“5-star should be coming soon” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Santa Clara, CA
“5-star should be coming soon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I've stayed 6 times in the past 3 months and the rooms have been quiet, with excellent air conditioning, strong showers, soft towels and comfy beds. The blackout curtain is appreciated on the days I don't have to leave at 6 am. The only true drawback is the wi-fi connection and speed. I was informed an upgrade is coming in 2 weeks. If successful in increasing the speed and reliability, then I'd give the Holiday Inn 5 stars. As it is now, I can't do any work as the connection is usually too slow for my VPN/Remote setup, and Netflix usually spends as much time buffering as it does playing. So I just stay at my work site and use their internet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
BrianWipprecht, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate. I appreciate you choosing our hotel, and was happy to read your comments about the overall service and amenities that you've enjoyed. It is feedback like yours that helps motivate our staff to continue to exceed our guest’s expectations.

I do, however, understand that the Wi-Fi has been an issue during your stays. We’ve been focusing on improving our Wi-Fi performance recently, and I’m happy to let you know about a couple of improvements. We have recently increased the bandwidth. By doing this we’ve been able to increase the bandwidth per user by double of what it was previously. I hope this will make a very positive impact on your work and usage of services like Netflix. Also, as you had indicated in your review, we will have an upgrade on Aug 24th.

I hope that these changes are able to provide the internet performance that you need. Again, thank you for your feedback and if there is ever any way I may be of further assistance, please let me know.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
bwipprecht@midashospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I would like to give a BIG Kudos to Tony (server) and Chris(cook) for providing such excellent service. My business associates and I were in meetings all day and we were all starving by the end of the day. Even though the dinning room was set to close in 20 minutes, Tony gave us service as if they had just opened. There was no rush, and he continuously checked on us throughout our dinning. We we all very impressed and grateful! Chris made sure that our food was hot and it was prepared on-time. They even allowed us to watch our favorite TV Show during our dinning time (again, without any rush)!

Thank you, Tony & Chris for providing Outstanding service!

CJ

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband took me to the hotel's restaurant McKenna's the other night and I have come to the conclusion that it is the perfect date night location! The atmosphere was quiet and elegant and our server Josh was courteous and attentive. I ordered the pesto crusted salmon which was prepared to perfection by chief's Gary and Chris. My husband's sirloin looked mighty tempting as well. We topped everything off with a delicious brownie sundae which was big enough to share. Will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Campbellsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

THis is a great hotel. love the staff and love Carol in the restaurant. She is super sweet and out going. Thanks to everyone who makes this a great place to stay. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. home away from home. air conditioners that actually run all night to help keep it cool.

Room Tip: make sure you don't stay by elevator. only one room by there.
Athens, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel had great atmosphere. The breakfast buffet was the best breakfast I have ever had from a hotel. Service was very accommodating. Gary, Chris, Josh, and Tony were excellent in their service. Sarah, Ian, Mckenzie, and Kayla were super helpful at the front desk. Any issue I had was taken care of in a matter of seconds. And the maid staff made my stay here that much more enjoyable. I look forward to staying here again.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm actually in the room right now, waiting for someone to clean the bathroom. We have just arrived, so the room should be spic-and-span. It is NOT. There is a big knot of long black hair on the bathroom floor and it does not look like the floor has been swept in a while. The lid to the ice bucket (also in the bathroom) is covered in dust. The carpeted floor has several small items on it, like a staple, seeds from plants??, and what looks like scraped paint.

I hung out in the room and waited for 30 minutes or so, then headed to the front desk. I was told that there was not a housekeeping person in the hotel. I was a bit surprised by this, too, since the hotel is quite large and I know there are several more people in our party arriving today.

We were switched into a second room. The first room had a minifridge and microwave; sadly, this one does not. The front desk was very kind about giving us a different room. If our experience improves, I'll update the review.

We did not make these reservations; otherwise, we would have booked a Hampton Inn, because we have never been disappointed in the cleanliness, service, or free breakfast - which we also understand is not offered here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide and share your feedback with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I was very disappointed to read about your experience regarding the cleanliness of your guest room. Our goal as a Housekeeping team is to never have a guest check-in to a room and find evidence of a previous guest. We all take great pride in having high standards in regards to the cleanliness of our product and obviously we fell short during your stay. I certainly wish that I had an opportunity to turn your experience around while you were here.

On behalf of all of us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, I truly apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I am absolutely willing to make it right with you if your future travels ever include Cincinnati, Ohio. I would be honored in having the opportunity in personally handling your reservation, and ensuring satisfaction during your stay.

At your service,

Brian Wipprecht
Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
bwipprecht@midashospitality.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Scott is Awesome !! Really good at what he does and getting my order correct. The service was really nice. He is very friendly and easy to talk to. All the hotel employees are nice to. The hotel is conveniant to access the mall and grocery stores that make it easier on me being out of town.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate? Share your experiences!