“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the entire property. The staff we encountered were all super nice and willing to do anything to help. They should be commended. The lobby while obviously a motel/hotel was spacious and well kept and the fitness room was above par for this type pf property. While it seemed like a maze going from the lobby to the rooms this might have contributed to the quietness inside the room.. We''l be coming back through in a few months and have already book a room for then

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sterling Heights, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I love working with this hotel. The staff says "my pleasure" no matter what you ask. The meeting rooms are set perfectly, the location is terrific (quick to get on and off I-275) and there are never any problems. It is super-clean.

Room Tip: There is a pool and this hotel does big functions like travel soccer teams and other summer events...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The front desk staff came around the counter to give me my key card and explain where my room was. Nice, but surprising. She had also asked which floor I wanted to stay on. My room was really clean and the bed was really comfortable. But there was a constant sound...I think it was the mini fridge in the room. There was a microwave on top of the fridge as well.

The outside door on the first floor was supposed to be locked and the front staff said I would need to use my key card, but it never closed or locked.

There is a huge fountain in the front lobby. I had to use their business center because I didn't take my laptop and it was nice, but only had one computer. It was next to the small indoor pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnEastgate, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Ayrshirefarmer,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay! We appreciate your feedback and have passed the information along to our maintenance department to address the refrigerator and door issues. We hope to serve you again the next time you are in the Cincinnati area!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I travel all over the country and this was a very pleasant stay. The hotel was in a great location, the staff was extremely friendly and the room was spacious and very clean. I wish there was a fridge and microwave, but that is honestly my only complaint.

We travel with our 2 dogs, and this was a great hotel for pets, lots of green grassy areas to walk them. If we are back in this area we will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Morgan B,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We hope to see you and your pets the next time you visit Cincinnati!
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding in April of 2013. The hotel has obviously been renovated sometime in the past few years. It is quite nice and very clean. The rooms are adequate, clean but lacking that little extra something. I enjoyed the fact that the shower head has an extender to make it taller. I hate when hotel showers hit you in the chest and you have to bend over to rinse the shampoo out of your hair.

One small issue that I had was that the elevators are so far away from the check in, the bar, and the reception hall. That is more of a design flaw then anything else though. My room was very nice, my only issue with it was that remote had electrical tape holding the batteries in. This is very minor, but it made the room feel "cheap." The hotel room doors had issues closing all the way. I chalk this one up to "user error." Just be sure to pull the door all the way closed when you plan on locking the door.

There are only 2 elevators and one of them was broken. This made the wait excruciatingly long. A minor issue, but another small mistake that made the hotel feel cheap.

I did not like my room placement (it was right by the elevator) and the fact that it had two double beds, so I went down and asked to change rooms. I was told I could get a room but it would cost me another $100. Now I opted to not upgrade my room, and I understand that we had a block of rooms for the wedding, but I did not like the fact that I was told that there was a room available, but that I would have to pay more. Again, minor, but just something that rubbed me the wrong way.

I can not speak of the pool area, I did not go swimming. It did look nice though. My only complaint was the fact that housekeeping kept a push cart out in the middle of the hall by the pool while they are cleaning the surrounding areas. It was just one more example of something that made the hotel feel cheap.

The reception staff were very good, with one glaring exception, the bartenders. The bartenders were two women that had little or no people skills. They both looked as though they did not want to be working that night. They disappeared at one point, I assume to go get more liquor or beer, so I tended bar. I did not feel that the guests should have to wait. Both bartenders should never leave a bar unattended at a wedding. It is the main reason that half of the guests are there, the open bar. The food was exceptional though. I would recommend this hotel for another wedding, as long as you ask for nicer bartenders.

In the end it was a very clean, very nice hotel. I just feel that there were too many mistakes that made it feel cheap.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear AH_78,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am happy that you found our reception staff to be good. However, I apologize that you were inconvenienced by the condition of the elevators and amenities being sub par. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I hesitate to give this hotel mediocre reviews because the staff seems to be hardworking, friendly folks. But the hotel wasn't as clean as other Holiday Inns. We were just passing through, but I booked it for the pool and it was so small my kids weren't interested in it. The price was decent for a family if 4 and kids 12 and under get a free buffet breakfast in the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear MichiganTravelwriter,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. I am pleased that our staff was able to off set this displeasure with great service.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare
Quincy, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and found it very nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was nice and friendly. We ate at the restaurant for supper and breakfast. We both had hamburgers for supper, I had wine and my husband had a non alcoholic beer. We thought that the it was good but a bit pricey. The breakfast buffet was very nice. There was a good variety and the cold food was cold and the hot food was hot. We didn't pay for the buffet because they took a long time to get us checked in so they comped us two buffet breakfast which was very nice. Did not use the pool or exercise room but both looked nice. The lobby was very pretty and comfortable. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate? Share your experiences!