I'll start off with the positives. The room was very clean, the staff very friendly and accommodating, and the shuttle service was great. Now for the neutrals/negatives...The thermostat didn't work for both rooms. The bedroom blasted hot air and the living room blasted cold. I considered calling the desk for help, but decided it wasn't a huge deal at the time. In the kitchen, drawer fronts were loose. This really wasn't a negative, particularly, but an observation none-the-less. Kitchen included glasses, mugs, plates, bowls, pots and pans, silverware and a few kitchen knives, a bottle opener, can opener, cooking spoons, toaster, microwave, coffee maker and dishwasher, along with the expected fridge, range and sink.
The bathroom was fine, but I did notice some mold across the top of the wall. The bathroom exhaust fan didn't seem to work and the bathroom is wall-papered. Wall-paper is really a bad idea for a bathroom. Again, not a complaint; just an observation. The shower had an adjustable massage-type shower head, which was very pleasant after a long day.
The living room was great--huge TV, comfortable sofa and chair. The dining set was ok, but the tabletop was wobbly. Dining chairs were comfortable.
The bedroom was very comfortable. Full closet, queen bed which I would have liked to take home with me, and tv and small chest of drawers. No complaints here, other than the hot air.
We needed a ride home from the convention center and the valet was quick and very friendly. The front desk staff and the bell-hops were very friendly and helpful with information and getting us checked in and out.
Overall, we do plan to stay here again next year when we come back to Cincinnati. The negatives weren't negative enough to warrant a formal complaint (although, had the weather been bad, I would have asked for the thermostat to be fixed), and for the price? Can't beat it. Others I knew who were in town for the same event but stayed at other hotels didn't have near the amenities the Garfield offered, and they paid the same, if not more, for their rooms.
If you're wanting up-to-the-minute decor and sheer perfection in every last detail, go find a hotel that offers that and be prepared to pay through the nose for it. If you want a comfy place to stay with an excellent hotel staff and the ability to prepare meals in the suite, and affordable parking, and affordable rates, reserve the Garfield.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garfield Suites Hotel is one of Cincinnati's best hotels for leisure and business travelers alike, as well as for extended-stay guests. Situated in the entertainment district near the casino and Reds stadium, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the only downtown Cincinnati hotel offering multiple room condo-suites compared to the standard hotel rooms that the national chains offer. If you want a lot of space and convenience at budget-friendly prices, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the best choice in downtown Cincinnati Ohio hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Garfield Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garfield Hotel Cincinnati
- Garfield Suites Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio