“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Durham, NC
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here a night for a Reds game and the location was good. The stadium was a few blocks from the hotel and there was a ton to do by the stadiums. The hotel was nice, the room seemed updated but there was a stain on the floor. The bed was comfortable. The hotel was busy but the service was good. I had originally booked two nights, but my plans had changed. I had called the night before to adjust the stay, however I did not realize the price of the room would jump almost $200 for one night. Did not realize this until I received my statement via e-mail. So my perceived value of this stay was diminished. (I did not address with Hyatt). There was a fridge/cooler in the room which is always nice and the parking was not too outrageous ($28).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We apologize for not giving you the price change over the phone. We're pleased that you were able to enjoy the Reds game and the nearby attractions in Cincinnati. If there's any more we could've done to make your stay more comfortable, please feel free to contact us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pittsburgh
1,190 helpful votes 1,190 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed here one night so that we could catch the Zinzinnati Oktoberfest. We only wish we had stayed longer.

When I made the reservation I applied for a $70 upgrade to a suite, if available at the time of check-in. It was the first time that I had seen that option available for Hyatt. We showed up around 1:00 pm and were told that we could upgrade. Best $70 I've spent at a hotel in a long time. The suite was huge - not quite a Presidential suite but pretty close. It was immaculate and very large.

While the suite was the highlight of our stay everything else was very impressive. Check-in went smoothly, the bar/restaurant was very good and we didn't have to wait for our car from the valet.
We'll definitely stay here again the next time we visit Cincinnati.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you kindly for the 5 stars, Jeff! We were happy to upgrade you to a suite for Zinzinnati Oktoberfest. Sounds like your stay was very comfortable and we hope to see you in Cincinnati again soon!
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days during a business meeting. The hotel located in convenient downtown location with Macy's across the street and several eating option around the Fountain Square. But then there are lots of hotels in the same place including Hilton and WestIn, which sort of helps because Hyatt understands its dealing with tough competition.

The hotel's lobby is usually a chaos but that's expected in a hotel at downtown with so many guests and guest of guests. There is a Starbucks located inside but I never had a chance to visit it and hence can't comment if it was as good as regular Starbucks. The hotel rooms are quiet be it thr 5th floor or the 22nd (but some rooms, including mine, have pathetic view...but I didn't care much since days were usually always spent in office).

This is one of the rare hotel which actually has the toiletries that you would feel like using and hence for once I didn't take out the usual lotions, shampoos and conditioners I carry in my bag while travelling. They even provide you other stuff like toothpaste, razor, etc as complimentary items on request.

There are two bad deal breaker for this hotel though; the internet connection which refused to open regular pages (including facebook social network) even when I was on the high speed premium connection (which I get in company deal but otherwise is charged about 10 bucks). The other let down was the cable connection...the number of channels are way too limited (even lesser than the usual long stay hotels) and there is no HD...the quality of SD actually was bad with lines and shaking screen appearing all over the place...All in all, two things that keep me awake in night (television and internet) were kept away from me for 3 days which ensured that I caught on my long sleeping hours..

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for writing such a detailed review on your stay with us! We take all our reviews seriously and you'll be happy to hear that our cable is being updated with new channels and service as we type this response. Internet is also going to be updated with faster and more reliable speeds.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here while in town for the Bengals game. Very clean, nice staff, restaurant was nice with a good selection of items. Hotel was in a great location near the convention center and ball fields. We also got to visit their Octoberfest which was just a few blocks from hotel. You can always find at least 2 taxis waiting across the street. And we didnt feel ripped off by anyone which was a nice thing! However the hotel gift shop is pretty expensive. But that is what comes with staying at a top hotel. Next time we are in town for a ballgame we are staying here!!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Karen, we appreciate you taking time out to review your stay! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with the Bengals game and the extra perk of Oktoberfest Zinzinnati happening on the same weekend. We look forward to having you again!
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Three months ago we booked the two bedroom 'VIP" suite for a family wedding through Centurion services. When we arrived, they had sold the second attached room and so my husband and I slept in two doubles (not queens) and my son slept on the couch in the living room. We called AMEX and the manager told him that they were oversold and needed more rooms for other guests. Do not count on this hotel to hold your reservations. The place is old, worn out, and not very clean. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Whitehouse, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hyatt Cincinnati is a very nice place to stay. Very close to Paul Brown Stadium and right in downtown. Comfortable room b and befs. Veryb v lean and up to date. Was surprised to have to deal we it a 1200 watt hairdryer and the extra time needed to dry hair in such a highly rated hotel. But other than that it was great!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, Laurie! We, too, love how close we are to the Paul Brown Stadium. We are happy to hear that you had such a comfortable stay and hope to see you at the next Bengals game!
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very convenient place to stay for a Bengal or Reds game. It is an easy walk to either stadium. You don't have to worry about parking or traffic.it is also cross the street from the Convention Center. Lots of restaurants within walking distance downtown or by the riverfront.

Rooms are clean, but pretty ordinary. Wish I knew I could self park for $14 instead of valet for $28 per night. I think they are understaffed at the valet. Cars get stacked up and once it took 25 minutes to get my car, when they told me 10 to 15 minutes.

Free wifi for Hyatt Gold members, but not that fast.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review, Leslie. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for the backed up valet service and thank you for your patience. The Reds & Bengals stadiums are so close and we welcome fans near and far.

Been to Hyatt Regency Cincinnati? Share your experiences!