“Nicely Located” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Cincinnati

You added Hyatt Regency Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
New York City, New York
“Nicely Located”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great location with a Saks conveniently attached - these things matter. I was fortunate to be located on a high floor (20th) with a river view. Room was appointed with the appropriately located outlets for all my devices - next to bedside. TV was angled oddly, but workable. Bathroom was appointed with shower curtain (ding for that), but the water pressure was good. Check-in/out was quick and professional. Staff throughout helpful and friendly. Good business hotel.

Nothing to complain about, nothing to rave about.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for the review, we appreciate the feedback and the compliments on our staff's service. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the Saks that's attached to our location and hope to see you at your next business trip into Cincinnati!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed in room 1803 for two nights and after two days of misery discovered that the room's air filter was covered with dirt and what appeared to be mold. When I woke up the first morning my throat was burning, and by the second morning my neck, ears and throat all felt like they were on fire. My roommate suspected the air in the room was the culprit (she and a friend staying in another room were having similar symptoms) and found the air filter which appeared quite dangerously dirty. Unfortunately after a visit with the front desk and a phone call with a "manager" I was offered only a "we will get back to you once the engineers evaluate the situation" even when I politely explained that as a matter of customer service when a filter that dirty is found, even if the guest has no apparent problems, they might want to offer an apology. Not even a polite, "I'm so sorry, we will look into it." I travel for work at least once or twice a month and I've never ever given a negative review before, but others need to know that not only does this Hyatt have a potentially dangerous situation but they are lacking in basic customer service skills whether I'm suffering from the dirty air filter or simply a cold.

• Stayed August 2014
Beaconsfield, Bucks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Two night stay on business - lovely facility and nice downtown location, within easy walk of restaurants and the music events in the town square.
Reception - on arrival late in evening (11pm-ish) the only desk clerk on duty spent 5 minutes trying to find another guest a toothbrush (or something) and didn't even acknowledge that I was waiting in the queue. Found that a bit rude.
Breakfast - very grumpy waiter serving with no explanation of what was available. It was OK - nothing startling.
Room - room was actually quite comfortable, I liked it. But - it wasn't serviced on my first day. I mentioned this to desk clerk on way out to dinner, and was assured it would be cleaned. It wasn't. I phoned down again after returning from dinner to ask what was happening - desk clerk didn't know, so I said to forget it, I was going to bed. 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door and a maid offered to clean my room. At 9.30pm. I declined.
Next morning I was due to make some business calls - but the phone on the desk wasn't working. So again I reported it to the front desk and asked if it could be fixed by 10am so I could make those calls and was told someone would have a look at it whilst I was at breakfast. They didn't. Eventually the duty manager came up when I contacted the desk again - she couldn't fix it so we jury-rigged the bedside phone to reach to the desk. She was very helpful.
I wanted to like it, as the hotel looked so good. But the service levels need some attention in order for it to match service with facility.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing us for your stay and we apologize for not meeting your expectations in service. Your presence at the front desk, room cleanliness, and phone should have all been addressed promptly and cordially. We have passed on your feedback to the appropriate departments and hope we can make your next stay better.
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed mid week for one night. Room immaculate and large. Bed quite comfortable. In room safe and lighted closet. Large bathroom. AC easy to regulate. Front Desk staff professional, friendly and easy going. WiFi is free and sometimes balky in the room. Only negative was incredibly poor service in RR Bar during late hours. Ordered a chip dish, two beers and an ice tea for three people. Took forever to receive the beverages and the order was incorrect. Appetizer showed up twenty minutes later after waiter stopped conversing with a fellow wait staffer. Place was not busy and was adequately staffed around 10 PM. They need some serious training.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our room and front desk staff. Red Roost should've been more attentive to your needs and we apologize that wasn't the case. We've passed on your review to the restaurant manager.
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

When I had booked my stay the hotel manager assured us that all renovations were going to be completed before our arrival. FALSE!! The lobby was a shambles, only 1 elavator worked and the hotel bar was closed. The room was not clean when we checked in so they re-aasigned us another, fine no problem there. We get into our new digs, had a great view of the roof and a/c units. TV did not work. Called for someone to repair, that took an hour then when it did get fixed the power went out. Funny how it was only our room that was affected. That took quite some time to get fixed. The maintenance staff was very nice and you could tell they were doing their best under seemingly very difficult conditions. Clearly we were not the only ones with room problems. This is a brand problem not a staff problem. Hyatt should have had the proper amount of people on staff to serve its customers. This is the second time I've stayed at this location and whether under renovation or not both stays were attrocious. I have returned my Hyatt card, I will never stay at another Hyatt location EVER! I've tried a dozen different ones and am always dissapointed. From now on its the Hilton or nothing! We had a business function for about 500 people and the bar was set up on wheels with only 2 bartenders for both bars on wheels. It literally took 45 minutes to get a drink and people were auctioning off spots closer to the front of the line. Seems to me that when you know how many people are going to occupy a space in a hotel, you staff it properly. No comps for any inconvenience! Not even the slow wifi at 19.95 per day! I<m done. Never again!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Brilliantly located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati this hotel is staffed by friendly, helpful staff who seemed to take a real pleasure in helping guests.

The decor was light and airy, the rooms perfectly large, and the gym was great.

I actually ended up here as many other hotels were fully booked as there was a big convention in town, but I left thinking this is where I will always stay in future in Cincinnati.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We're so glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by your stay and were able to take advantage of our gym. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and hope we excel at that again for your next stay with us!
Midwest USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency July 19 -21. Exceptional service, friendly staff, quiet, just what I was hoping for. Staff went above and beyond to make sure my stay was a good one. Shout out to all the great folks at the Hyatt Regency who did just that. THANK YOU!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your glowing review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay a few weeks ago and will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff!

Been to Hyatt Regency Cincinnati? Share your experiences!