“If you're up late, this is the place for you” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Cincinnati, Ohio
“If you're up late, this is the place for you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The sushi is pretty good, but the best thing about this place is the specials and the hours of operation. It's the only place in a Cincy that you can get sushi after 1AM (and not get food poisoning) AND it's half price. Really fun place to go after a club to grab a bite, but it can get crowded so be willing to sit at the bar.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio
“about the best we've found in Ohio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

If you're looking for sushi in Ohio, it's time to lower your expectations. We're several hundred miles from the ocean here, we're just not going to get the same quality, portions and prices as Florida and California. In that perspective, we find Dancing Wasabi to be acceptable, the best we've found in Cincinnati for sushi.

It's in a trendy part of town, street and lot parking available, has a large, busy dining room. Friendly staff, decent fish but I thought the portions were small for the price---until I got the bill and found that it's "half-price" sushi, all of the time. What? It makes it difficult to guess how much food you're going to receive. I forgot about the "half-price" part of it and ordered about $18 worth of sushi for myself. (unlike a 12 oz ribeye, it's anyone's guess how much food "two pieces" of tuna is). Food comes and you're disappointed with the value. Bill comes and it's much cheaper than you thought. Dancing Wasabi tricks fat American pigs like me into eating less.

We'll be back but next time we'll play their game.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We recently went here to the one in Hyde Park. Have not been to the one in Mt Lookout. This one is excellent. The prices are really good and the sushi is wonderful. The martini's were one of the best ever. Very contemporary decor, atmosphere is inviting. Going back again this week!

• Visited July 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Sushi at great prices!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Dancing Wasabi is one of the best places to get good fresh sushi. My family and I have gone several times this month. We've gone to the one in Mt Lookout-more family oriented and the one in Hyde Park, more adult oriented on Friday and Saturday nights. Dancing Wasabi Offers 1/2 off their sushi everyday after 5:00-great deal!! We usually order the Sunday Morning-good for kids, the Bengal Roll-spicy, excellenty and partially deep fried, The Red Doulbe Roll, the Philly Roll and Spicy California are also some of our favorites! The service is excellent, staff is very friendly and we just love this place. I could really eat here everynight!! To feed my family of four, including salads and sodas, our bill is about $35-$40 and we get a lot of food!! I would reccomend this place for anyone that loves sushi and for newbies-just try it and you will love it!!

• Visited July 2011
Kentucky
“Dancing Wasabi has great food, ambiance, and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I went to Dancing Wasabi on a recommendation of a friend, and found the place to be very good. The food was excellent. The sushi is the best around. The service was top notch. The waiter, Andrew, made recommendations that led me to believe he had special powers that allowed him to know what I would like. It is a small place, and tends to get a little close, but it feels right. It reminds me of Fish in NYC.
I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an adventure in food.