“Bedbuds and Ants” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Springdale Inn & Suites

You added Springdale Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Springdale Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Glensprings Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45246 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Cincinnati)   |
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Gorham, Maine
“Bedbuds and Ants”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I Travel 5-10 times a year this was the worst stay ever. Had an alergic reaction to bug bites. First was told they were ants. Then we found bedbugs. Manager apologized and said he would refund room charges. We got home no refund we called hotel and Manager said no refund and accused me of having a history of doing this.......OMG MY EYE WAS ALMOST SWOLLEN SHUT and he witnessed this. No worries I have pictures and plenty of eye witnesses if it goes to court I will seek more than just room fees.

I could have accepted just bad luck or luck of the draw if you will, but when they denied it once I was back home it showed an attempt to fraud.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank bentley2623

Norfolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

OK, there were good and bad things about my stay here. When I first got there I was turned off by all the construction inside the hotel. It really did not matter though because I was never in the lobby, where most of it was. When I got to my room I was a little shocked that the paint job on the door was horribly done; it had me scared for what I will encounter when I opened the door. The bad things I found when I opened the door were towels with some stains on them and a few bugs (I think there were 3 total in my room). I was dismayed at the breakfast options. I was expecting some hot food only to find that the choices were muffins (small ones); donuts; and if were lucky enough to get there early, bagels. I am really glad I set my alarm because if I did not I would have missed out on the food.

OK, what did I like about my stay? For the most part the staff were friendly. Not always the most knowledgeable, but they tried. The TV had a lot of channels; it was a great way for me to wind down after a busy day. The water pressure in the shower was great and the water got hot quickly. I had a room by the pool but was very pleased when I saw the sign that said it was only open from 10 AM to 10 PM (and this rule is enforced by a lock on the door). The area was safe (make a right out of the driveway...those houses are AMAZING!) and close to a major highway that led you to other major highways.

I am not sure if I'd stay there again, but the price was great and I had no major problems.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BlackSheep773
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This motel online said it was updated in 2010. It is still in poor shape. At the front desk their is still a sign excuse our remodeling. . Toilet seat was broken off. Room was still dirty. Would not recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary H
Associates333, General Manager at Springdale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your Review while negative it is very helpful we are attempting to fix a lot of Maintenance issues as well as Training Issues and it is an ongoing battle which we hope to win very soon. We try to make it right if you would let us know at time of Check In, we do have 119 rooms so a few rooms may be missed at times when inspected we apologize for the broken toilet seat but without know what room now we will have to figure it out. In closing a customer is entitled to a clean well maintained room which I do agree with you on 110%, and if given the opportunity at Check In, we will do what we can in our power to make it right. Again we apologize for your unfortunate experience and Thank You again for your professional and mature review which will assist us greatly in getting things fixed ASAP, it is work in progress.

Travelers are raving about these Cincinnati hotels

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My mate and I stay at this hotel whenever we are in cincy and will not stay anywhere else. we love the atmosphere, the courtesy of the staff, the excellent accommodations, professionalism, clean rooms and everything else about it. Poolside is great in the summer and all events held in the conference room that we attended were excellent. What more can i say? Simply not enough. We look forward to every stay. Our thanks to Peter Panchal and staff for making every stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Poolside!!!! Second floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Moonchild722
Spencer, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

On the up side, this hotel was clean, safe and rather pleasantly furnished. It is readily apparent that improvements are being made to the quality of the rooms and building. Unlike Motel 6, our room included a small refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, iron and ironing board that one might expect in a pricier hotel. The owner/manager was friendly and helpful. And the price was great--only $44/night for two which included a continental breakfast. Several restaurants are within walking distance.

On the downside, the hotel manager smokes and smoking is permitted in some rooms. When we checked in, there was a heavy smell of smoke in the lobby. The first room we were given had the front off the AC. And during the four days of our stay, the housekeeping in our room was quite minimal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our initial impression was quite negative. There were dirty, smelly towels left in the room. While in the lobby the next morning, another guest was commenting on the same problem.

They have tried to make things better. There is a faint smell of fresh paint, and the tubs have new tile enclosures. But the door frames show decades of water damage; paint may cover it, but does not fix it.

Other "features": tiny, broken soap bar, clock next to bed not working, microwave on desk, taking up a good portion of the desk. Breakfast was inadequate - coffee, juice, and a few small, plastic wrapped pastries. Perkins nearby offers 20% off to hotel guests; take it if you want a real breakfast.

We only paid $39.99 plus tax for my family of 3. I'd rather pay $10-20 more and have a cleaner, nicer room with a real breakfast. Your preferences may differ.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TomLechner
Associates333, General Manager at Springdale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your Review while negative it is very helpful we are attempting to fix a lot of Maintenance issues as well as Training Issues and it is an ongoing battle which we hope to win very soon. Like you said "They Have Tried To Make Things Better" and that we are. Our breakfast is being looked at very carefully and we hope to increase the menu a little but with all due respect at $39.99 we are not sure that it will be a gourmet one. In closing no matter what the Rate is a customer is entitled to a clean well maintained room which I do agree with you on 110%, and if given the opportunity at Check In, we will do what we can in our power to make it right. Again we apologize for your unfortunate experience and Thank You again for your professional and mature review which will assist us greatly in getting things fixed ASAP, it is work in progress.
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

When I stay at a hotel in this price range I don't expect perfection or luxury, but I do expect a clean room and a safe place to sleep. This hotel hit the make on both counts. Like other reviewers have mentioned, you can tell they have been doing some remodeling and are improving the hotel. I was very happy considering what the 2 night stayed cost.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cincinnati
Comfort Inn Northeast
Garfield Suites Hotel
Garfield Suites Hotel
#28 of 49 in Cincinnati
3.5 of 5 stars 878 reviews

Been to Springdale Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!