“Super friendly and accomodating” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Girard, Ohio
“Super friendly and accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I just got married last week and my wife and I used the Holiday Inn Express to reserve a block of rooms for our guests coming from out of town. The staff was super helpful in arranging all this and even went the extra mile and helped pass out welcome bags to our guests as they checked in. The price for the rooms at this hotel is super reasonable and the location is right off the highway and was easy access to all the events around our wedding.

All of our out of town guests were impressed by the cleanliness and size of their rooms and they were very happy with the breakfast provided by the hotel.

If this wasn't enough- our original plans for our wedding night fell through and we had to reserve a last minute room to stay in. The staff was very helpful in making sure that all of our needs were catered to and we could not be happier with our experience working with the Holiday Inn Express, Cincinnati West location.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Kurt,

Once again, Congratulations from the Staff and Management here at the Holiday Inn Express - Cincinnati West on your recent nuptials to your beautiful bride. We wish you many years filled with love and happiness.

It was our pleasure to be your guests home away from home and we are pleased that they enjoyed their time here in Cincinnati.

Before we know it, the Holiday Season will be upon us. We look forward to hosting any out of town guests that may be visiting!

Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Loved you guys so much! You took care of our team with incredible care...Mary, thank you so much for ALL you did for us...you're wonderful! You were there so early in the a.m. and still hosing off the brickwork at the entrance near midnight...I know this place has a heartbeat because of you! Ken and Diane, thanks for all you did to make sure our team could stay together (on an incredibly busy weekend when the hotel we had booked 12 rooms at for 4 nights lost power and we couldn't stay at)!!! Breakfast was great and the rooms were cleaned so quickly!!! Good size room and the fridg and microwave were necessary for us! Nothing negative to even think of, except wish we would have had time for the team to enjoy that beautiful outdoor pool! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I actually liked the AC sound to drown out any outdoor sounds from the hallway...had the fan on by i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Tamara,

Thanks for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West. It was our pleasure to be the "Dirtbags" home away from home during your recent games being played here in the Cincinnati area. All of the staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West tries to make each interaction with each guest count. I have passed along your comments to the entire staff here with my added thanks. Each of us look forward to hosting the "Dirtbags" again when the need arises.

Kindest regards,
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I have stayed her many times in the last five years while visiting family. It has indeed become our home away from home. All the staff are so helpful and friendly especially Ken and Donna. We are always greeted like old friends. It is clean and comfortable and quiet. Breakfast is the best we have had at any other hotel across the country. Our only complaint would be the internet set up which has various flaws. But that is a very small minus with all the other pluses.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pattycake73

Thanks for your review. It is our pleasure to be your home away from home during your travels to the Cincinnati Area. I have passed along your comments to Donna with my added thanks for making you feel like you are part of the family here. All of us here look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,
Any Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had a very large group staying here for a long weekend. Wedding in town. Everyone on staff, from the front desk to housekeeping to breakfast area...they were all extremely friendly and helpful the whole time we were there. We were able to use the breakfast room any time we wanted as a "hospitality room" and it worked out just perfectly. The rooms were fine, the beds very comfortable.
I have to say the air conditioners were my main complaint. They cycled off and on all night, very loudly too, keeping me from getting a good nights sleep. (other rooms had similar complaints) We had to have a cool room, so we could not turn it off at night. Also our mini-fridge seemed to stop working after the 2nd day. Other than those two things...the room was nice. Large enough and comfortable. The free breakfast was perfect, filling, and a big hit with our group.
We have stayed here a few times before and will again, as well as recommending it to others. I just hope they get the AC noise fixed.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are for people with pets. Top floor has very nice large King rooms. All rooms and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is a perfectly pleasant hotel in a nice location with a good breakfast and excellent staff. Like many of the Holiday Inns I've stayed at recently, their AC is ridiculously loud (I had to turn it off to sleep and I'm not a light sleeper). The main reason for my review is the cost. It was ca. $125 a night to stay there with a AAA discount, and I have a hard time with that for just a one-night stop on a cross-country drive. The La Quinta I stayed at the next day was almost as nice and half the price, and it, too, was in a "major" city. Because of the price and, especially, AC noise, I'd probably look somewhere else in Cincinnati, although it's too bad because otherwise this is a lovely place with very nice and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have sliding glass doors onto grass, which are perfect for folks traveling with d...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear wanderingCalifornian,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is pleasing to know that our location, breakfast and staff service worked suitably for your needs. But, please do accept our sincere apology for the room rate and the noise which the air conditioning unit have caused you. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hockessin, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff at this hotel is extraordinarily friendly and accomodating. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and wonderful. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The bed was very comfortable and our room was quiet.

On the negative side, it was a bit pricey. Also, the pillows (to include those labled as "firm"), were very soft.

I would probably stay here again if visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Bob B,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review the Holiday Inn Express - Cincinnati West. It was our pleasure to be your home away from home during your recent travels to the area. We are glad you were able to enjoy our hot Express Start Breakfast and your room was to your liking. Thank you also to bring us aware of the softness of our pillows, our Housekeeping Department is reviewing the pillows in each of our rooms to ensure future guests do not experience the same problem.

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

If you are traveling and need a hotel in this particular area this is the only hotel I saw the whole time I was there. We were there for a tournament and the hotel was full because it was the only place to stay where the tournament was located at Western Bowl. I was not unhappy with the hotel in general but thought for what I got it was a bit expensive. I heard rates were higher because of the demand that weekend.The negative was the TV remote was broke and so they had to fix that, and I could not keep a internet connection. I only needed it for entertainment not business so not a big deal just inconvienent. The breakfast is one of the best ones I have had, actually had hot food. Eggs with cheese, Sausage and gravy. There was enough to choose from. I paid $125.00(includes tax) and if the internet was working properly I might not be as critical, or if there was a iniside pool it would have been better. There is no restaurant or bar but there is a Meijers across the street and a food/bar place called Buckheads that was inexpensive and a great atmoshere (for families as well) if you don't want to travel far. Only because of location would I stay here again for the money. The staff was very friendly and willing to help,which is a big plus and the rooms were clean, beds are comfortable and I slept very well.

Room Tip: There are rooms that connect to others if you are traveling with families that want to socialize. I...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Cateyes C,

Thank you for your review. The Staff and I hope you enjoyed your time here in Cincinnati while attending the Hoinke Bearcat Classic and that we were able to correct the problem with your remote control. I wish we were brought aware of the internet problems you were experiencing so we could troubleshoot and correct the issues. Each of us here at the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West look forward to serving you again in the future!

Ken Broering, General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West? Share your experiences!