“Not a bad place at all” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #30 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Columbus, Ohio
“Not a bad place at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here while in the area on business, not for a vacation. It was fully adequate for my business needs. The staff were very polite and helpful. Complementary continental breakfast was included in the price of the room, the room had a refrigerator and microwave, there was a large screen TV in the room, and I was able to access Wi fi w/o any problems. It's an older structure, the inside had been recently painted, the carpet was older, but not terrible. I had no problems at all with my room. It was clean and held no odor. They had an issue w/ another guest's pets while I was there, and they even handled that with kindness towards the poor dogs who were upset and acting out. The cost of the room was surprisingly low. The only thing I wished they had which they didn't have was a work-out room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
SABINA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

this was the dirtiest hotel i have ever seen. Hair on bathroom floor. butts and ashes on top of heater in a non smoking room. water dripping from ceiling. Mirror fell off of bathroom wall. We had a bag of goodwill stuff in car that included a set of sheets which we went out and got.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were on the 1st floor there must have been a flood at some point. The entire room and floor smells of mildew. There is water damage to the walls which was attempted to be covered with paint. No linen (towels) or toilet paper in room when we called front desk at night to ask for some, we were told to come to the desk to get toilet paper and towels would be available at 9am. Went to get towels in the am and there still was none, lady at desk said the hotel was booked so that is why there was no towels. The lid over the air conditioner in my room was missing. The tub was filthy. The comforter had burn marks. The breakfast consist of little Debbie snacks and knats flying all around and the worst coffee ever. Everything was old and out dated. I saw reviews where they are suppose to be remoldeling I didn't notice it, I would suggest to take a bull dozer and tear down the entire building then build a new one. I am surprised the health department hasn't shut this place down.

Room Tip: Trust me don't waste your time or money, or risk your health. Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night of August 3rd, at the last minute for one night. (You can see my review on the Baymont Inn and Suites is the reason why we didn't have a reservation).

We got two rooms at this hotel at $55.00 a night for two families.

The lady working at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The front desk area was under construction, but we weren't worried about the construction, since that was the only area under construction.

We got to our room and it was very old looking and dingy. My husband came out of the restroom and said you are not going to like this bathroom. There were urine and that time of the month stains on the toilet. I have pictures if someone needs me to forward them over. Needless to say, we never used the bathroom at all. We were so tired we just went to bed. During the night I thought a bug was crawling in my hair, and realized it was the fitted sheet that was too large for the bed curled on my head.

The other room that we had, had mold in the shower. The carpet was coming up, so you had to watch that you didn't trip. The rooms need to be refurbished.

The hotel is in a good location if you are going to Kings Island.

Room Tip: The front desk was very nice and helpful. I think if they end up remodeling the rooms, this could b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gorham, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I Travel 5-10 times a year this was the worst stay ever. Had an alergic reaction to bug bites. First was told they were ants. Then we found bedbugs. Manager apologized and said he would refund room charges. We got home no refund we called hotel and Manager said no refund and accused me of having a history of doing this.......OMG MY EYE WAS ALMOST SWOLLEN SHUT and he witnessed this. No worries I have pictures and plenty of eye witnesses if it goes to court I will seek more than just room fees.

I could have accepted just bad luck or luck of the draw if you will, but when they denied it once I was back home it showed an attempt to fraud.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Cincinnati? Share your experiences!