“Bugs...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel Beechmont (Cincinnati East)

Motel Beechmont (Cincinnati East)
You added Motel Beechmont (Cincinnati East) to your Saves list
Motel Beechmont (Cincinnati East)
3960 Nine Mile Road, Cincinnati, OH 45255 (Formerly Motel 6 Cincinnati - Beechmont)   |
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT SAVE 5%
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
“Bugs...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Upon entering my room I turned down the bed spread to see a roach crawling across the sheets. The staff was very polite and refunded my money explaining they were under new owners and trying to exterminate the problem. Just ask to see the room first.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Middletown, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

to make a long story short. WE stayed at this hotel as it was pretty late and we just wanted to sleep. Motel 6 was only about $40.because of all of the issues with bedbugs in the city I just checked out of habit and wouldnt you know it....bed bugs. They gave us another room which we checked and found it to have non but I was unable to sleep. So we just ended up leaving and driving ourselves home through the night. I know you can get bed bug and even the big name popular/expensive hotels. This is just a warning folks to check where you sleep and take precautions.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

The worst motel experience I've ever had. Location is scary, there's an abandoned Hooters next door and the entire area looks neglected You don't feel safe here at all. Seem to be lots of "residents" hanging around outside. Mattress had no padding at all, 2 pillows that were about the thickness of a slice of bread. Absolutely filthy carpet. Wrinkled up and bumpy, and white stuff crusted on it. Didn't walk on it without shoes/socks on. I was awakened 5 times by noise! 3 different times by some man standing outside my room screaming at someone! There was also a large group of bikers there, and you heard the motorcycles coming and going all night (I'm talking about 3,4,5 am.... and they're still coming and going!). I went to the office the next morning, I wasn't about to stay there a second night. The front desk clerk never even asked why I wanted a refund for my second night, or what the problem was. You have to fill out a small form asking for a reason why, and even then she didn't apologize or see if there was anything that could be done to fix the situation. Really, after you see this place you get the feeling they get ALOT of customers checking out early, or just not staying here at all! Horrible experience. ( Also, the charge is still pending at my bank, and I have yet to see a corrected amount.) Go to the other side of 275 at this exit, there's a Red Roof, Days Inn, Best Western, etc. over there... along with numerous restaurants, etc. and just an entirely different feeling. If you're going to Riverbend, Riverdowns, Coney Island, etc., this is a very convenient exit... just don't choose the Motel 6. Sleep in your car before you pick this place.

Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
western WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

Our kids sports team stayed here for a week for their national tournament. We had ten rooms for kids, parents and coaches.

We made reservations by phone secured by a credit card. That didn't really mean anything, we found out when we arrived, as they operate on a paid basis. We asked for rooms with refrigerators, microwaves and internet access, of which there are only a few on the property. We only got one room with internet access and no other amenities in any room. We asked for non smoking rooms and many of them had obviously been smoked in recently. In the future, I'd go ahead and pay for the rooms in advance to get the best rooms.

We paid $230 per room for a week. Some people arrived early and left early to catch a flight, and ended up getting quite a bit refunded, so it worked out even cheaper. We had to raise money by fundraising to pay for it all, so that was appreciated.

The hotel is all on one level with doors facing the parking lots in something like an extended H shape. There are six buildings all together with rooms on both sides of each building. The first night, we were scattered all over the complex. The second night, we were able to get everyone in one area of the parking lot. There were some areas with a lot of partying going on at night.

We were checked in to one room that was still occupied, but this was corrected quickly.

The rooms were plain but serviceable. The towels were replaced daily. The sheets were not replaced daily unless requested. The carpet was not threadbare but it was plain and pretty old. The rooms were in good repair, and decent in size. They claimed to have queen size beds, but the beds were full sized.

There was a pool that was in good shape. There was a laundry for guest use. The ice maker pumped out a lot of ice, which we used up several times.

For the price, we would be willing to stay here again for a team trip. Personally, I'd rather stay somewhere better if money allowed.

• Liked — It was close to the event we had to attend and the price was right.
  • Disliked — Not getting the things we asked for: a block of rooms together that had not been smoked in with the amenities we requested.
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lexington, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

i reserved a non smoking room and was given a room that really smelled like someone had been smoking there for a long time. The room was dirty and I found hairs in some of the towels. I was unable to change rooms because they were full and I was unable to go to another hotel. Even thought the rooms wer cheap, I still expect it to be clean. In the future, I will spend an extra $20 or so for a clean room.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleaniless
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2006

I stay here when I visit Cincy. Rooms are about $33/night with AARP discount, 15 min from downtown. Located in a safe part of town, unlike some 6's. Beechmont has every restaurant chain available. The rooms are typically spartan, but I've never been put off or disgusted. If you're light on cash, this is it.

• Stayed September 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2005

This motel offered a low-budget option when I was looking for a place to stay the night before a big road trip. It was only $39/night at the time. I guess if all you're looking for is a cheap place to stay for the night, it's ok. The room was a bit musty and outdated. The carpet was old and the furniture wasn't very comfortable. They do not supply any toiletries and had very limited channels to surf on the TV. There was no internet connectivity in the rooms.

On the bright side, it was in a good location, close to various shopping outlets and restaurants on Beechmont Ave. It also had very easy access to I-275 which made it ideal for a quick night's rest if you're driving through.

• Stayed December 2004

Been to Motel Beechmont (Cincinnati East)? Share your experiences!