We spent two nights at this hotel, July 4th - July 6th, 2013. There were three of us in our group, staying in one room with two double beds. We checked in shortly after 4:30pm on the 4th and found the check in process to be without issue. We were told we had a room on the 9th floor and asked if we wanted anything higher. We were fine with the room on the 9th floor - room 905. We headed to the elevator and waited only a few seconds before an elevator arrived. So far, so good. We arrived in our room and found it to be adequately furnished - with two beds, desk & chair, lounge chair, plenty of pillows, TV and entertainment/dresser - complete with safe, coffee pot and small fridge.
As others have pointed out - the refurbishments to the room appear to have been done on a budget. The room itself is nice and modern. However, the bathroom left a little to be desired. The tile in the shower does not appear to have been replaced, neither was the shower fixtures (with the exception of maybe the shower head). There was mildew in the shower, both in the tile grout and inside the shower handle knob. When I made the reservation, I indicated there would be three in our party - but there were not enough towels or washcloths for the group, so we had to call to get more.
We did have drinks in the bar/restaurant area the evening of the 4th, before heading out to the casino and found the service to be slow and a bit confusing. We attempted to order drinks at the bar, but were told to have a seat at one of the tables. The bar tender at the bar made 2 of the 3 drinks we ordered, but then sent a waiter to our table to get the third drink order. Later, we tried to pay at the bar and were told we needed to pay our waiter - whom we could not find. Eventually, we did manage to track him down - on the other side of the restaurant.
There is a casino shuttle - operated by Horseshoe that stops here, and a few other hotels. Other than a tip for the driver - there was no charge for this service. It runs roughly every 30 minutes - but it can get packed!
Our return to the hotel that night we encounter our first of many issues with the elevators. The short version - after 20 minutes of waiting in line, we opted for the stairs up to the 9th floor. The next day, we left mid morning - no issue with the elevator. Walked to the Ballpark, along the river front, had lunch and walked back. Repeated that walk later in the evening for the game. Found the location for walking to be convenient...though there are limited dining choices in the area immediately around the hotel.
Upon our return from the game that evening, once again - an insane line for the elevators and we took the stairs. The elevator became more and more of an issue throughout our stay. In fact - we used the elevator only 3 times in our 2.5 days on property - we even ended up carrying our luggage down the stairs to check out.
Overall - the hotel is in a decent location for business or pleasure activities in the Cincy area. The elevator situation is definitely a problem, and there was no sign that they were even being worked on. One seems to have been updated - and the other one (of 3, I think) hasn't been touched. Two elevators for 22 floors is just not feasible. And walking the steps - which they have taken the time to label - isn't exactly an enjoyable experience. I would stay here again, if the price were right, and the elevators were ALL up and running.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 22 story contemporary Hyatt with the best service in Cincinnati by our highly trained staff! Onsite there are 2 restaurants, Findlay’s breakfast restaurant and Champ’s Restaurant and Sports Bar there’s something for everyone or dine from the comfort of your room with our In Room Dining. Cardio room overlooking the indoor pool and strength training room on 5th floor. 24HR Business Center, WiFi access. Print boarding pass or check-in at our kiosks or via web. Valet or Self Park off 5th St. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TIG Global, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.