“Pricy, lacking heart” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Cincinnati

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Cincinnati to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Cincinnati
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 47 hotels in Cincinnati
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Pricy, lacking heart”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Given the price that one pays my 6 day stay was very average. The building and rooms were obviously recently redone (one of the elevators was still being worked on) and therefore clean and fresh. The service was good, but lacked heart. Although I was always helped most of the times it felt rehearsed and forced, not natural and welcoming. I got the feeling that some of the staff feels that answering and helping is a bit beyond them, but, *sigh* must do it... Breakfast on some of the days were rather cramped with clearly not enough staff and tables available for the morning rush.
Would I stay here again? Possibly, but not definitely - it is rather convenient when you must be at the Duke Energy Convention Center! Maybe some people will find the aloof service attractive, but if you are an ordinary guy like me it's more than a bit irritating.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I first visited the Cincinnati Hyatt a few years ago and was not impressed. The lobby was outdated, the restaurant was a sad excuse for a sports bar and the rooms felt like they were in a time warp. I went back a month or so ago and it was a whole new hotel. Everything feels modern and well trout out. The restaurant was refreshing - locally sourced products, innovative dishes, they even had a selection of local craft beers, not just the big names. They have a really cool market in the lobby with gifts and food to go and a place to work with free wifi and restaurant service in the evenings.

I was very pleasantly surprised by what I found and will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
New Berlin, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed during a very busy weekend. Oktoberfest & Packer/Bengals were the events of the weekend. The hotel was packed with vistors for both event and was very accomodating by being perfectly located for both events. Oktoberfest was within walking distance as was the stadium. The rooms were very nice and clean. My only complaint was the size of the shower. It was just barely big enough for one person.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 8 days last week and enjoyed the stay a lot. Location was good and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We attended 2 NFL games at Paul Brown Stadium and it was an easy walk to it and the Banks restaurant District.

Room was clean and very comfortable, and the pool was a hit with the kids. In fact we all slept in which is something the kids don't usually do!!

Valet staff did a great job, though they did find dealing with an exiting football crowd and the road closures for Octoberfest a bit tough.

And a special mention (thank you) to Daniel who checked us in, and always remembered me by name and was happy to help with any request, especially lending us an iPhone cord.

Overall would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a base in Cincinnati.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I called to make a reservation for a business meeting and I was assured that no charge would be made to my account and I would have upto 3pm the day before to cancel my reservation for travel in a few weeks .... the hotel reservations debited my account immediately and when I called to question an unexpected charge on my account from the Hyatt, the staff including the manager, reservations and Guest Services were rude, upleasant and unprofessional when a simple apology and acknowledgement of their error would have sufficed. Cinci has many other hotels that will be glad to have my business.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HRCincinnati, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when trying to cancel your reservation. I definitely understand your frustration and I assure you that this is certainly not acceptable. If you would like to discuss details of your expereince further so we may pinpoint areas of concern and improve our services, please feel free to contact me.

Natasha Hristovska
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was here a couple weeks ago for one night. Great property with so many things to do within walking distance. Newly renovated and very clean. You can walk to the ball park, square and the convention center is just across the street. Great hotel!

Room Tip: Great rooms and pretty large junior suites
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I visited Cincinnati at the end of July during the Macy Music Festival. The hotel was packed with people attending the concerts over the weekend. I must give the Hyatt many kudos for being on pointe with efficient service with a smile. The rooms were spotlessly clean, the valet was quick in moving cars out, and the hotel staff was cordial in the face of having a full hotel.

The hotel was convenient to Paul Brown Stadium, restaurants, and shops. We also walked to the Freedom Museum, and we were glad we did.

All in all, I would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor on the end, and had a great view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Cincinnati? Share your experiences!