“Convenient and clean!!” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
“Convenient and clean!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in early March on our way home from Florida. Nice beds, with clean newer style duvets. Building is actually a little dated but has obviously been renovated at some point fairly recently. The carpets are a bit worn out, but that is the only issue we could see. Bathrooms are bright, clean, and modern and the towels were fairly new. Close to many, many amenities and is very convenient if you don't want to travel into the city core. We will definitely use this hotel again should we find ourselves in this neck of the woods in the future.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I arrived at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate in the midst of a particularly challenging business trip. The hotel is next to a shopping mall, and was a little hard to find but my trusty GPS got me there. When I checked in, the front desk personnel were friendly, welcoming, and extremely helpful. They even encouraged me to join the manager’s reception in the bar. (I figure I must’ve looked like I needed a drink by that point in my day!) Unfortunately I still had some work to do, so I just went to the room.

I had to hike quite a way from the front desk to get to my room. The hotel layout is a little odd, and the elevator to my room seemed to be in a different wing. I had a spacious room and it was very clean, had great pillows, and a comfortable bed. I really appreciated the fact that the housekeeping staff honored my do not disturb sign on the door. I had work spread out all over the room and it was nice to find it exactly where I left it when I returned.

I was having issues with my laptop (I told you it was one of those trips!), and went to the business center to use the hotel computer. The business center was a room about the size of a small closet, and had five people in it – three using the fax machine, and two on a conference call. I ended up standing while I used the computer, got ready to send my fax and the fax machine wouldn’t send my document. So, I went to the front desk and asked if they could help. They didn’t hesitate to send my fax, and a while later when I had to send another one unexpectedly, they again came to my rescue. I was extremely impressed by their helpfulness and great customer service skills.

I finished my work just in time for a couple of drinks at the end of the manager’s reception – a welcome relief at the end of my 14 hour day. The bartender (Carol I think) was super busy. I guess the special reception brought everyone out. She had some very “challenging” customers while I was there, and I observed her handling them with a great deal of patience. Probably much more so than I would have! I ordered a Reuben sandwich, and it was excellent. I had dinner at the bar the second night as well, and ordered the special. It was also very good. I liked the fact that the prices were reasonable, too. Not all hotels are like that.

So. Would I recommend this hotel? You bet.
Would I stay there again? Absolutely.
Just don’t make me re-live the rest of that trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sterling Heights, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was thrilled to arrive the night of 11/12/12 and have Summer at the front desk greet me like I was an old friend. She had a fax ready for me from my company, and gave me all the hotel details. She then said, "I'd bet you would like to see your meeting room tonight." She called Darin and Zack and they said it was ready to go! They greeted me when I got to the meeting room and everything was set perfectly.

Room Tip: There are easy entrances to first floor meeting rooms and they do require a key for guest security.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnEastgate, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear professordoctormom,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate! Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Cincinnati area!
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I visited this hotel in Early November for work. What a nice suprise! Very clean rooms. Nice bar and restaurant. Staff was very friendly. The lobby area was very nice and gave a nice impression. Convenient off the freeway for easy access. Local area shopping/food near by. Good value. I would visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear tripleeric,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate! We are glad that we exceeded your expectations! We look forward to serving you again when you are in the Cincinnati area! Thank you for your patronage!
cyndi63
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stay here every time Im on the east side of Cincinnati. The staff from housekeeping to Brian the assistant manager are excellent. The hotel is always clean and the beds are comfortable but for me the friendly accommodating staff are what really set this hotel aside!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Four of us had a mini high school reunion at this hotel, and it was wonderful. We had 2 bedrooms (one with a jacuzzi), a TV sitting room, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, sink, coffee maker, glasses, silverware, and paper towels, etc. The hotel has a pool and work out room available, is very clean, and the staff are all very nice. We plan to be back at this hotel next year!

Room Tip: our room was very quiet, as I would think all of them would be.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mentor, Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We've been using this hotel whenever visiting eastern Cincinnati for decades and STILL find it an exceptional hotel. Friendly staff, clean and quiet rooms, good food and drink... all and a good location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate? Share your experiences!