“Why would you stay anywhere else?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaslight Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cincinnati
Gaslight Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Gaslight Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
3652 Middleton Avenue, Gaslight district, Cincinnati, OH 45220 (Clifton)   |
Ranked #3 of 16 Cincinnati B&B and Inns
Champaign, IL
“Why would you stay anywhere else?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I fell in love with the Gaslight B&B the moment we arrived. The original second and third floors were destroyed in a fire. The owners took this opportunity to create an enchanting B&B with unexpected spaces, delightful angles in the ceilings, sky lights, and charm. Each room is unique, tastefully and artistically decorated with pops of whimsy throughout. The result is an enchanting homey atmosphere with eclectic furnishings. We stayed in the Jewel Room for two nights and I wanted to take the whole room home. We did not have the pleasure of meeting Scott, but Maria made us feel like family and prepared wonderful breakfasts! As you can see by other reviews, EVERYONE loves Maria!! The rooms are all immaculate and the whole place smells good all the time. The area is lovely with little shops and restaurants within walking distance. We will definitely be making the trip again to stay with Maria at the Gaslight B&B

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
subway_kayak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I decided to take a quick 2-day field trip to Cincy after a week-long business trip in Indy and as a solo traveler, was trying to decide where to stay... downtown or in the "Gaslight District"?! I'm so pleased I chose the Gaslight, as it is a lovely suburban neighborhood with beautiful turn-of-the-century multi-story homes and apartment buildings just a couple minutes' walk from Ludlow St., which has a handful of restaurants, a great indie movie theatre, etc. Maria's B&B was just wonderful. Already perched high above the street with stone steps leading up to the front door, I had the room on the very top floor and felt like I was in a tree house, complete with skylight! The room was impeccably clean and beautiful decorated, 4-post dark wood bed, awesome private bath.. it was a perfect escape after a long week of work. It's a fairly quick and straight-forward drive into downtown (I enjoyed an evening play at the Aronoff Center). The highlight was breakfast with proprietor Maria and a couple other guests. Maria made a delicious quiche and scrumptious peach tart... really a very thoughtful home-cooked breakfast that can't be replicated in a hotel. Definitely Recommend for a Cozy Stay!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Each year we return to the Gaslight during the Macy's Music Festival and each year we have a great experience. Maria and Scott are great host. Their home is welcoming and the food is delicious. The rooms and bedding are very comfortable. This year we brought friends along and they all enjoyed their stay. We look forward to returning each year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Maria was the best part of this layover to rest before we went on to another city for our vacation, she is so interesting. I would have stayed another two nights on our way back home but the stairs were too much for my disabled husband.
Everything was wonderful except the bed, it was way too soft for us. I would highly recommend this place over any other in Cincinnati if you can take the steps.
Maria and Scott have a great place for a layover or a stay in Cincy.

Room Tip: All rooms ok.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Gaslight Bed and Breakfast is charming from the time you walk into the front door until you leave. Maria and Scott have unique decorating style. Each room is an experience itself. They fix a great breakfast and have plenty of towels. The temperature is comfortable. Plenty of late snacks and movies if wanted. I would recommend this place to anyone. Also, there is a small neighborhood area within walking distance that offers opportunities to take in some Cincinnati culture.

• Stayed February 2013
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at this B&B. I'm a lover of B&B's while my husband is more of a hotel person; however he said he would go back. The house is in a great neighborhood within walking distance to the town. There are a lot of stares to get to the house and inside. The stairs are not really a negative just a forewarning to those with knee issues. We stayed in The Jewel Room on the 3rd floor. Some pros and cons of our stay are listed below.

Pros:
*extremely clean! This is HUGE for me as I despise B&B's that are run down.
*The owners are extremely nice and helpful when asking questions about the town and surrounding areas.
*Breakfast is great! I'm a vegetarian which I forgot to mentioned when we booked but each day it was easy to eat the way I wanted.
*Private porch off the Jewel Room is awesome.
*They have a selection of snacks and drinks free to guests to use.

Cons:
*The TV's are extremely outdated. They have a small DVD selection but those are outdated as well.
*The room isn't arranged to be functionally. After angling the bed, moving a desk, and inching the TV closer we could finally see the movie we were watching.
*Parking is on the street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Gaslight Bed and Breakfast for 4 nights in August while dropping our daughter at UC. We had a delightful visit - our room was lovely and breakfast was always delicious. The location is convenient to the university. Our host is so charming and helpful (she answered countless questions about Cincinnati and Clifton and was a great source of information), and really made our visit special. We will definitely stay here whenever we visit Cincinnati.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gaslight Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!