“Our home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Rochester, New York
“Our home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I have stayed her many times in the last five years while visiting family. It has indeed become our home away from home. All the staff are so helpful and friendly especially Ken and Donna. We are always greeted like old friends. It is clean and comfortable and quiet. Breakfast is the best we have had at any other hotel across the country. Our only complaint would be the internet set up which has various flaws. But that is a very small minus with all the other pluses.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Pattycake73

Thanks for your review. It is our pleasure to be your home away from home during your travels to the Cincinnati Area. I have passed along your comments to Donna with my added thanks for making you feel like you are part of the family here. All of us here look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,
Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Any Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had a very large group staying here for a long weekend. Wedding in town. Everyone on staff, from the front desk to housekeeping to breakfast area...they were all extremely friendly and helpful the whole time we were there. We were able to use the breakfast room any time we wanted as a "hospitality room" and it worked out just perfectly. The rooms were fine, the beds very comfortable.
I have to say the air conditioners were my main complaint. They cycled off and on all night, very loudly too, keeping me from getting a good nights sleep. (other rooms had similar complaints) We had to have a cool room, so we could not turn it off at night. Also our mini-fridge seemed to stop working after the 2nd day. Other than those two things...the room was nice. Large enough and comfortable. The free breakfast was perfect, filling, and a big hit with our group.
We have stayed here a few times before and will again, as well as recommending it to others. I just hope they get the AC noise fixed.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are for people with pets. Top floor has very nice large King rooms. All rooms and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is a perfectly pleasant hotel in a nice location with a good breakfast and excellent staff. Like many of the Holiday Inns I've stayed at recently, their AC is ridiculously loud (I had to turn it off to sleep and I'm not a light sleeper). The main reason for my review is the cost. It was ca. $125 a night to stay there with a AAA discount, and I have a hard time with that for just a one-night stop on a cross-country drive. The La Quinta I stayed at the next day was almost as nice and half the price, and it, too, was in a "major" city. Because of the price and, especially, AC noise, I'd probably look somewhere else in Cincinnati, although it's too bad because otherwise this is a lovely place with very nice and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have sliding glass doors onto grass, which are perfect for folks traveling with d...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear wanderingCalifornian,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is pleasing to know that our location, breakfast and staff service worked suitably for your needs. But, please do accept our sincere apology for the room rate and the noise which the air conditioning unit have caused you. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hockessin, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff at this hotel is extraordinarily friendly and accomodating. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and wonderful. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The bed was very comfortable and our room was quiet.

On the negative side, it was a bit pricey. Also, the pillows (to include those labled as "firm"), were very soft.

I would probably stay here again if visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Bob B,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review the Holiday Inn Express - Cincinnati West. It was our pleasure to be your home away from home during your recent travels to the area. We are glad you were able to enjoy our hot Express Start Breakfast and your room was to your liking. Thank you also to bring us aware of the softness of our pillows, our Housekeeping Department is reviewing the pillows in each of our rooms to ensure future guests do not experience the same problem.

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

If you are traveling and need a hotel in this particular area this is the only hotel I saw the whole time I was there. We were there for a tournament and the hotel was full because it was the only place to stay where the tournament was located at Western Bowl. I was not unhappy with the hotel in general but thought for what I got it was a bit expensive. I heard rates were higher because of the demand that weekend.The negative was the TV remote was broke and so they had to fix that, and I could not keep a internet connection. I only needed it for entertainment not business so not a big deal just inconvienent. The breakfast is one of the best ones I have had, actually had hot food. Eggs with cheese, Sausage and gravy. There was enough to choose from. I paid $125.00(includes tax) and if the internet was working properly I might not be as critical, or if there was a iniside pool it would have been better. There is no restaurant or bar but there is a Meijers across the street and a food/bar place called Buckheads that was inexpensive and a great atmoshere (for families as well) if you don't want to travel far. Only because of location would I stay here again for the money. The staff was very friendly and willing to help,which is a big plus and the rooms were clean, beds are comfortable and I slept very well.

Room Tip: There are rooms that connect to others if you are traveling with families that want to socialize. I...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Cateyes C,

Thank you for your review. The Staff and I hope you enjoyed your time here in Cincinnati while attending the Hoinke Bearcat Classic and that we were able to correct the problem with your remote control. I wish we were brought aware of the internet problems you were experiencing so we could troubleshoot and correct the issues. Each of us here at the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West look forward to serving you again in the future!

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while on a long road trip home. We had to find a hotel that excepted pets, and this was our choice due to the reviews. It was in a great location and very convenient from the highway. We arrived late in the evening, and the staff who greeted us was very friendly and accomodating. We were recognized as Platinum Members and offered the standard member gift bag. For whatever reason, we were upgraded to the suite, but this was done before we arrived at the hotel...maybe they were full? We weren't complaining, it was very nice, very clean and very spacious. It made for a nice restful night in preparation for another long day's drive :). We left very early in the morning, so we didn't get to try the breakfast. We would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear LvngOnEdgeofAmer,

Thank you for your post and for being and for being an IHG Rewards Platinum Member. The staff & I are pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West during your recent travels. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations are your feed back is important to us. All of us here look forward to serving you again in the future!

Ken Broering
Sunbury, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My company sent me on a last minute business trip & had not booked a room. I choose this place cause it was close to my destination & glad I did. Very friendly staff & the room was clean & comfortable. Nice breakfast area. If I ever have to travel this way again, this will be my first choice to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
broerik0, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Kelly,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West as your last minute find and for providing feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting you again if the need arises.

Kindest regards,

Ken Broering

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West? Share your experiences!