cincinnati, or Newport just minutes away.

• Stayed July 2014
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Its been my experience in life that you generally get what you pay for. Based on that premise, I wasn't expecting much. But, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into a clean, comfortable room. The motel wasn't busy the nights I was there, so I don't know if its always the same, but it was nice and quiet while we were there.

The room was large, had a new HD TV, refrigerator, table & chairs, etc. We brought our own coffee pot. For a long stay, a microwave would be nice, but as I said, you generally get what you pay for.

The towels were old and worn out - not very absorbant anymore. I'd like to see them invest in he soft towels even if it meant charging a little more for the room.

We'll be staying here every time we visit the area.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker, please don't rent a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Motel Beechmont (Cincinnati East)? Share your experiences!