“GREAT BYOB” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Cincinnati, Ohio
“GREAT BYOB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I love going to Ruthai’s alone or with friends. They have great sushi and Thai food. The place is rather small and can get crowded from time to time. Bring your own beer or wine as they don’t service alcohol. No corkage fee!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
cinci
“Best Thai restaurant here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I am writing this review as a local. I go here with friends often. It is a family owned one shop restaurant [not a chain] in Mt. Lookout Square. I always prefer mom & pop restaurants and coffee shops as they are unique in every way. The food is great. The entrees and the soups I have tried are very good. I have eaten at other Thai places but I definitely prefer this over the rest in the city. A unique feature is that they also have a section of traditional seating where you remove your footwear and sit on the floor. Very unique and traditional.

Visited December 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Thai Food in Town and Reasonable Prices Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

We went to dinner this evening at Ruthai's, which we first visited last year at our daughter's suggestion when I commented that our favorite Cincinnati Thai restaurants seemed to be turning into greasy spoons with an excess of oil. Although the surroundings are modest, the food is exceptional: a large varieity of fresh, beautifully presented large portions of very tasty dishes. We tried the Emerald Curry tonight with duck as well as the Pad Thai (yes, we are that boring), and had some chicken satay for an appetizer. The curry flavors were piquant and the presentation lovely on a long S-shaped platter with an enormous variety of fresh vegetables, including eggplant, snow peas and green beans perfectly cooked. The satays were the largest four skewers of perfectly-prepared chicken that I have ever seen. Pleasant efficient servers, and very reasonable prices.

cincinnati
“My favorite restaurant in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

My wife and I absolutely love Ruthai's Thai Kitchen. It is like a hidden little gem in the town of Mt. Lookout. We have eaten there probably 10 times, and every single time our meal is out of this world; we've never been disappointed. The food always comes out in unique and interesting dishes. Also, Ruthai's is BYOB, so you can pick up a 6-pack of a nice beer or a bottle of wine next door at the UDF. The owners are so friendly and also the sushi is phenomenal. They also have very good bubble tea and smoothies. If you want to get eclectic, you can opt to sit at one of the three traditional low-to-the-floor tables.

Apparently there is a monday lunch buffet, but I have never tried it out. My wife is in love with the Tornoado Scallops, and I dream about the Chicken Thai Spicy for days after I have it :)

Louisville, Kentucky
“Yummy lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I stumbled on this hole in the wall place when walking around Mt Lookout. I had the Shrimp Salad ($10) which was a delicious mixture of julienned vegetables, cilantro and 5 HUGE shrimp in a delicious, tangy and flavorful light dressing. Muthai waited on me and asked how spicy I wanted my food. Nice touch! This is authentic food at it's best with very reasonable prices.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere