“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Garfield Suites Hotel

You added Garfield Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Garfield Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Garfield Place, Downtown - Entertainment District, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Special Rate
Free Balcony Upgrade!
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was a bit kitschy and retro with its decorations and obviously an old apartment building turned hotel, but the service was great! The room was comfortable and the restaurant downstairs was the bomb! Great food and again, the service was FANTASTIC!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed this past fourth of July. We were pleasantly surprised by the large spaces and a full kitchen. It is nice for a family vacation. We enjoyed the shuttle service to just about anywhere around town. Customer service was great.

Rooms need updating, especially the bathrooms, but clean. Pillows were comfortable and slept like a baby. I recommend. Price was very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Easton, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My Two Sons And I Stayed Here While We Visited The City For A Reds Game. Great Value For A Family. Not ThE Greatest Neighborhood, But Within Walking Distance Of The Stadiums. Down Side Was No Pool Or Gym. Reduced rate At Y Down The Road, But Y WAs Not User Friendly For A Number Of Reasons.

• Stayed July 2013
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite overlooking the city. The staff and manager were extermely friendly. The rooms were clean. No complaints. Will definitely stay again when we come back to the city. Thanks for a great stay! -Paula Gibson

• Stayed June 2013
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed her for a wedding that took place in Cincinnati over Memorial Day weekend. Since it was a holiday weekend and a Reds home game the room price was higher than average and definitely not worth it. When you walk in the lobby is modern and decorative, but then when you walk into your room its like you took a trip back to the 80s (their elevator must be a time machine lol) Tube tvs, wood paneling, mauve and mint colored curtains and dated furnishings. We were upgraded to the 2 bedroom suite so it had a full kitchen, not that I needed it, since I was only there for 1 night. The walls are paper thin, I could hear everything going on nextdoor and across the hall (a 7 year olds birthday party). The bathroom was basic, the beds were ok and at least the room was clean. I had room service delivered the next day..the french toast was bland. Theres a restaurant in the lobby, but I didnt go down there. Also, apparently this hotel is on the edge of friendly downtown and grimey downtown Cincinnati called Over the Rhine. I was warned by the front desk staff that if I left the hotel to walk around of go to the bars to go left, but never venture to the right. That was comforting....lol.

• Stayed May 2013
Trenton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night after the New Kids on the Block concert. We booked a two-bedroom suite - to give you an idea of the value of this hotel, the rate we paid for a two-bedroom suite was HALF what the Westin wanted for a 2-queen hotel room, and the hotel is only two blocks away from Fountain Square. That being said, when you're getting this kind of deal, you should know what to expect. If I was staying at the Westin, I would expect to be greeted by a bellboy who helped with my bags, and a valet for my car. I did not expect this at the Garfield, so I was not disappointed when I had to carry my own bags in. Nor was I disappointed I had to park my own car - parking, by the way, was only $6 overnight in their garage. NOWHERE in Downtown Cincinnati can you park that cheap.

Yes, this hotel is dated. The rooms need renovated. It looks like they may be doing a little at a time - we walked in to newer laminate in the foyer and kitchen area, and newish counters in the kitchen and bathroom. But I'd compare the furnishings, carpet, bed, etc. to that of a Comfort Suites. But again...I go back to the rate we paid. Can't beat it.

They have a cute little restaurant with a bar that's open until midnight. We walked back from US Bank Arena after the concert (only a mile down the road) and had a few drinks in the bar. The bartender was very nice, and knew how to handle some of the obnoxious concert goers we saw coming into the bar (the patrons who probably should've been staying at the Westin, since NOTHING could satisfy them). We went back down to the same restaurant in the morning and had a nice breakfast.

Would I stay in this hotel again? In a heartbeat. It's all in what you want in a hotel. If you're looking for full service, this isn't the place. But the accommodations were clean, NO BED BUGS, and the rate was fantastic - leaving us with more money to go out and have fun.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $5 for a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst over from the UK visiting family. Whilst the hotel is a little dated, the value for money is outstanding.

We booked a one bedroom suite but were upgraded to a high-floor 2 bedroom suite at no extra cost, without requesting it. In fact, the hotel were happy to accommodate our early arrival (2 hours before check-in time) with no problems. The chap who checked us in was friendly and efficient and we were even offered help with our bags.

The suite was absolutely massive - dated, yes, but with every amenity we could want and then some, not to mention free wifi and great views!

I'd definitely stay there again, the location is perfect and you cannot beat the value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Garfield Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!