“A special 33rd Aniversary Dinner.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orchids at Palm Court

Orchids at Palm Court
35 W 5th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2801 (Central Business District)
513-421-9100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Orchids at Palm Court is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,656 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Race Street
Transit: TANK bus stop across Race Street. Metro bus stop within one block.
Description: Orchids at Palm Court is an award-winning fine dining restaurant located in the National Historic Landmark Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza. Executive Chef Todd Kelly is the American Culinary Federation's 2011-2012 USA Chef of the Year, the highest honor given by the 50,000+ chef organization. “Top Cincinnati Restaurant” by Zagat (2011, 2012, 2013) and named "One of the Top 100 Restaurants in USA" and "One of the Top 100 for Best Service in USA" by OpenTable, 2011, 2012 & 2013; AAA 4 Diamond (2006-2012). Orchids offers a contemporary American menu that is seasonally updated with local ingredients. With breathtaking French Art Deco including two-story Romanesque murals, rare Brazilian rosewood, German silver-nickel wall sconces & an original Rookwood fountain featuring two large seahorses all restored to the 1930s grandeur. Complimentary valet parking.
Columbus
“A special 33rd Aniversary Dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Thank's! Orchids at Palm Court
in Cincinnati for making our aniversary a very special one, with great food and your great staff that provided great service we both really enjoyed the experience.

• Visited July 2014

“Great hotel restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My dining experience was one of the best I've ever had in a hotel restaurant. The menu, although small, provided excellent choices for 3-4 courses of fine dining. Each course was excellent, well-prepared, and used seasonal ingredients. I had a salad of mache, grilled fruits, and pancetta for an appetizer. My main course was duck breast, prepared medium rare with a crusty outer edge and accompanied by glazed cherries. Throughout, the service was impeccable, with numerous servers taking care of our meal, and the manager stopping by to check on us several times. Be sure to visits Orchids at the Palm Court of the Hilton for fine dining in a beautiful surrounding.

• Visited July 2014
Texas
“Beautiful dinner in sumptuous surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Based on reviews by Trip Advisor we decided to try this restaurant. The moment you walk into the Hilton and approach the restaurant, you are enveloped in sumptuous quiet surroundings. I was so busy looking around that I almost forgot to look at the menu. We had appetizers, entrees and desserts and were not disappointed. The service was impeccable. We would love to dine at this restaurant again if we are in the Cincinnati area.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Very Grand experience, but a little OTT.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stay at the Hilton when Im in Cincinnati, so, this is the restaurant as part of my hotel.

In the lift lobby, there is a big picture advertising Orchids with a huge looking fillet steak. Unfortunately, and to my complete disappointment, this is not on the menu!

The menu at Orchids is very limited, though you can order from the bar menu, you are not allowed to eat anything that may be consumed with your fingers (e.g. burger)

The steak I did have was, by US standards, extremely small, about 8oz I would guess (although, this is not actually noted on the menu).

The other foods on the menu are well presented "posh" food, rather than hotel restaurant fayre...and the dishes are charged at the over-inflated prices because of this.

Its nice to have such a place within the hotel, its just rather a shame that the current chef only wants to cater for those coming from outside the hotel for special meals, rather than the business traveler staying at the hotel.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Very grand place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The wife and I were staying in the Hilton Netherlands overnight after a Reds ballgame, we decided to stop in here for a nightcap and a bite before retiring to our room. The atmosphere is very grand and the surroundings very beautiful a must see. We ordered a couple of drinks and enjoy the entertainment for the evening,I believe it was jazz. My wife wanted a burger to eat and we placed an order but the lady forgot to place the order in the kitchen, she apologize profusely we told her that was okay but she insisted that our tab for the evening was taken care of. This place is a must stop in at when you're in Cincinnati. Very beautiful you don't see many places that look like this anymore. Oh by the way we finally got the burger it was very good and the french fries for some reason was the best I think I've ever ate.