“Don't expect me to go back there” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Boca

Boca
114 East 6th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Oakley)
513-542-2022
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Boca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,742 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Oakley
Cross street: Between Main and Walnut
Description: Italian food with heart, elegance, and authenticity. Details and passion drive our team to create an extraordinary dining experience. The daily changing menu offers authentic Italian cuisine fashioned with contemporary French technique. Boca is for your special occasions, for meeting up with loved ones, and for anyone who revels in food, drink, and service.
Cincinnati, OH
“Don't expect me to go back there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The food is so terrible I can't remember when I've had worse. I was stunned that food that was supposed to be "Italian" could be so bland. How is that possible?

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Hands-down my favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Moving to Cincinnati, I was apprehensive about the local restaurant scene, as everyone brags about their neighborhood being a test market for new chains (there are some decent chains, but the local places always have my heart). The food is creative and just wonderful, the sommelier is incredibly knowledgeable and the service is fantastic. Boca wins as my favorite Cincinnati restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paris, France
“Still the best in town..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have been going to Boca for several years and it is still the most creative and enjoyable restaurant in Cincinnati. Meals are innovative, service is pleasant and helpful, the sommelier is knowledgeable and clearly loves his job and the wine list is ample and fairly priced. Desserts could use a make-over. It is a pleasure to dine at Boca.

I am told that they are soon moving to downtown Cincinnati to occupy the space formerly held by such landmarks of a prior (and very much less discerning) time: La Maisonnete and Le Normandie. In a way, Cincinnati dining comes full circle. I hope that the feeling and "scene" will not be lost in the move. We will try it again when we are back in town in a year or so.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southern US
“Imperfect but excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The Good: Service was amazingly good, All four courses were interesting and very tasty, fine wine selection and drinks
The: Noisy, Warm, Pricey.

My wife and I went to Boca for date night and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Be warned it is expensive ($100 each for 4 courses, drinks and coffee) but we found it a good value. The service could hardly have been better with quick service, just the right level of attention and exceptional knowledge on the servers part. We each had separate choices for each course and there were no poor dishes. The Mezzaluna, the Creme Fresh and the Fillet were really superior. The portions are "California Sized" but the courses left us happily full. We are well traveled foodies and we've seldom had a better meal.

The kitchen is open to the dining area so the restaurant is noisier than I would like. I was also a bit warmer than comfort on our night.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Erlanger, Kentucky
“It is really that good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Went to Boca a number of years ago and knew that I liked it. With them moving into a bigger location soon, I wanted to get the experience in a more cozy setting.

Service was great from the minute I walked in, to waiting at the bar, while having the menu explained to us and being attended to while we ate.

The poached egg salad was very flavorful and they split it for us even. Followed that up with the sea scallop over candied Brussels sprouts. The scallop was seared perfectly and I'm sure the sprouts were delicious as the table next to us was raving about them but not so great for me. Main course for her was the Mediterranean Sea bass that was light and delicious. I had the filet with king crab that was excellent. Finally we had the dessert trio to get a little of everything, cheesecake, mousse, and creme bruele.

The pricing is a on the online menu and not terrible by any means.

I hope its a good transition downtown.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere