“Great italian” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
520 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
+1 513-721-8483
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,740 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
London, United Kingdom
“Great italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I came across this place after travelling to Cincinnati from the UK so it had been a long day, and they provided just what I needed. Although the greeter seemed a little surprised that I wanted a table for dinner (strange that you should need to be asked what you want when you enter a restaurant!) but I was seated efficiently. The server was great and the food excellent. I had the wild boar tagiatelli and the portion size was just perfect and very tasty. Dessert was also good. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive. All in all a good experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Detroit Metro Area
“GREAT food & ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Amazing food, trendy, upscale, great service. Executive Chef/Owner makes the rounds on the floor to make sure you are happy. Very very busy, rather nosiy. Great decor. Would ABSOLUTELY return. Only thing that happened that should have been corrected was that my 2nd glass of a nice Italian red had a lot of sediment in the bottom. Didn't find it til my last swallow, & I did NOT swallow it, thank you very much. Our waiter seemed disturbed & embarassed, ran around with the glass like he was going to show it to someone or do something about it, but never did. This is NOT acceptable at such a fine restaurant & with an otherwise outsanding experience. He was a very good waiter too. But this should have been addressed by the management in a positive way; an apology, or take the wine off my bill, just for good relations. I'm not the type to loudly make a big deal of, but just to sit there & hope the right the wrong. I'm sure the Chef/Owner would not have liked this.

Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food and ambiance; fresh, new place where most of the restos are old and shoddy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went here twice this week during a business trip; once alone and another with a group. Tried the tagliatelle with wild boar but found it too overwhelming. Tiramisu was too creamy. I was about to scratch this resto off my list after the dismal experience. However, second visit for a business dinner was much better. Had the Goat Cheese Salad which was really delicious! Had the Ravioli with Spinach and Cheese and shavings of truffle and that was great too! The pasta was al dente and the filling was savory, with a light sauce. I loved my second meal here so it vindicated the first, disappointing experience. We were a group of eight and the chef gave us a complimentary dessert, dates filled with mascarpone cheese and some bourbon sauce. It was delicious as well.

The place is bright and well maintained which is really refreshing since a lot of restos in downtown Cincinnati around this one are quite dark and old. The resto has big, floor to ceiling windows and some outdoor seating at the second floor balcony, giving a view of Fountain Square.

I would return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“FANTASTICO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had no idea Cincinnati had such fantastic food. I was traveling alone and wanted to eat somewhere nearby my hotel. I made an early reservation, imagining I'd be all alone in the restaurant. No way! This place hops. The wait staff is very attentive, the pours are grandioso, and please do get the sea bass. You will NEVER look back!

Visited March 2013
“One visit and you'll fall in love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I was in cincinnati for a convention Thursday and stopped in for a late dinner. Met chef christian and had an absolutely delicious meal! However, what set it apart from the rest was the amazing service i received. My waitress was amazing, she was knowledgeable and super friendly. We never needed for anything. Definately, service to remember.... Thanks to the chef for the amazing meal and Ashley for service to match!

• Visited April 2013