“Elegate, Urban and Trendy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 47 hotels in Cincinnati
Bronson, Michigan
“Elegate, Urban and Trendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If those buzz words are what you look for, you'll love the Hyatt Regency in Cincinnati. My husband and I visited for the Professional Bowhunters Society Banquet. It was a lovely venue for the banquet. It's smack in the middle of a very trendy and cultural downtown area. Lots to do and see within walking distance. To enjoy this hotel you need to enjoy walking. Driving is a nightmare and parking is VERY, VERY expensive and hard to find.
The staff was helpful, friendly and efficent. The room was suberb and spotless, comfortable and elegant. Rooms are very quiet and no hallway noise.
Food for the banquet and at the Market restaurant was urban trendy (organic, vegetarian choices) but not very tasty.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The Hyatt hosted a convention my husband was attending. The dog and I tagged along. The Hyatt is located next door to the Duke Energy convention center and 2 blocks from Fountain Square. The parking sucks. Valet at the Hyatt for $28/day or one of the underground garages for a lot less. You just have to fine them. As an out-of-Towner, it's not always easy. They allow dogs for a $100 fee and I'm pretty sure all the dog people were on the 6th floor. Lobby is airy and open. Rooms are adequate and clean with a mini fridge. I do wish there was a microwave. It was quiet for a hotel even on the dog floor! Overall our stay was uneventful which is not a bad thing. The rate we got as a conference attendee was very reasonable. I'm not a big fan of (any) downtown but if you are, the Hyatt is in a great location and is a nice hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Recently stayed at the Hyatt. I arrived on a Friday at 5:00 and the place was full of activity. Must have been 30 people in front of me checking in. Amazingly enough, I was thru that line and in my room in less then 10 minutes. Everyone was very nice and the rooms were clean. Left very early the next morning so for the limited time I was there, I had a very nice stay. The only negative is coffee is not complimentary. There is a starbucks on site but I thought pretty much every hotel these days has free coffee.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for the great review of Hyatt Regency Cincinnati! I am so glad you have enjoyed our consistent service and great location. I am sorry you did not notice the complimentary coffee and coffeemaker we provide in all our guest rooms, located next to the refrigerator. We try to provide an exceptional level of service and I am glad we have succeeded with your stay.

We look forward to you next stay and thank you for selecting Hyatt Regency Cincinnati.

Regards,

Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very modern hotel with nice amenities. Wonderful work out room with a versatile business center. Tied in with Neiman Marcus close to everything (especially the ball parks) most of the restaurants and shopping are walking distance. This hotel was updated in 2012, so it is a relatively newer hotel. The only downfall is the temperature in the hotels and rooms. It ran a little on the hot side.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
It is great to hear that you enjoyed you stay. We also love the central location of our hotel as it provides our guests with many options for dining and entertainment, as well as some nice, quiet green space here in the busy downtown area.

I do apologize that the temperature was not to your preference. Unfortunately, the drastic temperature fluctuations we have been experiencing lately has impacted how it is regulated. Our Engineering department has addressed this accordingly.

Thank you for your feedback and please allow us the opportunity to serve you again the next time you find yourself in need of accommodations in the area.

Regards,

Sharon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I atteded a professional meeting at the Hyatt Regency. The facilities at the hotel were excellent. Good conference rooms, helpful IT guy, ice water provided, places to get food, good downtown location. Given all the kit that I was lugging, Valet Parking was a goodscend.

My room was terrific! I was on the 21st floor with big windows facing the river and the baseball statium. The firewords yesterday over the baseball field were stellar. What a great room! The room was comfortable, the queen size bed fine, and I approciated the big screen LCD tv, fridge and coffee maker.

I wish that my wife could have gone on this trip. My kids would've disliked the hotel (ages 11 and 14) as there was no swimming pool. They would have loved the fireworks, though.

It's a great conference hotel. I would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: You want to be high up and facing the river. Best views. Go with the valet parking.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, 5 days ago
I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree - we do have some amazing views of the city and the river, and if you are lucky enough even spectacular fireworks displays. You should definitely bring your wife and kids next time, as we do have a pool and I am sure they would love it.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to your next stay.

Beverly Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked online and got an option if there was a suite available for an upgrade. We were awarded the upgrade which worked out wonderfully. I went with my wife and 3 kids, and my brother and sister-in-law and their two children. The suite was perfect. We called down to the desk after noticing that there was another adjoining room and got my brother and his family moved to that room. That way we all could enjoy the suite and we could watch the kids and they could play together. What a difference this made. We could all eat together at the dining room with takeout and there were 3 bathrooms. The only problem I had was the valet that is hired to work there. A couple of the guys were great but there was one that was extremely lazy. After my car sat there for 4 hours, finally at midnight I went and asked when they were going to park my car. The guy had the nerve to argue that it was not my car. From the front of the vehicle I described the sticker on the back window and the plate number (From a state that does not use front license plates) He still said it wasn't my car and I asked to see the keys and the showed him the claim ticket. He literally just walked away. This review would have been 5 stars without the annoyingly lazy valet guy. He even moved the car 3 times in the 4 hours I was there. Just park yourself and save 12 bucks plus tips. Overnight parking is 16 bucks, its 28 to valet. I mentioned this to the front desk but they seemed uninterested and told me they hire it out.

Room Tip: Caution when using the valet. Upgrade to the suites, they are great.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting your review. I am happy to hear that you were upgraded to a suite during your stay. It seems that you and your family indeed had a wonderful time and were able to experience all of our amenities. However, your experience with the valet was not acceptable, as they were clearly not performing to our usual standards. I definitely understand your frustration. Please know that your feedback has been shared with the appropriate department head and has been addressed accordingly.

I truly appreciate you sharing your comments with us, as it is through guest feedback that we are able to pinpoint areas of concern and improve our facility and services.We look forward to an opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room 1810
Stay dates - March 24-26 (two nights)
Hotel staff: very efficient, friendly and helpful
Room: nicely renovated (save the shower/tub combo) and very clean with a pleasant fragrance. View of the river/bridges. Modern furnishings and relaxing colors. I really liked the KenetMD toiletries - great scent and high quality. Some visible remnants from the previous incarnation of the room include a rather outdated tub and shower tiles and some warped formica in a non-matching color on the window sill. Not a big deal, but seems like they could have taken the renovation 100% of the way? Regardless - these issues did not affect the quality of my stay which was very good.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in downtown Cincy.

Trip purpose - my company held a team meeting here.
Good to note: the catering for our event was very good. Also, the sandwich I had in Red Roost was yummy. Service was a little slow though.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a river view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Cincinnati? Share your experiences!