I just finished a road trip with some friends, and this HoJo in Cincinnati was our first stop. As a cheap motel, it's perfectly fine - clean, fairly spacious, no bugs, not damp, good bathroom, decent beds. The front desk guy Mike was super friendly and gave us lots of tips for the rest of our trip which we very much appreciated. The area was safe but it isn't near the downtown or anything interesting - but we had a car, so that didn't matter, and we were going for the cheapest option available. There were a few restaurants nearby, along with a gas station and drug store, so anything you would NEED is readily available.
However, we stayed in other motels on our 10 day trip that were the same, if not nicer, for less than we paid here. The morning continental breakfast was just packaged cereal and bagels, while other places we stayed in for less included a hot breakfast. We booked ahead because we wanted to be sure that we had a place to stay on our first night - we paid $76 for the room. If anyone is roadtripping or just looking for a place to crash one night - don't book ahead. We found out quickly that it was much cheaper to just go in and ask what their rate would be for the night.
For the average motel-traveler, this Howard Johnson will definitely do. We enjoyed our night here as a place to crash, but I did want to express that for anyone looking for a really cheap one night stay, you can probably find a better value elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently Located Off Interstate 275 At State Route 4. Free High Speed Wireless Internet, & Continental Breakfast, Rooms With King Beds or 2 Doubles, recliner chairs, jet tubs, and work desk with task lamp, Mini Refrigerator And Microwave oven. Interior corridors, Outdoor Pool, Restaurants Adjacent, Golf. Five Minutes To Cincinnati Mills And Tri-County Shopping Malls, 15 Minutes From Kings Island, 20 Minutes To Great American Ballpark. Riverboat Gambling In Lawrenceburg, Indiana- Only 30 Minutes Away. Hairdryers, Irons And Boards In Every Room, Pet Friendly With Fee, Sports Stadiums in Downtown. Sports Bars within a 5 mile radius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Springdale Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Cincinnati
- Springdale Inn & Suites Cincinnati, Ohio