“Chefs tasting menu worth a try” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orchids at Palm Court

Orchids at Palm Court
35 W 5th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2801 (Central Business District)
513-421-9100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Orchids at Palm Court is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,740 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Race Street
Transit: TANK bus stop across Race Street. Metro bus stop within one block.
Description: Orchids at Palm Court is an award-winning fine dining restaurant located in the National Historic Landmark Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza. Executive Chef Todd Kelly is the American Culinary Federation's 2011-2012 USA Chef of the Year, the highest honor given by the 50,000+ chef organization. “Top Cincinnati Restaurant” by Zagat (2011, 2012, 2013) and named "One of the Top 100 Restaurants in USA" and "One of the Top 100 for Best Service in USA" by OpenTable, 2011, 2012 & 2013; AAA 4 Diamond (2006-2012). Orchids offers a contemporary American menu that is seasonally updated with local ingredients. With breathtaking French Art Deco including two-story Romanesque murals, rare Brazilian rosewood, German silver-nickel wall sconces & an original Rookwood fountain featuring two large seahorses all restored to the 1930s grandeur. Complimentary valet parking.
Bloomington, Indiana
“Chefs tasting menu worth a try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We tried this restaurant during a stay at the Hilton hotel in the same building. We decided to order the five course tasting menu with lobster salad, scallops with carameled cauliflower, pork duet and lamb tenderloin. Excellent mouth watering preparations in reasonably sized portions. I could not have the Chocolate Pavé with Cherries and Fromage Blanc with Rosemary Pineapple for dessert as I am gluten sensitive, but my husband said it was very good. Instead they offered me a trio of house prepared sorbets. My favorite was the coconut. I chose the wine pairing option. Although two were sweeter wines (never my own choice) they worked excellently with each dish. Taught me to keep a more open mind about wines and let the experts help with food pairings.
Staff was extraordinarily courteous and helpful. Superior service on a Thursday evening.Wait staff was sensitive to my dietary needs, making sure to omit and/or modify any ingredient that contained gluten.
Be sure to get hotel guide available at the restaurant and take a quick walking tour of the hotel. The decor is a stunningly beautiful example of art deco extravagance and craftsmanship. How fortunate that this hotel and restaurant was restored to its former glory.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ohio
“My favorite birthday lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I love the choices, the art filled atmosphere, the courteous wait staff, the fresh pasta grill. Eating is an experience that I have gladly shared with friends and family several times. The prices are very good for such a lovely place.

Visited October 2011
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“One of a kind award-winning restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wonderful food and art deco decor. There are paintings and mural designs everywhere which apparently were found and restored during certain phases of renovation.

Visited September 2012
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at Orchids and were extremely pleased with the service, food and ambiance. What a culinary and architectural gem! This is the perfect place for a special occasion. Top notch!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Best Service Ever / Very Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I went to Orchids with another couple in February 2012. To be honest I wasn't very excited because in 2010 I went to Orchids and the service was horrible.

But this time we had the best dining experience of my life. The service was darn right magical....simply perfect. My wife and I have eaten at some of the best restaurants in SanFransico and Chicago and Orchids service was hands down the best. Much better than even Chicago's Les Nomades which starts at $115 per person. I hope Orchids can continue to offer this level of service. We actually saw the other couple that we dined with recently and they mentioned that Orchids is the best service they've ever had and they have been all over the world.

What made the service so special? Well, there were multiple servers who simultaneously unveiled each plate on large silver platters. The main server was efficient, didn't go on and on about specials, pleasant, chilled out...just made for a relaxing night. They started the meal off with a small FREE tasting and then there were several other FREE tastings in between meals....one was an egg that had a soup in it...tasted great...looked amazing. And we never felt rushed. There is plenty of space between the tables. The decor is incredible.

The food is very good....some dishes are perfect...some are very good...again, I'm comparing them to restaurants that cost twice as much so it isn't really fair. The bottom line is we can't wait to go back.

Cincinnati is very lucky to have a restaurant of this caliber.

• Visited February 2012