“Gourmet food with stunning scene” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orchids at Palm Court

Orchids at Palm Court
35 W 5th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2801 (Central Business District)
513-421-9100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Orchids at Palm Court is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,653 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Race Street
Transit: TANK bus stop across Race Street. Metro bus stop within one block.
Description: Orchids at Palm Court is an award-winning fine dining restaurant located in the National Historic Landmark Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza. Executive Chef Todd Kelly is the American Culinary Federation's 2011-2012 USA Chef of the Year, the highest honor given by the 50,000+ chef organization. “Top Cincinnati Restaurant” by Zagat (2011, 2012, 2013) and named "One of the Top 100 Restaurants in USA" and "One of the Top 100 for Best Service in USA" by OpenTable, 2011, 2012 & 2013; AAA 4 Diamond (2006-2012). Orchids offers a contemporary American menu that is seasonally updated with local ingredients. With breathtaking French Art Deco including two-story Romanesque murals, rare Brazilian rosewood, German silver-nickel wall sconces & an original Rookwood fountain featuring two large seahorses all restored to the 1930s grandeur. Complimentary valet parking.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Gourmet food with stunning scene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Fantastic food, fine cuisine and delicious ingredients, for a very good price. This is the best restaurant in Cincinatti, according to critics. I can definitely rate to that. Tasting menu is a must and very affordable, even with accompanying wines. Service is very friendly and effective. Worth trying and going back without any doubt !

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Food in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Orchids for the first time on 2/22 for my birthday. The food was amazing. Very inventive, very creative, and unbelievably flavorful. The service was spectacular. While the Palm Court is unique and interesting it doesn't make for great restaurant ambiance in my opinion. But, that doesn't concern me too much because when I go out to eat it is to experience the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbus, Ohio
“Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My fiance and I dined here for our anniversary recently. I figured, "go big or go home" so i decided to try one of the best restaurants in Cincinnati. The place is gorgeous and a little intimidating. I've been to fine dining establishments before, but the look of Orchids alone blew them out of the water. The service is wonderful--the staff was very pleasant and not stuffy (unlike most of the patrons). You will obviously spend a pretty penny here, even if you don't go all out with drinks and dessert. You will also spend at least 2 hours there--which I enjoy. No one is in a rush to get more customers in. They will also bring you a few small appetizers while you wait--as for the food, since their menus change so often, I'm not going to go into great detail. I will say that the presentation and style of the food is definitely sophisticated and beautiful and flavorful. Having said that, I went out on a limb with some of the items i ordered and i wasn't crazy about them. They were good and they were different, but I'd never order it again...my fiance loved the duck dish he ordered. Again, the food is like art and I can appreciate it. However, I would definitely go back just to have dessert. Orchid's pastry chef is incredible. I wanted a tasting of all their desserts! My dish included some homemade passion fruit sorbet and it was truly incredible! So refreshing and fruity and delicious. I'm drooling now just thinking about it. My fiance got a chocolate pudding cake thingy that was also amazing.
Anyway, this was a fun experience especially since we rarely get to do the full fine dining bit. Great staff, beautiful decor and food presentation, wonderful desserts!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Coshocton, Ohio
“Spectacular Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I recently took our college age son out to dinner at Orchids and we were all impressed. The service, the food and the atmosphere were all beyond compare. We will be coming back for a college Graduation celebration in May. Can't wait to share this experience with our extended family!

Park Hills, Kentucky
“Surprise Birthday dinner!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

In one word Magnificent!!!!!! Everything one could want and enjoy!! Food, wine, dessert and bread, the best!