“Spacious like an apartment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Garfield Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Garfield Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Garfield Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Garfield Place, Downtown, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #20 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
Lexington, Kentucky
“Spacious like an apartment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed this past fourth of July. We were pleasantly surprised by the large spaces and a full kitchen. It is nice for a family vacation. We enjoyed the shuttle service to just about anywhere around town. Customer service was great.

Rooms need updating, especially the bathrooms, but clean. Pillows were comfortable and slept like a baby. I recommend. Price was very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

665 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Easton, Pa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My Two Sons And I Stayed Here While We Visited The City For A Reds Game. Great Value For A Family. Not ThE Greatest Neighborhood, But Within Walking Distance Of The Stadiums. Down Side Was No Pool Or Gym. Reduced rate At Y Down The Road, But Y WAs Not User Friendly For A Number Of Reasons.

• Stayed July 2013
Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a two bedroom suite overlooking the city. The staff and manager were extermely friendly. The rooms were clean. No complaints. Will definitely stay again when we come back to the city. Thanks for a great stay! -Paula Gibson

• Stayed June 2013
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed her for a wedding that took place in Cincinnati over Memorial Day weekend. Since it was a holiday weekend and a Reds home game the room price was higher than average and definitely not worth it. When you walk in the lobby is modern and decorative, but then when you walk into your room its like you took a trip back to the 80s (their elevator must be a time machine lol) Tube tvs, wood paneling, mauve and mint colored curtains and dated furnishings. We were upgraded to the 2 bedroom suite so it had a full kitchen, not that I needed it, since I was only there for 1 night. The walls are paper thin, I could hear everything going on nextdoor and across the hall (a 7 year olds birthday party). The bathroom was basic, the beds were ok and at least the room was clean. I had room service delivered the next day..the french toast was bland. Theres a restaurant in the lobby, but I didnt go down there. Also, apparently this hotel is on the edge of friendly downtown and grimey downtown Cincinnati called Over the Rhine. I was warned by the front desk staff that if I left the hotel to walk around of go to the bars to go left, but never venture to the right. That was comforting....lol.

• Stayed May 2013
Trenton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night after the New Kids on the Block concert. We booked a two-bedroom suite - to give you an idea of the value of this hotel, the rate we paid for a two-bedroom suite was HALF what the Westin wanted for a 2-queen hotel room, and the hotel is only two blocks away from Fountain Square. That being said, when you're getting this kind of deal, you should know what to expect. If I was staying at the Westin, I would expect to be greeted by a bellboy who helped with my bags, and a valet for my car. I did not expect this at the Garfield, so I was not disappointed when I had to carry my own bags in. Nor was I disappointed I had to park my own car - parking, by the way, was only $6 overnight in their garage. NOWHERE in Downtown Cincinnati can you park that cheap.

Yes, this hotel is dated. The rooms need renovated. It looks like they may be doing a little at a time - we walked in to newer laminate in the foyer and kitchen area, and newish counters in the kitchen and bathroom. But I'd compare the furnishings, carpet, bed, etc. to that of a Comfort Suites. But again...I go back to the rate we paid. Can't beat it.

They have a cute little restaurant with a bar that's open until midnight. We walked back from US Bank Arena after the concert (only a mile down the road) and had a few drinks in the bar. The bartender was very nice, and knew how to handle some of the obnoxious concert goers we saw coming into the bar (the patrons who probably should've been staying at the Westin, since NOTHING could satisfy them). We went back down to the same restaurant in the morning and had a nice breakfast.

Would I stay in this hotel again? In a heartbeat. It's all in what you want in a hotel. If you're looking for full service, this isn't the place. But the accommodations were clean, NO BED BUGS, and the rate was fantastic - leaving us with more money to go out and have fun.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $5 for a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst over from the UK visiting family. Whilst the hotel is a little dated, the value for money is outstanding.

We booked a one bedroom suite but were upgraded to a high-floor 2 bedroom suite at no extra cost, without requesting it. In fact, the hotel were happy to accommodate our early arrival (2 hours before check-in time) with no problems. The chap who checked us in was friendly and efficient and we were even offered help with our bags.

The suite was absolutely massive - dated, yes, but with every amenity we could want and then some, not to mention free wifi and great views!

I'd definitely stay there again, the location is perfect and you cannot beat the value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeside, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

From the moment one pulls up one can tell they don’t care. The hotel van blocks the place to unload and one fends for themselves getting a cart and taking care of the baggage. The “bad rug” front desk check in host has an attitude to match. He made a comment: “… enjoy the party” and one wondered what that meant.

Don’t stay on the “Penthouse” floor (there’s 6/7 next door to each other); it’s the “21” birthday party floor. I believe the University students have made it that kind of party destination. So, they left it dingy and old and not polished at all. Check the sheets that if they were changed and look in every dirty corner. Drains are clogged, toilets and a door security chain that is broken. You won’t sleep until after 4am and only until sunrise because, of the old wore out vertical window blinds. (It explains the millions of stains on the furniture, carpeting and walls.)

It’s a shame that this prime location is wasted on an inferior hotel service. The Garfield should take a lesson from the fabulous restaurant it has and it’s great cooks because, they obviously care, thank you, that was a very good breakfast.

I would stay there again because, the regular rooms other family members had, were very nice and clean and very reasonably priced for being right in the heart of downtown life.

Room Tip: Don't choose early check in, they don't have time to clean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Garfield Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!