My husband and I stayed at the Garfield Suites hotel for 6 nights at the end of August. Our stay was very enjoyable. The hotel staff go out of their way to meet your needs. We had a two bedroom suite. The suites have a full kitchen and dining area. It's really great to have all that space, especially in a downtown hotel. While the hotel may not have the most modern decor, the rooms are very spacious, clean, and comfortable, and you will not find a better price anywhere! Book online and look for their internet specials. I had booked the room first with my AAA discount, but later I checked their site again and was able to get a better price due to the internet special. What really sets this hotel apart is the service. The hotel staff are fantastic! We had requested a room with a balcony but because we arrived at 9:00 p.m. there were no balcony rooms available. However, the front desk staff told us there would be a balcony room available the next morning. They had the housekeeping staff clean a room for us so it would be ready after we had breakfast at the Cafe in the hotel. Everyone is very friendly and sincere in wanting to meet all your needs. I travel frequently and sometimes when you have special requests, hotel staff either don't try to accommodate your needs or do so with little enthusiasm, as if you are putting them out. At Garfield, the hotel staff is very sincere in trying to provide whatever it takes to make your stay a pleasant experience. I requested feather pillows and they brought them to me immediately. We wanted to know where we could get Graeter's ice cream and they told us about a market/deli just two blocks from the hotel where we could buy what we needed to stock up the refrigerator, including the ice cream. We had tickets to the Red's ball game, and they gave us directions to the ball park, which is walking distance from the hotel. We left dishes in the dishwasher intending to wash them after a day out and came back to see that the housekeeping staff had done them for us and put them away! The housekeeping staff is really great. They are very unobtrusive but very thorough. We also liked that the public library is right across the street. We did not have a laptop with us, so it was great to be able to access the internet from the library. There is a public parking garage around the corner from the hotel that has a $5.00/day maximum charge with $1.00 all day on Saturday and Sunday. If you have a lot of luggage and a car, you will want to turn onto Garfield Place first and unload your luggage at the hotel front desk area before taking the car around the corner to the garage. The garage entrance is on 9th street. You can access the hotel from the garage without going outside if you wish to do so. When we checked out, we let the front desk know how much we appreciated the service and how much we enjoyed our stay. As we were loading the luggage in our car, they had the General Manager come down to meet us and thank us for our comments. I've never had that happen before. It is this commitment to customer satisfaction that sets the Garfield Suites apart from other hotels. We will definitely stay here the next time we visit Cincinnati.
- Also Known As:
- Garfield Hotel Cincinnati
- Garfield Suites Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garfield Suites Hotel is one of Cincinnati’s best hotels for leisure and business travelers alike, as well as for extended-stay guests. Rated the #1 Cincinnati hotel by TripAdvisor, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the only downtown Cincinnati hotel offering multiple room condo-suites compared to the standard hotel rooms that the national chains offer. If you want a lot of space and convenience at budget-friendly prices, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the best choice in downtown Cincinnati Ohio hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TravelClick, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Garfield Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.