“Great food.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Eagle has great food an a variety of craft beer. The kitchen makes few things, but they make them right: fried chicken and traditional comfort food sides. There is a large variety of bottled and draft beer and a great bourbon selection. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited July 2014

Cincinnati, OH
“Go for the chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were at this place early on a Friday afternoon so we didn't have to wait for a table. It wasn't too crowded when we got there, but things really picked up around 5:30. We had a large group. The majority of us got the fried chicken and then ordered several of the sides to share. The chicken is excellent with a slightly spicy touch. Be careful if you use the honey that comes with it....it really packs a punch and is super hot! We got the mac and cheese, collard greens, and spoon bread (sweet cornbread). Don't let the inexpensive prices fool you. There was plenty to go around because the portions are quite generous! I'll definitely go back for lunch and dinner...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milford, Ohio
“Good but not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

First of all let me mention that I have lived in Cincinnati for most of my 54 years and I think it is GREAT to see this part of Town be revitalized! Twenty years ago you did not dare walk these streets alone. Now there are many restaurants, coffee houses, and refurbed apartments and Condos around the area. My son and I went to the Eagle after hearing all the hoopla over the fried chicken. Indeed for whatever reason you simply do not see fried chicken on too many menus these days. The chicken WAS good but not great in my opinion. You could certainly taste the red pepper as it had a definite "bite"! The cheese grits were awesome and the spoonbread was very good. My son had the collard greens and I thought those could have been cooked more. Not really a "beer hall" as they had maybe a dozen or 15 beers on tap....good selection though. We went on a Monday night early and the place was PACKED...nice to see in Cincinnati!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“New restaurant in an old part of town... but the food is worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food at The Eagle is great... but unless you "knew" they had good food (or food at all), you would miss out because it LOOKS just like a beer bar from the outside. Now.. while it does have beer, and is labeled a "beer hall" the FOOD is fab. It is southern comfort food at it's finest. The fried chicken is spicy and comes with a tasty (even spicier) dipping sauce. The sides include collard greens, sweet potatoes, Mac and cheese, cole slaw and spoon bread. Everything is tasty and served in a timely manner. My one complaint is that they don't serve dessert... (but there is a Graeter's across the street)
The Eagle is located in the Over the Rhine area of Cincinnati. A neighborhood that "back in the day" you would never walk around in let alone go to a restaurant in but Cincinnati is slowly changing and adding great restaurants like The Eagle to get people back downtown.
I LOVE The Eagle and would recommend eating there... if you are visiting the Cincinnati area, or if you live in Cincinnati and have not been in the downtown area lately.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Well worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had the Fried Chicken sandwich, Macaroni and cheese and collards. Others in my party had Pork sandwich and corn bread. Everything was phenomenal. We, party of 5 arrived on a busy Thursday night. We were told and hour to hour and a half wait. So we got a pitcher of the house LIT and waited. There is a spot to wait outside but with rain pending we opted to hang out near the bar.The wait staff was great. The restaurant is small thus adding to the noise and wait times.
$9 for a chicken sandwich isn't bad but when you add a side at $4 each it gets up there. The menu is limited but perfect selection. Lots of beers to choose from.