“Loved The Garfield Suites Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garfield Suites Hotel

You added Garfield Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Garfield Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Garfield Place, Downtown - Entertainment District, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Special Rate
Free Balcony Upgrade!
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Janesville, WI
“Loved The Garfield Suites Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

We stayed at The Garfield Suites Hotel from 1/9 thru 1/12/08 and were truly impressed. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful and the suite we had was marvelous! The location was only 4 blocks from the convention center and they provided a shuttle if we chose not to walk. Their restaurant had a good breakfast at a reasonable price and the wait staff was helpful and friendly. I highly recommend staying there!

• Liked — Penthouse Suite was the most beautiful
  • Disliked — nothing to not like
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Oviedo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

The staff there was amazing! Darren was very polite friendly and helpful. We had 4 ladies staying in the room but only one person's name was on the reservation. He called us personally when one of the ladies showed up on her own to be sure he could give her a key to the room. When we first got up to our room, he called to see if everything was to our liking. The first morning we tripped a breaker in the bathroom and they sent engineering up immediately to fix it. I just can't say enough about the desk staff, the cleaning staff and the person who drove us to the conference center daily, John the driver was just so polite! Thank you so much for making my first trip to Cincinnati so pleasurable. This was a Pampered Chef conference and most of the 3000 attendees were staying at the Millenium and Hyatt hotels. They did not have near the service we did. Thank you.

Oh, and the penthouse suite was awesome!!!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

Because a room wasn't ready early for check-in, the manager upgraded to the penthouse suite, with 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a full kitchen, large living room with fireplace and a walk-out patio! It was a fabulous two-story suite upgrade for the same price they quoted us initially - only $99 a night.
The staff was courteous and very willing to help us out with free, daily shuttle service to the conference center, then giving us their phone number to call for a return ride. They were happy to shuttle us around town, also. John, the shuttle driver, was happy to answer our questions, and give us recommendations.
The restaurant has very good prices, with large quantities of food. Again, friendly staff!
The atmosphere was truly customer service friendly, and we were always greeted with a warm welcome when entering the hotel.
Would definitely return if visiting Cincinnati again!

orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

Excellent & friendly service. They went above and beyond. From shuttling us around town to giving us great advice on the local food establishments.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

We were in Cincy for the Bengal/Rams game. Third game this year, third loss...yuk!!! Anyways, we had a two-room suite with full kitchen and balcony. It was clean and had everything we needed. It is an older building but if you know that going in, I think you will be fine. We are not ones to complain about peeling paint or wallpaper, in a building that old. The shower was hot, the beds were comfy and the TV worked. There were four of us and I think my only complaint, it’s not really a complaint, but four people, and one bathroom took some strategy. "Are you done?" "Are you sure?" Luckily, I was with my sister so sharing a bathroom is old hat. The lobby is nice, decorated for Christmas. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful, when needed. The downstairs bar had great Mojitos and the food was equally as good. One note, we ordered room service our last morning and it was delivered in plastic bags. No tray, forgotten condiments but the food was edible and we were in a hurry. The only vending was below the lobby so we just had to remember to get what we needed for the next morning, the night before. ie. diet coke, water, etc... The location was perfect. We just walked down to the river, right between Paul Brown and Great American, no problems. We walked across the river to the only Hooters on a barge, what a blast, and in Kentucky now. Went to Claudaugh's in the mall, blast again. Went over to the Hofbrau house (only 3 in the world), you guessed it, blast again. Needless to say...we needed a taxi to get back. There must be a reason the Garfield Suites is number one on trip advisor…it had everything we needed and more than we expected.

• Liked — The location adn the Mojitos!!!
  • Disliked — One bathroom.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

Staying close to home this year for New Years, and looking for a nice hotel I found this to be a nice option for what I was looking for. Found this for $79 a night for New Years eve. Having only a 20 minute drive from our house, I didn't want to be driving home after a night of libations, so we booked this hotel, as it seemed a decent choice. We pulled up to hotel on Vine and 8th, a decent area, decorated trees lining the streets with many Christmas lights. Pulled up to valet, and was greeted by John. So happens that John is also my limo driver throughout the past 7 years, and I was suprised to see him, as he was to see me. Told me he occasionally works here, and we talked awhile. Nice to see him again. He grabbed our bag and walked us to the front desk, and was greeted by a friendly staff. Hotel lobby is small, a little dated, but was what it was. Seemed clean, nice little restaurant attached. Seemed quaint and cozy. We went up to the room, but elevators took about 3 minutes to come down to lobby. I would think this was to being a fully boooked hotel, and serving I think 14 to 15 floors. Elevators were oak inside, a bit worn, but nice. Went to our room(suite) as all are suites. Ours was a 1 bedroom. Has a kitchen, stove, seperate bedroom with door, a huge closet, and bath. It was clean and tidy. The rooms were dated, and the bath needs to be really updated. No marble, but warped vanitiy, water stained wood, just not too appealing looking. But, for $79 a night, and for 1 night it was fine. The bedroom, was nice, plain, nothing special. The t.v had 30 channels, the heater was a floor wall unit that was fine. The bath room as stated was dated, but clean. Carpets were as one expected, but still decent. Had a view out of the bedroom, and sitting area of downtown, but no balcony. Since it was a 1 bedroom, and we had no guests, this was not a problem, but highly suggest a room with a balcony. Went down stairs, again slow elevators, but not a problem. They called us a taxi, and it was there in 5 minutes. Went to a local bar called Twist on 4th street, which is attached to and owned by Jean Robert at Pigalls. Cincinnatis leading restaurant. A must if you are in Cincinnati. Came back after 3 am, went right up to the room, but room keys(2) now didn't worked, so went back down, and they recoded the keys, and we were finally in the room by 3:15 am. Slept nice and warm. Next morning woke up, called valet, car ready in 3 minutes. Paid the front desk, and they gave me a complimentary Cincinnati Enquirer. Overall, a nice 3 star hotel, with attentive staff. Rooms are what they are for the price. Never tried room service, but would assume would be nice also. I would stay here again for what I used it for, but it is not as nice as the Hyatt, or Omni Hilton, but this hotel doesnt pretend to be those hotels. It is a great buy for the money. Especially if you have a small family, as the rooms are huge.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Bathrooms and rooms needed some updating soon
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
detroit, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

Our family was travelling to Cincinnati, Ohio to attend an annual gymanstics meet. We usually stay at one of the "recommended" hotel designated by the meet sponsor. I had a reservation at one of those hotels but found the price and parking cost somewhat pricey. I have stayed at those hotels in the passed and they are very nice but we were looking for something different. We certainly found it. I surfed the web and discovered the Garfield Suites Hotel Website. I read the internet info and checked out the pricing which certainly fit in our price range. I read the reveiws at this website and I took the plunge! I booked the room and was very surprised when we checked in. The front desk staff was extremely pleasant and more than accomodating. The room was spotless! We have stayed in other condo suites but not like this one! Full size frig, full size oven and dishwasher along with a microwave. There was even a dining area with a full size table. We loved the separate bedroom, down the hall, away from the living room.

We received a phone call from the front desk shortly after arriving in our room asking if we were satisifed and if we needed anything. I don't ever recall receiving a phone call from the front desk unless they are returning my call. The hotel staff was very friendly, no matter what time of day I encountered them. Starbucks coffee is available at the restaurant next to the lobby.

The parking on the weekend was very economical. The workout facility was great! The location is convenient to anything downtown - 3 blocks to Fountain Square - 8 blocks to the Riverfront.

The Garfield Suites is the by far the best value in town. If you are attending any of the festivals or activities in downtown Cincinnati, I urge you to give the Garfield Suites a try. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel tremendously. I have recommended this hotel to our Travel Coordintor for next year's return trip to the gymnastic's meet. I will certainly stay at the Garfield Suites Hotel on my return trip to downtown Cincinnati.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing............
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Garfield Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!