“convention trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cleveland, Ohio
“convention trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My ecperience was very good. I had no time for enjoyment, but Barb kept my room clean and I had new towels. I did not frequent the restaurant, but there were many others nearby along with a Mall. There was only one draw back for me which was not of their making, there was all of this construction.

Room Tip: Get as close to the lobby as possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn last week while in Cincy, and I unfortunately, I cannot recommend it. It is need of a drastic remodelling and modernization. We had a King Leisure which came with breakfast, and while the room was a decent size, it just felt old. There was inadequate lighting in the room and the fridge/microwave was oddly placed in it...as if it was an afterthought. The bed sheets were extremely old, dry and thin. The A/C did work but it was quite loud and would go on often in the night. Then, when it shut off, there was a 2-3 minute buzzing noise.

The bathroom was a nice size with thicker towels (big plus), and the water pressure was great. But that didn't make up for the old looking and dreary room.

The hotel is very oddly designed and the rooms are quite far from the lobby. You go thru several turns before you even reach the elevators. The restaurant left a little to be desired, too. As I mentioned, our room came with a free breakfast buffet, but I don't think it was worth the $11/person. With our rate, we were able to get either a waffle or cooked to order omelette each day. My omelette the first day was okay, but the waffle on the second day took 20 minutes to make!

The location is right by the Eastgate Mall (which wasn't that spectacular of a mall). The roads around the hotel are going thru a lot of construction right now - though you don't hear it. It was maybe 20 minutes from downtown Cincy.

For paying $150/night - I would highly recommend another, newer hotel if you're ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianWipprecht, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you choosing our hotel. While you mentioned many positive and negative aspects of your stay, it’s clear that overall we fell short of your expectations. Our goal is to consistently deliver 5-star service and experiences, and I’m very sorry we were not able to provide the level of service to help you score us as such. I assure you that your comments were not taken lightly, and we will use them as a training tool to better our hotel and improve our product for our next guest.

Thank you again, and please feel free to contact me any time.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
bwipprecht@midashospitality.com
Santa Clara, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've stayed 6 times in the past 3 months and the rooms have been quiet, with excellent air conditioning, strong showers, soft towels and comfy beds. The blackout curtain is appreciated on the days I don't have to leave at 6 am. The only true drawback is the wi-fi connection and speed. I was informed an upgrade is coming in 2 weeks. If successful in increasing the speed and reliability, then I'd give the Holiday Inn 5 stars. As it is now, I can't do any work as the connection is usually too slow for my VPN/Remote setup, and Netflix usually spends as much time buffering as it does playing. So I just stay at my work site and use their internet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate. I appreciate you choosing our hotel, and was happy to read your comments about the overall service and amenities that you've enjoyed. It is feedback like yours that helps motivate our staff to continue to exceed our guest’s expectations.

I do, however, understand that the Wi-Fi has been an issue during your stays. We’ve been focusing on improving our Wi-Fi performance recently, and I’m happy to let you know about a couple of improvements. We have recently increased the bandwidth. By doing this we’ve been able to increase the bandwidth per user by double of what it was previously. I hope this will make a very positive impact on your work and usage of services like Netflix. Also, as you had indicated in your review, we will have an upgrade on Aug 24th.

I hope that these changes are able to provide the internet performance that you need. Again, thank you for your feedback and if there is ever any way I may be of further assistance, please let me know.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
bwipprecht@midashospitality.com
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I would like to give a BIG Kudos to Tony (server) and Chris(cook) for providing such excellent service. My business associates and I were in meetings all day and we were all starving by the end of the day. Even though the dinning room was set to close in 20 minutes, Tony gave us service as if they had just opened. There was no rush, and he continuously checked on us throughout our dinning. We we all very impressed and grateful! Chris made sure that our food was hot and it was prepared on-time. They even allowed us to watch our favorite TV Show during our dinning time (again, without any rush)!

Thank you, Tony & Chris for providing Outstanding service!

CJ

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband took me to the hotel's restaurant McKenna's the other night and I have come to the conclusion that it is the perfect date night location! The atmosphere was quiet and elegant and our server Josh was courteous and attentive. I ordered the pesto crusted salmon which was prepared to perfection by chief's Gary and Chris. My husband's sirloin looked mighty tempting as well. We topped everything off with a delicious brownie sundae which was big enough to share. Will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Campbellsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

THis is a great hotel. love the staff and love Carol in the restaurant. She is super sweet and out going. Thanks to everyone who makes this a great place to stay. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. home away from home. air conditioners that actually run all night to help keep it cool.

Room Tip: make sure you don't stay by elevator. only one room by there.
Athens, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel had great atmosphere. The breakfast buffet was the best breakfast I have ever had from a hotel. Service was very accommodating. Gary, Chris, Josh, and Tony were excellent in their service. Sarah, Ian, Mckenzie, and Kayla were super helpful at the front desk. Any issue I had was taken care of in a matter of seconds. And the maid staff made my stay here that much more enjoyable. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate? Share your experiences!