“It ok but not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Garfield Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Garfield Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Garfield Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Garfield Place, Downtown, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“It ok but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a old fashion downtown appartments with full kitchen. Not very clean. Furnitures are very old. It is good for the price though. Do I stay again and recommend to others ? Not sure. Walkable distance to reds stadium. It is not safe to walk after sunset like other downtowns.
Staff were courteous.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Love the suites. The staff is always nice, and helpful. We have always stayed here anytime we are in Cincinnati, and will continue to. It's close to the stadiums, the Taft Theater, as well as numerous bars and restaurants. The rooms are always clean, and nice, especially the renovated rooms.

• Stayed March 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The room I had was good with a balcony......medium size flat screen TV in living room.....old type smaller TV in bedroom........staff was friendly for the most part.....restaurant was good except one night we had to ask for menus after being seated....then we waited and waited and had to ask if ok to order......service was poor but the food was good......best part was breakfast...........best seasoned sausage gravy I ever had in a restaurant .......my biggest disappointment was the parking and the hallway from parking structure to lobby......it was like walking thru a maze with up and down steps.....makes it very difficut if you have luggage......hotels should NEVER have steps when you go to and from parking

Room Tip: Drop luggage off at the Bellhop (whom expects a tip) if you do not want to drag luggage thru the hal...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I stay here every time I come to Cincinnati. You cannot beat the value and the excellent staff. Always stay in the same suite. 3 bedrooms and kitchen. I would recommend the Garfield every time. Free shuttle to the ball game. Shuttle runs about every ten minutes. Also the restaurant is great. At a great price.

• Stayed April 2013
Vista, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went for a big convention--on opening night of the Reds season. So we were glad to get a room at all downtown. AND we got a good price through our group. The 2-bedroom suite with full kitchen and 1 bath was large and clean, and the gym was the best and biggest we've ever seen. BUT the suite looked tired and the furniture dated. For some reason I did like it that it was Thomasville furniture, though.

The maid kept forgetting to replenish all our daily supplies--she even took away the dishwasher soap one day, leaving us with none. I did see a cockroach in the hall of our suite one night--yuck. .

Room Tip: the beds were a full bed in each room--so if you are 2 six-footers like my husband and me, you may b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Salem, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on April 5th. I was unsure what to expect due to some mixed reviews on different sites. I must say I was very happy with my experience. The staff was friendly and the common areas and rooms were very clean. I read some reviews containing complaints about stains on tables and cabinets needing to be replaced. I did find that the cabinet in the bathroom does need to be replaced. Regardless, it was still clean. When you consider the fact that Garfield is one of the least expensive hotels in the downtown area and the rooms are apartments, you should be willing to overlook these petty issues.

The hotel is within walking distance to everything. Including the Taft Theater and ball park. There are numerous restaurants and bars in the area. We had room service for breakfast from Cafe Martin. We were pleased with the quality and price. Even after the delivery charge and 20% gratuity, it was the most reasonably priced meal we had.

If you are traveling with family, on an extended visit, or if you're like me and hate feeling cramped, you can't go wrong at Garfield.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'll start off with the positives. The room was very clean, the staff very friendly and accommodating, and the shuttle service was great. Now for the neutrals/negatives...The thermostat didn't work for both rooms. The bedroom blasted hot air and the living room blasted cold. I considered calling the desk for help, but decided it wasn't a huge deal at the time. In the kitchen, drawer fronts were loose. This really wasn't a negative, particularly, but an observation none-the-less. Kitchen included glasses, mugs, plates, bowls, pots and pans, silverware and a few kitchen knives, a bottle opener, can opener, cooking spoons, toaster, microwave, coffee maker and dishwasher, along with the expected fridge, range and sink.

The bathroom was fine, but I did notice some mold across the top of the wall. The bathroom exhaust fan didn't seem to work and the bathroom is wall-papered. Wall-paper is really a bad idea for a bathroom. Again, not a complaint; just an observation. The shower had an adjustable massage-type shower head, which was very pleasant after a long day.

The living room was great--huge TV, comfortable sofa and chair. The dining set was ok, but the tabletop was wobbly. Dining chairs were comfortable.

The bedroom was very comfortable. Full closet, queen bed which I would have liked to take home with me, and tv and small chest of drawers. No complaints here, other than the hot air.

We needed a ride home from the convention center and the valet was quick and very friendly. The front desk staff and the bell-hops were very friendly and helpful with information and getting us checked in and out.

Overall, we do plan to stay here again next year when we come back to Cincinnati. The negatives weren't negative enough to warrant a formal complaint (although, had the weather been bad, I would have asked for the thermostat to be fixed), and for the price? Can't beat it. Others I knew who were in town for the same event but stayed at other hotels didn't have near the amenities the Garfield offered, and they paid the same, if not more, for their rooms.

If you're wanting up-to-the-minute decor and sheer perfection in every last detail, go find a hotel that offers that and be prepared to pay through the nose for it. If you want a comfy place to stay with an excellent hotel staff and the ability to prepare meals in the suite, and affordable parking, and affordable rates, reserve the Garfield.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Garfield Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!