The Hyatt lobby is very nice, its check in process very nice and straight forward. The room was fairly up-to-date, the bed and pillows comfortable, the air-conditioning on the quiet side, quiet enough that it doesn't wake you up in the middle of the night, but loud enough to know it's on.
Elevators are good with short waits. The bed to me was very comfortable with a large selection of pillows. Lots of places to plug in. Good laundry service (no onsite laundry, typical of higher end hotels). Room service was timely with hot food and prices were not over the top. Maid service was timely. Bathroom was acceptable. The toilet flushed and the shower pressure was barely acceptable. I didn't hear much noise around my room, though the door to the hallway seems paper thin. For my room, they try to abate the noise by putting the bed behind a wall, with reasonable success. As well, the breakfast buffet was very good. Parking, if you self-park is $15/day (connected via Skywalk) and i am betting there are cheaper options around.
The hotel location on the west side of downtown is good. You are two blocks from Fountain Square and about 10 minutes from Great American. Restaurant choices are very good. You are safe.
Those are the pluses. You get a good room, comfortable bed, and decent experience. Staff are friendly and pleasant to me. The breakfast buffet was very good and service within the Red Rooster was also excellent.
Terrible SD (but flat screen) TV with very limited channel selection. Lots of sports, lots of news, and the networks, and very little else. No menu for movie channels. Move to HD please especially if you going to have flat-screen.
Limited room service and on-site food options. The room service menu was small as was the Red Rooster's menu. Dinner featured 5-6 mains and a few starters. With a full kitchen, the chef could add more dishes that prevent me from searching out variety in surrounding restaurants.
The coffee in the downstairs restaurant was very strong and bordering on terrible. This is a very minor and fixable transgression. The coffee in the coffee shop on the other hand was very good.
The wireless (standard or premier) is very very slow to the point of being unusable at times. For a business traveler, it is unacceptably slow.
So overall, the hotel can be improved in many ways. Fix the TV, the Internet, and improve the room service offerings and you have a solid business class contender that would keep me coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 22 story contemporary Hyatt with the best service in Cincinnati by our highly trained staff! Onsite there are 2 restaurants, Findlay’s breakfast restaurant and Champ’s Restaurant and Sports Bar there’s something for everyone or dine from the comfort of your room with our In Room Dining. Cardio room overlooking the indoor pool and strength training room on 5th floor. 24HR Business Center, WiFi access. Print boarding pass or check-in at our kiosks or via web. Valet or Self Park off 5th St. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and TIG Global so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Cincinnati
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati Ohio