“Tried it, but was not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
West Chester, Ohio
“Tried it, but was not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

After two years living in the Cincinnati area, I decided to try Vitor's brunch. After reading the reviews I was expecting great flavor, but it just did not happen. We had made reservations and were seated within a reasonable time, but had to wait a long time for our breakfast.My french toasts were good, but the Italian pannini my mother ordered was too salty. The other sandwich was salty as well. The service was good but the food was just average.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great Experience and Wonderful Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I hosted a group of four for the 5-course meal fall menu. Two of the four were new to Vitor's and apprehensive about having a set menu. Our waitor could not have made the evening any more enjoyable! He was fantastic with the newbies and put their food fears to rest. The food was exceptional as always. I can't wait to host another group there again!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Amazing find rustic with good food and an ever changing menue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This out of the way bistro is situated in a small shopping area. Its exterior does little to suggest that the bistro is a European oasis of calm and good food. First impressions are of a classic bistro with miss matched furniture and china until you look closer and realize it’s all a cleaver illusion.
We had the 5 course sampler you are at the mercy of the kitchen as to what you get! The chef decides taking into account allergies and dislikes- so as the evening progresses other tables around you get different selections. Makes for great people watching as you crane your neck to see the latest plate leave the kitchen. I was very impressed with our meal but, and this is not a criticism, if you go for dinner the table is your for the night and you will not be served quickly through the courses instead it’s a leisurely excursion like being in a French bistro-so if you are in a hurry tell them but this is not a dinner place to rush.
The ever changing menu gives a fantastic foray into classical bistro food with amazing flair. The flavor combos are out of this word and the range on the menu will keep everyone happy.
We were also fortunate to sample the breakfast menu. Starting at a leisurely 10:30am first sitting we were served lovely smooth coffee and given a substantial breakfast/ brunch/ lunch menu. The classics were all included but we indulged in the Asian inspired rice and egg dishes as well as the crab crepes. A truly masterful take on breakfast and an excursion to other parts of the world- while familiar with other cultures dinner items it was truly a delight to sample their breakfast items.
Service personnel are a little undertrained and we did have some interesting conversations about why we wanted clean cutlery for dessert but the staff was obliging fun and happy and it gives you something to interact over- my experience here made me feel like I was on holiday, so whats not to like

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“great leisurely dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

second visit to this great little restaurant. this time we dined outside on the patio. Food was great and liked the personal attention from the owner. Very creative seasonal menu. Loved the fried green tomato salad, the raviolli appetizer & of course the french toast dessert. Service was a little slow. We had to ask twice for refills on our wine.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
“Fantastic food, amateur service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

First and foremost the food was outstanding. We went for Sunday brunch to celebrate my grandfathers 85th birthday, and had a large group of 16. This was highly recommended, and I a very happy we gave it a try. However, the service was the slowest I have ever experienced: the owner/chef forgot our reservation so we had to wait 20 minutes until we could sit down. Once we ordered we waited over an hour for our food, the place was not busy and it seemed even difficult to have our water refilled. The owner came out 2/3 the way through and said he apologized but the food was in its way and they were working on it, we waited another 20, with no offering of extra doughnuts (which were amazing) or anything else to tide us over. Also, they DO NOT have a liquor license, not that it mattered for our purposes, but please be aware if you were looking forward to a bmary or mimosa! Finally, we ate and left at 130 and got there before 11am! The check was NOT discounted until my Aunt specifically asked, and they gave her a 75$ gift card. Again, I hope this was an exception and they were just understaffed because the didn't have out large party "in the book." I would go back with my husband for a date only if we confirmed the reservation the day of and they got their license back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere