“Stay here often.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Garfield Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Garfield Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Garfield Suites Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Garfield Place, Downtown, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
“Stay here often.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

We stay here every time we are in Cincinnati. Love the views of downtown you get from the balconies. The rooms are clean. The staff is very nice and helpful. They will even offer to call a cab service if you call down and ask which company to use. The restaurant downstairs is really good too. I have no complaints.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Pittsburgh, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed with a few others one night here in summer 2011, in a standard 1 bedroom suite. Average prices seem to run $120-150 which is about average for the downtown area. The hotel itself is situated in an older building with a main entrance that is particularly easy to miss, with no parking circle or pull-in (luggage must be unloaded on the street). Self-parking is in the attached garage, costing a cheap $8 for 24 hours.

The lobby is small with one check in desk and some tables and chairs crammed into the space. At the time of my visit it felt very cramped and bare bones, but I hear that some remodeling has been done since then. The staff manning the front desk were quick, polite, and efficient, and in general the service is more than adquate at this hotel. I didn't get to try the cafe which sits off to the side of the lobby or the skyview gym/pool, but according to the others in my party those amenities are more than adequate. There is free wifi which was okay during the day but slowed down considerably at night, likely due to increased usage.

On its website, the Garfield Suites Hotel describes itself as a "16 story upscale hotel". My 1 bedroom suite was clean and comfortable but definitely not upscale. The living room consisted of an old blue lumpy sofa bed, a small desk, and a medium sized tube TV. The kitchen was functional but consisted of old wood veneer chipboard cabinets from the early 1990s. The bedroom and bathroom were both appropriately clean but again, very dated.

The Garfield Suites Hotel is an interesting beast. It is a great value considering that a full kitchen is bundled into each suite, with prices comparable to the better standard rooms available at other hotels downtown. However, it does try to market itself as an upscale hotel when the feel is of furnished apartments left over from the 1990s. And like I've said before in other reviews, downtown Cincinnati is limited in its attractions, but the location of this hotel provides easy access to the riverfront ballparks and freeways.

In conclusion, this hotel is great for families and groups who are looking for clean downtown accommodations for a good value and consistent service, and don't mind severely outdated rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Lake Forest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were in town for a wedding and the hotel was chosen for the event.
Rooms were dirty and very shabby, the dresser drawers were filthy.
Kind of a bad neighborhood too, probably fine during the work week but scary on the weekend and at night -walking from the garage to the hotel I almost stepped on a homeless person sleeping in the alleyway.
Bath was clean and the beds were fine and the staff was helpful and very friendly on the plus side.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I recently stayed here for the 1st time & was very pleased w/ my stay. I was there for a convention at the Duke Energy Center, & it was well worth the extra walking distance from this hotel rather than hotels that are closer to it. It was very nice & convenient having a full kitchen. I was able to bring my own food & save a lot of money. There were plates, cups, & eating utensils in the drawers/cabinets as well. It was a great room to come back to in the evenings & relax. It was all very clean. There is also a restaurant downstairs. In the past when I've stayed in Cincy & eaten out, a lot of restaurants are expensive. The restaurant here was very reasonably priced & the food was excellent! The staff was excellent; every person I encountered was very friendly & helpful. This will be my hotel of choice in the Cincinnati area from now on, hands down!

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony. It really wasn't much of a balcony, very small & no chairs, but nice...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My Wife and I needed a quick getaway from the stress of the work week and thought we'd try this downtown hotel out. I'm so glad we did because we found a good spot! For what you get and the price I would bet it cant be beat in town. We had a 2 bedroom suite that was much larger than we expected (we could have lived there). The room was fully furnished even complete with a full kitchen with utesils. The room and the whole hotel is very clean, well kept and very comfortable. Two other things to note is the front desk help cared about the people he was serving as they asked directions for places to walk in town and I would absolutely go back just to eat in the restauant....it was again amazing for the price. I would recommend this place to all my friends and even families that want to stay in a nice place thats affordable downtown Cincinnati.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here many times for downtown Cincinnati events. The rooms are large and well-equipped, with full kitchens. Many have balconies overlooking downtown. For the price, this is a wonderful choice. Their lobby was recently remodeled so I am hopeful they will renovate the rooms next, as they are both out dated and slightly run down. That said, we are always very comfortable and the rooms are quite clean. The staff have always been friendly and accommodating. The hotel is within blocks of all sporting events, bars, and restaurants downtown. Parking in the attached garage is a good option, or they will valet for $21 a day. There is a restaurant downstairs, and they offer room service. Though we have stayed other places downtown, the Garfield continues to be our go-to hotel.

Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel in February and it was my first at Cincinnati, I chose Garfield depend on the reviews I saw in the web, I found what I was expecting ( rooms, staff, service, location) and I'm sure I will choose it for my next stay at Cincinnati

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Garfield Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!