“Not quite perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Via Vite

Via Vite
520 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
+1 513-721-8483
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Via Vite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,750 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cross street: On Fountain Square, Fifth & Vine Streets
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not quite perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sunday night, party of 6 for a special occasion - food was great, nice table, lovely dessert on the house for the honoree, 1/2 price bottles of wine, not too busy so we could hear each other - a solid 4/5 stars. The things that bugged me: asked for pepper that never came, bathroom is for one person and needs a freshening (paint, etc.), our waiter had a trainee who never smiled (maybe he was very nervous), so any little kids (I thought it was more of an adult venue but that was my fault), we had called for a reservation and was told nothing until 5:45 p.m. - arrived about 5:20 p.m. and they were able to seat us as the restaurant was only 1/2 full - curious or did they know they would not be fully-staffed?. From everything I had heard I was expecting perfection but the overall package did not deliver BUT THE FOOD IS FABULOUS, and the portions are very generous so we ordered a pizza, several entrees, the caramelized brussel sprouts, etc. and shared.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

cincinnati,ohio
“Downtown Cincy excellant dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Via Vite is a casual, elegant delighful eatery on Fountain SQ. Via Vite is consistant in it's service and quality of food. The place is always packed, upbeat and busy but the service is always top notch,the wait staff knowleable of food and wine pairings and the food well prepared.The scallops, any pasta dish, and lamb shanks are our favorites!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
northern kentucky
“Can't believe I haven't reviewed this earlier.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Been here many times, and always happy to go back again. Everything on the menu is good. I can't really do justice to the food to describe it myself, but I recommend looking at the menu on the restaurant website. I simply don't have the required vocabulary. I've never eaten as well in Italy as I do here. Everything is hand-made and perfectly prepared and served. The wine list is good. The staff is professional. You can park underground immediately below.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Tomato pepper yellowtail app was worth going back for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Good meal. Would recommend. Walking up to the place made me slightly worried because of location and smell of the area but once inside, the worries vanished. We had the ravioli and pasta with veal meatball. Well prepared and tasty.

usa
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on fri night on the advice of Hilton hotel staff. We enjoyed the fri night
Pasta selection of lasagne. It was served piping hot. The pizza looked great and would try it next time
Service was good.