“I recommend Long Johns Silver” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mc Cormick & Schmick's

Mc Cormick & Schmick's
21 E 5th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)
(513) 721-9339
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mc Cormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #280 of 1,653 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Transit: There is a Metro bus stop located one block east of the restaurant.
Description: McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant is located at 21 East Fifth Street, directly across the street from Fountain Square, close to Tower Place, the Convention Center & the Aronoff Center for the Arts. McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant serves more than 30 varieties of fresh fish & seafood flown in from both U.S. & international waters, available from menus that change DAILY. In addition to delicious seafood, we serve tempting pasta, poultry & beef specialties, prepared using fresh ingredients & served in a timeless & traditional presentation. We offer a private dining room that can accommodate groups of up to 160 guests. The restaurant provides custom designed menus that offer a variety of options to satisfy every guest.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“I recommend Long Johns Silver”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had dinner reservations, the place was not busy but we had a 20 minute wait for some unforseen reason, We were seated and we did enjoy our server he was very nice and cordial. Only after that was when I should have gone to Long Johns for a compariable dinner.I did make a complaint on McCormicks web site but like anything else they don't seemed to be concerned. So I strongly suggest that there are better seafood places with a much better attitude towards how to please a customer..

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Milford, Ohio
“Going DOWNHILL”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I have never been a fan of the entrees here (we ate dinner 4 times here and TWICE the fish was still partially frozen) BUT the drinks at the bar and the appetizers were top shelf. NO MORE...........the drinks are half the portion they used to be and so are the appetizers. My son in law had a hamburger which used to be huge and now it was all burned up and slightly bigger than a White Castle. We won't go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“worth the cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

It is expensive, but since the seafood/fish is flown in fresh everyday, you can tell. for me, it is a place for special occassions. i have read that their happy hour has some good deals. i will try that some time.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“easy tasty and quick.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went to this place for a meal on my own. They have a reasonable choice of foods, mainly seafoods. I had a plain grilled fish which was simple and very tasty. They also had a local craft beer which they allowed me to taste before I ordered it, which I appreciated. I had a berry creme brulee dessert which wasn't quite as good as I expected, presumably due to out-of-season fruit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The food here is very good. The service is spotty. Sometimes it's great, other times, not so much. And it's pretty pricey.

Visited November 2012