If you will be in downtown Cincinnati, definitely check out the Garfield Suites Hotel. They aren't associated with a hotel chain so they get their customers from providing outstanding customer service and accomodations at a great value.
We had a downtown wedding on 11/17/12 and my husband and I along with all of our out of town guests stayed at the Garfield Suites Hotel. I don't typically write reviews but we were all so impressed with our stay that I had to share.
Firstly, the location is ideal. Just a few blocks from Fountain Square and most downtown locations, it was very convenient. You can walk just about anywhere from the hotel but they also offer a complimentary shuttle to anywhere within a mile from the hotel. There is also a nice cafe attached to the hotel lobby that has breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as a bar. We've eaten there many times and the food is good and not overpriced. The hotel is also connected to the Garfield garage, which has affordable parking prices and it's nice to not have to rely soley on valet (although it is an option) or street parking.
The rooms are comfortable and very big. The suite set up is perfect. Each room has a kitchen and an area for entertaining. It worked out very well for our wedding guests that they could congregate in someone's room without having to take seats on beds and on the floor. I imagine this setup would be nice for any traveller though. I've traveled quite a bit with friends and It seems like whenever we go to a hotel and share a room, you end up with two beds in one tiny bedroom. At the Garfield Suites if you get a two-bedroom suite, it means there are literally two bedrooms, each with it's own comfy bed. It's so nice to have that privacy if you are sharing the suite with another couple or friend. Our guests had so many good things to say about their stays and they were very impressed with the economical pricing.
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, every staff member I had the pleasure of working with was so friendly and accomodating. They really went out of their way to make everyone's stay enjoyable. One staff member even let my father use his personal parking spot since it was the closest to the hotel and he was driving guests around all weekend. I worked with Mick Douthat and he was always very responsive and helpful. The whole staff definitely helped to make our wedding weekend perfect and I can't thank them enough!
- Also Known As:
- Garfield Hotel Cincinnati
- Garfield Suites Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garfield Suites Hotel is one of Cincinnati’s best hotels for leisure and business travelers alike, as well as for extended-stay guests. Rated the #1 Cincinnati hotel by TripAdvisor, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the only downtown Cincinnati hotel offering multiple room condo-suites compared to the standard hotel rooms that the national chains offer. If you want a lot of space and convenience at budget-friendly prices, The Garfield Suites Hotel is the best choice in downtown Cincinnati Ohio hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, TravelClick, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Garfield Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.